Chapter 7

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri paced up and down the corridor of the hallway, her fingers pinching her nose bridge. She was still having difficulty comprehending why none of the girls crowding around Hyomin had the decency to either call for help or an ambulance instead of staring at her. “Oh my God… please keep her safe…” Yuri mumbled, she couldn’t afford to lose her friend.

Jessica was sitting with her fingers tightly clasped together, she never saw Yuri so out of composure and frantic before. “Yul, she’ll be okay…” Jessica said calmly as she stood and walked towards Yuri, taking her cold hands into her own warm ones, “come and sit down.” Yuri let Jessica lead; she couldn’t even think straight, much less do anything right. 

As amazing and unbelieveable as it sounded, Yuri felt her heart rate slowly increase as Jessica started to rub her hands in between hers, blowing warm air against it time and again. Yuri couldn’t take her eyes off the blonde; the one who always looked so relaxed and comfortable working in the nightclub though everyone knew it wasn’t the case. 

“Gosh, your hands are freezing…” Jessica mumbled and continued rubbing Yuri’s hands, trying to create some warmth. She didn’t know the effect her actions were bringing on Yuri but it certainly was something positive.

Yuri squeezed Jessica's hand, she was surprised but for the most part, touched. She observed Jessica for quite some time during working hours and Jessica wasn't into excessive skinship. So for Jessica to be the one taking initiative here, she must be something different.

“Sica… there are so many things I want to do for you and if you’d allow m--” Yuri was cut off with Jessica’s fingers on her lips, “that’s not the main issue here, Yuri. Don’t rush…” Jessica let her thumb run across Yuri’s lips gently, caressing the dry cracks and skin. Yuri's breath was taken away by how soft Jessica's fingers felt against her lips, her heart beat increasing even more. 

Though she was supposed to be more worried for Hyomin right now, Jessica was trying to distract her so it helped. It helped more than Yuri expected and now she was sudddenly regretting it, she really wanted to be with Jessica as often as possible. 

How could she ever let Jessica work as a stripper? 

 

-

 

Taeyeon looked at her watch, it was nowhere near morning yet and she didn't plan on going home. Firstly, she saw no purpose in going home when all her husband ever did was find fault with her. Secondly, the warmth she used to feel no longer engulfed her senses and it made her feel worse rather than better. Lastly, Taeyeon missed her old life.

Her old life consisted of freedom, lots and lots of it. She could hang out with her friends as and when she liked without anyone caring or making comments. She missed the time when Tiffany existed in her life, the bubbly girl always making sure she was fine without sounding irritating. “Seriously, what have I done to destroy my own life and myself?” Taeyeon mumbled, chuckling at her pathetic state.

 

Flashback.

Tiffany waited in front of her class with her books held to her chest, seemingly waiting for someone. She had purposely removed her glasses and wore contacts for the first time because someone complimented her; saying she looked better without glasses. Her friends all sent her knowing smiles and but nonetheless, they were all glad she broke out of her little bubble.

“Fany?”

It was her, Kim Taeyeon.

Taeyeon couldn’t help but let her eyes travel along Tiffany; she looked quite different today, though not necessarily in a bad way. She didn’t compliment Tiffany just to get her to change her appearance so Taeyeon felt bad because Tiffany was beautiful in every way.

“T-Taeyeon…” Tiffany stuttered and tucked her hair behind her ear, cheeks turning a bit pinkish. Taeyeon grinned at Tiffany’s behaviour and she walked even closer, “are you okay?”

What a joke. Taeyeon was simply teasing her and Tiffany knew it but she still couldn’t stop blushing when Taeyeon’s gaze was on her. “I’m f-fine!” Tiffany blushed even more when Taeyeon placed the back of her hand against her forehead and neck to check if she was feverish. “Well, if you say so.” Taeyeon retracted her hand and placed it in front of her instead, “shall we go in?”

Flashback end.

 

A smile automatically formed on her lips, the memory of Tiffany being that adorable was enough to make her ty day better. “Miss?” Taeyeon turned to her left and found a rather familiar face looking back at her, “Taeyeon-unnie?” “Nana?” Taeyeon finished the contents of her shot glass and patted the space beside her, “I can’t sit here, I’m working…” Nana whispered.

Taeyeon's jaw dropped slightly, “how many jobs do you have? Aren’t you a student?” Nana couldn't bring herself to smile after hearing Taeyeon's question but she tried, “circumstances don’t make me look or feel like one.” and with that said, Nana excused herself and went to circulate. 

“JINAH!!!”

“BOOORRRAAAA!!”

The woman with ash grey hair didn't pay special attention to the shouting, concentrating on her new tray of shots. She needed to forget everything, not make new friends. If her husband wasn't going to support her in anyway, at least alcohol did. 

Before Taeyeon could pick up another shot glass, a hand intercepted and grabbed her hand. Taeyeon squinted, trying to focus on the person beside her, “don’t look at me like that, Taeyeon.”

Tiffany? 

Taeyeon shook her head, laughi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter