Chapter 9

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was about to walk over to Sooyoung when she was tugged back. “Yuri, what are you saying?” Jessica asked urgently, her hand grabbing onto Yuri’s forearm. “Do you know what you’re talking about?” Yuri was angry, yes but she couldn’t stop a grin from crawling up her face when Jessica’s concern for her was being publicly displayed. She turned back to Jessica and pressed her lips on her forehead, “don’t worry, Sica… I know what I’m doing.”

Sooyoung stood up and faced Yuri with a stone-cold gaze, “and what’s that supposed to mean, Yuri?” Yuri playfully brought a hand to and dramatically gasped, “I wasn’t referring to you, Sooyoung. Why are you so uptight?”

Hyoyeon and Sunny were getting more confused by the moment; they knew that if Yuri wasn’t careful, she was going to earn herself a beating. Though they wanted to step in like what Jessica did earlier, they knew they didn’t stand much of a chance when Yuri didn’t even stop for her. When Yuri wanted to expose someone, she would expose them regardless of everything else.

Sooyoung stood chest to chest with Yuri, her eyes blazing with anger, “then why the hell did you look at me with that accusing gaze in your eyes?” Yuri wasn’t backing down despite of the small difference in height, in fact her grin was only growing wider. She moved closer and tiptoed lightly, whispering incoherent words into Sooyoung’s ears as everyone watched fearfully.

And with a loud groan, Sooyoung left the hospital with clenched fists and a more than pissed off expression. 

Jessica quickly leaped to her feet and grabbed onto Yuri's ear with her nimble fingers, “you come downstairs with me now.” Yuri didn't even have a chance to protest as she felt herself being pulled outside with the blonde. She was pretty much enjoying the attention from Jessica, to be honest. 

“Yah, Sica…” Yuri whined, finally feeling the sting from her ears getting pulled for too long. Jessica stopped walking and turned around with a glare that could kill (though Yuri found it adorable), “what are you whining about?” Yuri pouted and stood in front of Jessica, mimicking the actions of a little child who needed to beg for forgiveness.

Jessica knew she wouldn’t be able to withstand it if she stared at Yuri’s puppy eyes so she quickly turned the other direction and pretended to be annoyed. She crossed her arms over her chest and tried to focus on something else. Yuri’s face literally changed from cheeky to crestfallen in a matter of seconds, watching Jessica ignore her. She didn’t know where she got that extra courage but she did and her arms enveloped Jessica’s small waist.

“Why are you angry with me?”

Jessica’s heart faltered with Yuri’s small voice, the younger one nuzzling her nose into her shoulder, “I’m not… I was just worried that you might get into a fight with Sooyoung-ssi.” Yuri’s eyelids fluttered in surprise; she was completely surprised at how sincere Jessica was, even trying to protect her from a potential fight between her and Sooyoung.

When there was no response from Yuri, Jessica turned around and placed her hands on Yuri's shoulders. She leaned forward slightly and pressed her lips against Yuri's cheek before pulling away, “I care about you… and I’d rather you not have conflict with anyone or you might be harmed without me knowing.”

The more Yuri listened, the faster her eyes teared up. 

And the more Jessica observed, the more her heart got ripped apart.

“Y-Yul… was that too fast? I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to place this burden on you. I should be more aware of my surroundings and know that you have a lot to think about now. I should know better than to say things like that. I’m so sorry, Yuri. Please ignore whatever I just sa---”

Jessica was cut off with a tight hug from Yuri; she could feel Yuri’s heart racing as Yuri leaned against her. Jessica wanted to know what this hug meant but at the same time, she couldn’t say a word because she could feel Yuri shaking at the same time. Her arms slowly went up to Yuri’s back, rubbing it comfortingly as she silently hoped Yuri would stop sobbing.

Yuri's lips automatically formed a pout when Jessica cupped her face, gently brushing the flowing tears from her eyes. “Hey… why are you crying?” Jessica whispered, her earnest eyes also attacking Yuri’s heart. Yuri actually didn’t know why in the world she was crying so much; it was a good feeling. 

“Let me ask you this,” Jessica paused in between and waited for Yuri to urge her to continue, “do you want me to care for you as a person, as a potential partner or would you rather we stay as friends?”

Yuri shook her head in panic at Jessica’s last question; she knew that mutual feelings were so difficult to find and it would be a terrible waste if they didn’t develop into something more. Yuri leaned into Jessica’s palm and looked down, “No… I… I just want to make sure that we can stay as friends if it doesn’t work out well.” 

A small giggle left Jessica's lips and Yuri stared at the blonde incredulously; how could Jessica be in the mood for laughing when Yuri was worried to death?

“Why are you thinking about us separating when we haven’t even started out yet, Yuri? Isn’t that thinking a little too far?”  

Yuri flushed madly at Jessica's words and she pulled Jessica into her arms, burying her face into her shoulder. Jessica finally let out a sigh of relief as she clutched onto Yuri's shirt, her nose nicely snuggled into Yuri's chest.

Why did Yuri have to be so darn adorable?

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

The next morning was horrible, well, for Taeyeon at lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter