Maps

Queen of Hearts
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Maps – Maroon 5

Pairing: xiulay

Warning: implied mpreg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I like to think that we had it all
We drew a map to a better place
But on that road I took a fall
Oh baby why did you run away?

“Minnie?”

“Yixing? Oh God, baby, you wake up. Let me call the doctor first,”

Yixing blinked his eyes heavily. He realised he was in a hospital room. There was a life machine and IV drip on his arm. What happened? He saw his mother approaching with a doctor and few nurses tailing behind.

“So Mr Zhang, it’s a miracle you can recover this soon. If everything’s fine, you can discharge and continue your physiotherapy at home as your plan the day after tomorrow. Is that all?”

“That’s all doctor. Thank you,” Mrs Zhang replied instead of Yixing when she saw her son still in his confused state.

After his mother had sent the doctor and nurses out, Yixing finally enquired about what happened. Listening to his mother’s story, events of the accident flashed in his mind. He was buying roses for their anniversary dinner when a drunk driver hit him. Wait. Anniversary?

“Mom, where’s Minseok?” It’s not like he didn’t appreciate his mother beside him, but it felt better to open his eyes to his cute boyfriend of 3 years. He also needed to apologize for their supposed anniversary dinner that he couldn’t make it.

He saw his mother flinched at the name mentioned. “I’m sorry, baby. That boyfriend of yours stopped coming to see you when he learnt that you may lose ability to walk. Fortunately, the doctor said............”

Yixing stopped listening to his mother’s explanation. No, that can’t be true. His sweet Minseok won’t leave him in any condition. But his heart broke when he heard the only visitor he got in 2 months were his parents when he asked the nurses that night.

But I wonder where were you
When I was at my worst
Down on my knees
And you said you had my back

 

“The number you have dialled is not in service”

Yixing received the same answer every time he called Minseok’s number. It’s been a week since he was discharged. He was at his parents’ house for his physiotherapy treatment. Being the heir of Zhang Industries, he had to recover fast so he can get back to his office and find Minseok. He never believed in whatever his mother spewed about Minseok. He still put his faith in his boyfriend.

Until weeks became months, his faith was crumbling. He never had any news from Minseok. One evening, his mother brought some photos to his bed.

“Yixing, take a look at what your little beloved boyfriend did while you’re sick. He’s happy with other healthier guy. Just forget about him and marry Qian. Okay?” Mrs Zhang left his son to ponder. Yixing grasped the photos so tight, he almost tore them apart. It was Minseok, his Minseok in the arms of a blond tanned taller male. His face was not shown but Minseok’s face was so relieved, with wide smile and longer hair, which meant it was recent. He felt betrayed. He spent the rest of the night bawling out his frustrated heart. After 3 months of therapy, Yixing decided to come to his office to check on his projects and maybe forget about Minseok.

“Luge! Luhan! What’s up, man? You didn’t visit me in hospital. Or my home. You didn’t even return my calls. And you called yourself my best friend?” Yixing joked when he met Luhan, his business partner and best friend in the lobby. He felt hurt but nothing hurts more than what Minseok did.

“I’d come if someone didn’t permit anyone except family members to visit,”

“I don’t think the hospital has rules like that, maybe....”

“It’s not the hospital. It’s your mom, Mr Zhang. She even called Minseok as the cause of the misfortune.  He kept begging to see you, but she ordered some guards to chase us out. What do you think of us? Jongdae almost asked me to pull out from our partnership. He couldn’t stand his best friend crying for weeks and sleepless nights praying for your recovery. And

Please log in to read the full chapter