Chapter 6

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny kept her word to Jongin, the two leaving the school to grab lunch before Sunny went back to the club for her shift. Jongin was so nervous and shaky around her that it made Sunny feel special, like she was the most prized possession in the world for him. 

“Well, Jongin. How are your studies coming along? I haven't seen you in a while.” Sunny said, looking at the menu in front of her. Jongin blushed after his eyes met with Sunny’s and quickly looked down on his pasta, “I-It's fine, I guess.. Noona's still pressing me to do better for dance though, I'm working on it.”

Wow, Kwon Jongin was getting too adorable for her. Sunny didn't know if she ever deserved someone like Jongin to love her but if she could pick again, she would choose Jongin in a heart beat. Then again, a person like Jongin would be able to find someone so much better than her.

“How's Yoong? Still struggling with her acting or did she change her course?”

Jongin took a sip of his tea before clearing his throat, “Yoong-noona's getting busier and busier but I think she's still acting, judging by that file she holds everyday without fail. I even went to get a glass of water because she asked and realized that it was merely her lines...”

Sunny laughed heartily, Yuri was more than accurate about her little brother's crush on her. She knew Yuri was 101% supportive of them dating but at the same time, Sooyoung still occupied a space in her heart. What was she to do? Sooyoung never treated her like this. 

 

Flashback. 

Sooyoung was in the club, giving out cards dutifully as she was required to do so. She hadn't even remembered that today was their first anniversary into dating. On the other hand, Sunny was at home dressing up for the night. She had planned to surprise Sooyoung at work with a homemade meal. 

“Lee Sunkyu, I thought you were coming to surprise Sooyoung?” Yuri asked into the phone, her hands busy with the mixing of drinks at the bar. 

“I am! Why?”

“Well, YOU BETTER HURRY THE HELL UP! I'm dying here!”

Sunny giggled at Yuri's order and quickly hung up, checking on her looks before heading out of the door with a paper bag in hand. She could already imagine how big the smile on Sooyoung's face would be when she realizes that Sunny has already prepared her dinner. 

 

-

 

Hm... Where could her girlfriend be? Sunny looked around the pub, smiling at her colleagues who couldn't take their eyes off her. She had never put so much effort into dressing up as she did tonight, just to make Sooyoung fall for her even deeper.

“Holy.... SunBun, she's gonna rock your world tonight..” Jonghyun teased, giving Sunny a nudge in the ribs.

Sunny blushed a little before excusing herself, going towards the poker tables. Her heart immediately raced when she saw Sooyoung sitting at the head of the table, inspecting the game carefully. The only time she looked up was when everyone at the table turned towards her with wide eyes. 

Sooyoung, needless to say, was beyond mesmerized by Sunny's beauty. Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Sunny's waist, her forehead leaning against Sunny's as she stared into Sunny's eyes, “B-Baby.... You look amazing.” Sunny tucked her head into Sooyoung’s neck, her lips shyly moving against her skin, “You like it?”

The card game was ignored and abandoned as Hyoyeon, allowing the couple to have their private time tonight, excused Sooyoung. The staff followed orders fairly well, staying away from the lounge so the couple could spend their anniversary in piece and quiet. 

Sooyoung placed kisses all over Sunny's face as she saw the packed food in the paper bags, “Omo, I'm famished... Thanks, boo.”

The rest of the night was amazing, to say the least. The entire lounge gave off a very familiar smell, a smell that all adults would recognize at this point. 

Flashback end. 

 

A tear made its way down her cheek, those were good times indeed. She wanted that Sooyoung back.

Where was the Sooyoung who always looked forward to seeing her? Where was the Sooyoung who comforted her when she needed someone? Where was the Sooyoung who begged her to cook supper every night? Where was the Sooyoung who whined and pouted for whatever she wanted? 

Gone. 

“N-Noona.. What's wrong?” Jongin asked as he brought one hand to Sunny's face, slowly wiping away the tear with his thumb. His heart twitched with each sob Sunny released and when he could no longer take it, he moved to sit beside her. “Shh.... It'll be okay…” Jongin whispered, bringing Sunny into his arms. 

Sunny felt the warmth of Jongin's arms and she threw her arms around Jongin's neck, sobbing into his shoulder. She missed Sooyoung so bad. She missed the younger woman so much that it hurt. It was piercing her heart, to see the cold reaction Sooyoung gave when people questioned their relationship.

“I… I m-miss her... So ing much…”

It might have hurt Jongin a little that Sunny was still thinking of Sooyoung but he could understand. Sunny was a woman full of love and an open heart, it was amazing how she could still love someone who hurt her time and again so deeply. It was more than just amazing.

He would do anything to bring back the smile he loved. 

 

-

 

Taeyeon was on her way to one of her favourite cafes, one she always had her breakfast before going through some documents in peace and quiet. She might have been a mere housewife but she had worked her way up the corporate ladder in the past, she knew most things that happen in a company. 

“Miss Kim! Pleasure to see you again!” Taeyeon smiled at the friendly waitress before sitting down at the table, “I'll have the usual, Nana.”

The waitress, Nana made an OK-gesture and quickly left to get Taeyeon's breakfast. She could probably memorize every order Taeyeon placed in this cafe ever since she discovered the place. Her breakfast was simple - a simple bowl of seaweed soup and a cup of coffee, odd combination but she ate it anyway. 

Nana noticed 90% of Taeyeon's behaviour and actions; it wasn't hard to fall for someone as adorable but mature as her. She spent countless minutes staring at Taeyeon from behin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter