Say You Won't Let Go

Queen of Hearts
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur

Pairing: xiulay, hinted chenyeol

Warning: female!xiu, fem!chen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I met you in the dark
You lit me up
You made me feel as though
I was enough
We danced the night away
We drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up

“Unnie, are you sure about this?” Jongdae asked her hesitantly. She was clearly opposing this idea. She saw them. She saw how happy both of them with each other.  But she was just an outsider. A cousin that Minseok could count on. She should accept everything Minseok decided although she sneaked in some reasoning that could change her cousin’s mind.

“I have to, Jongdae. The time’s up,” Minseok said while continued stirring her warm milk. Jongdae almost questioned the warm milk instead of her usual coffee for their weekly ‘coffee dates’. But she held it in seeing the condition Minseok was in.

“You know you can breach the contract. I know you love him. You know you love him. And I’m sure he loves you too. A contract is just a contract, unnie. Everything can change in a year,” Jongdae tried to convince Minseok.

“I don’t know, Jongdae. I wish he could tell me his thought about us. About all of us,” Jongdae nearly missed the last sentence. She could only offered Minseok a pat on her hand. She hoped her husband; Chanyeol had a better luck in convincing Yixing.

 

Las Vegas, a year ago

 “How could you do this to me, Luhan?” Minseok wept over the bar with her third glass of whiskey on her hand. That bastard left her for a ‘daughter of a friend his mother knows’. Minseok was devastated as she already told her mother that she’s bringing her special someone after graduation.

Yixing picked an empty seat at the bar. He ordered the strongest drink the bar could offer. He needed to think of a way to escape his mother wedding plan. He didn’t want to waste his time meeting his mother’s ideal types.  He saw a pitiful bunch next to him. He ignored it and got drunk in his own misery. He was a bit lightheaded when he heard someone mumbled.

“Dear god, give me a man. Please, I’ll do anything, just give me a man tomorrow,” the lady mumbled with a praying gesture towards the bar. Yixing gave a soft laugh making the lady turned to him.

“I know god loves me. Hey, are you a man?” Minseok asked the still laughing Yixing.

“Yes, I’m your god’s gift man. May I?” Yixing offered a hand for a dance. Minseok took the hand while giggling likea high school girl being asked by her crush to the prom. They danced to the country music they never heard of. Their bodies moving in sync with eyes never leaving each other. By the end of the song, the two of them got closer and closer.

“You’re so pretty,” Yixing murmured. His lips sealed with Minseok’s briefly before she tugged him down for more.

Please log in to read the full chapter