Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Queen of Hearts
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Like I'm Gonna Lose You – Meghan Trainor and John Legend

Pairing: xiuris

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found myself dreaming
In silver and gold
Like a scene from a movie
That every broken heart knows

 

Yifan just finished his round with Ace around the forest. He just tied the white horse to a tree when a spider suddenly appeared from the branch above the horse. Ace, the horse who loathes bugs and any kinds of insects jumped and accidentally kicked Yifan on his jaw. Yifan passed out.

The moment he opened his eyes, Yifan noticed he was laid down in a shed sort of. He sat up and looked around the shed. He held his jaw as it hurt when he turned his head. It was wrapped in leaves or salves he wasn’t sure but it was treated. “Ace!” he shouted as remembered about his horse. He groaned as his shout made his jaw hurt.

“Hey, you’re awake! Are you feeling okay? You shouldn’t shout with your condition,” a petite man entered the door with a basket of plants.

“Who are you? Where’s Ace?”

“Is Ace your horse? He’s alright outside. I’ve given him some drinks to relieve his stress,” the man answered while fussing around Yifan’s jaw. Yifan was stunned as he let the man came near his face. He’s the type who hates people touching his face or body without permission but this was not a person. A doll? A god maybe. He studied the healer’s face feeling blush creeping his cheeks.

“The bruise has faded a bit. You’re good to go,” the mandoll smiled at Yifan.

“I’m Minseok by the way. I was picking some plants and herbs near the river when I heard Ace neighed in stress. I thought he was hurt but then I saw you passed out beside him. It took a bit of time to convince him I wasn’t going to harm you. You got a loyal friend out there,” mandoll, no Minseok explained the events in details.

“Thank you, Minseok. I’m Jiaheng. Yeah, Ace is my companion for five years already. He didn’t meant to kick me. He was surprised of a spider,” Minseok laughed at that and Yifan stopped talking to hear that beautiful sound.

“Minseok, not to judge you or anything but what did you put on my jaw?”

“Oh, don’t worry about it. I studied medicine so I know what I’m doing. I’m taking the exam to be the royal physician next week. Can you pray for me to be accepted as your gratitude for today?” lights shone through Minseok’s eyes as he told Yifan his wish. Yifan’s grin grew bigger as he listened.

Please log in to read the full chapter