Chapter 21

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yul…”

“Yuri, please…”

The calls for her name were starting to make her stir, and Yuri was finally beginning to regain her senses. She felt a sharp pain shoot through her veins from her wrists and ankles, making her wince a couple of times. Yuri shook her head lightly and tried to regain her senses as quickly as possible; this was clearly not a familiar environment for any of them. In fact, the last thing Yuri could comprehend was why Jessica was in the same place as her... considering their unofficial break-up a few weeks ago. She groaned once the light hit her sensitive eyes; the darkness had been her friend for some time.

“Yul…”

“S-Sica?” Yuri murmured in a blur, her eyes squinting to adjust to the lighted surroundings. She was about to rub her eyes when she realised the chains holding her against the wall, “what the hell?”

Jessica didn’t like the look of pure confusion on Yuri’s face, especially when she was told that Yuri had been following behind her all this time. When she needed help, Yuri was there watching over her silently… and now they were both stuck here. She could already feel her tears gather in her eyes when she was now able to see the faint scars on Yuri's forearms; they looked horribly painful. All this time they had been together, Yuri had been careful enough to make sure Jessica never got too close to the point where her scars could be exposed. 

When the iron doors from behind them swung open, Jessica saw the look on Yuri's face and she cursed; it had to be someone the both of them knew or recognised.  

“Y-Yeseul, why are you doing this?” Yuri asked softly, staring up at the older woman through her bangs. She knew she had offended Yeseul by rejecting her the other day but this was unexpected. “I… I’m sorry if I let you down. You don’t have to do this!”

Okay, honestly, neither Yuri nor Jessica knew what Yuri was gunning for when she said those words but they most definitely did not expect Yeseul to start laughing. She had literally burst into outrageous laughter after hearing the words Yuri had sincerely meant from the bottom of her heart. If anything, Yuri didn't even have to apologise for cleansing herself free of all that toxic nonsense from her past. Jessica was about to cut in and stop the old woman from laughing when she caught sight of someone else outside the iron doors, supposedly talking to one of his doggone lackeys.

“You really think I’m the only one who wants the two of you gone?” Yeseul asked in a mocking manner. She tipped Jessica’s chin with a scoff and moved to where Yuri was chained, “Honey, you’re really barking up the wrong tree right now.”

“What… What exactly do you mean?”

“This is what she means.”

Tyler had appeared behind the iron doors with a briefcase in hand, a disgusting smirk to go along with it. He had done his homework and made sure to be careful not to leave any traces behind when he ambushed Yuri as well. He moved into the room, enjoying the terrified gasp from the ice princess; his eyes were focused on the tanned woman chained to the wall. The only reason why he managed to rope Yeseul into this plan of his was because of Yuri, and he was definitely going to give a valid reason as to why Yuri needed to be punished as well. 

Jessica knew they were not going to get off the hook so easily, not when they had both offended the businessman in the middle of the room. She tried to wriggle slightly out of her tight ropes, knowing she’d have a much higher chance of escaping as compared to Yuri; not that she was going to leave the woman behind, Heavens’ no. If she could break free from her bounds, then perhaps she could cause a diversion so they wouldn’t hurt Yuri. After inflicting so much hurt on Yuri, the least Jessica could do was try and protect her this time.

“And you, Jessica… I wouldn’t have done any of this if you’d given in to me the first time round,” Tyler smirked, putting the briefcase onto the floor to open it. He took out a syringe and inserted it into another zip log bag filled with an odd substance. “As for you, Kwon Yuri… you embarrassed me and I don’t allow that.”

Yuri moved her head away when Yeseul came closer, running her sharp fingernails along the side of Yuri's handsome face. She used to be close with the woman but not anymore; Yuri was not going to tolerate this crap. She never thought the woman who took care of her back when they were in the same gang would double-cross her because she didn't want to involve herself with drugs anymore. Yeseul was enjoying this; she had wanted this tanned, y, wonderful woman for the longest time now. Yuri had been too young back then but she was a full-blown adult now. 

A rush of fire burst through Jessica's veins and disrupted all her calm thoughts when she saw Yeseul force her lips upon Yuri's, earning a helpless whimper from the tanned woman.

“Yah! Get your filthy lips off her!”

“Why?” Yeseul chortled, “jealous?”

Yuri, although mostly disgusted and angry, was glad to see Jessica’s face turn red, proving Yeseul’s words correct. She almost gagged when she noticed the odd taste of Yeseul’s lips on her own lips… and it was a substance Yuri was familiar with. Yuri felt light-headed when her tongue came into contact with the powdered substance; her body had successfully been cleared of all the toxins for years. She tried to focus her eyes on what was happening at the moment, only to yelp when she felt a needle jab straight into her vein at the joint.

“YURI!”

Jessica watched helplessly as tears began to roll down her cheeks; the sight of Yuri struggling as Tyler continued injecting the unknown substance into her veins was too much for Jessica to take. She thought she had seen the worse when Yuri broke down in front of her but this was something Jessica could never have imagined. Yuri was convulsing right in front of her because of something she didn't want, yet Jessica couldn't stop it from happening. If Yuri wasn't trying to protect her all this time, she wouldn't be involved in this mess in the first place.

“P-Please stop….” Jessica whispered softly, her eyes fixated on Yuri worriedly. She knew the side-effects of many drugs, especially since… her father used to be part of a drug cartel overseas. She shook her head incessantly when Tyler began to refill the syringe, “please, I’ll do anything! Just let Yuri go.”

Tyler’s ears perked up, “anything?”

Oh, .

Jessica squeezed her eyes shut, trying to ignore the image of Yuri shaking her head in protest. Yuri had done enough for her and it was only right for Jessica to reciprocate; When Yuri saw the determination written all over the blonde’s face, she knew she didn’t stand a chance changing Jessica’s mind. She cursed at herself for being such a letdown. She should have done better to protect the both of them, maybe they wouldn't be here then. Jessica was such a stubborn woman and Yuri didn’t want this; she was already used to this kind of treatment back in the gang… Jessica, she was pure and she should stay that way. 

“Anything.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter