Chapter 18

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal stood in front of the door nervously; she had been wanting to see Tiffany ever since that day at their apartment. She couldn’t stop thinking about Tiffany’s beauty or how much she wanted to hold the older one in her arms again. She could remember the way Tiffany clung to her while breaking down, and it was a memorable event despite it being a sad one. The reason why she was here was because Tiffany wanted her to pick up something for Jessica, though it felt as if she was asking Tiffany out on a date instead.

Before Krystal could even lift her hand to knock, the door flung open and revealed a rather different Tiffany.

“Krystal?”

“F-Fany-unnie!”

Tiffany leaned against the side of the door frame in amusement, smiling at how nervous Krystal seemed to be in front of her; she didn’t remember the latter being so nervous when they met for the first time last week. In fact... Krystal was pretty damn cute when she was nevous, more refreshing to see rather than her ice princess image. The only one among the siblings who didn't have the typical icy image was Nicole, as testifed by everyone else who have encountered all of them.

“Good morning, Krystal. What are you doing here so early in the morning?”

“I… I…” Krystal was blushing so hard at the state Tiffany was in; it made her wonder if the woman was aware of the effect she gave out on her, “I came here to get Sica-unnie’s book.”

When Krystal didn't dare to look up at Tiffany, the American instantly checked herself and she nearly slapped herself silly when she realised why in the world Krystal was being so shy. She was only in a thin bathrobe that ended before the middle of her thighs; it was fortunate that the person at the door happened to be Krystal and not a man... because God, he would have a bloody good time at the door alone. Thinking about it now, where in the universe did Tiffany get her confidence to stay at the door talking to Krystal like that? 

Tiffany cleared and patted her cheeks to get rid of her own blush, “come in and wait in my room; Jongin and his friend are busy with their own work in the living room.”

Krystal knew who Jongin was and there was another girl missing, judging by the stories Jessica told her every time she came home from a date or from Yuri's house. She followed Tiffany in with a pumping heart, hoping Yuri's siblings wouldn't treat her differently simply because of what happened between her sister and Yuri. Yuri was a rather fair and understanding person though so Krystal prayed that it'd be okay. With an extremely guilty expression, Krystal walked in with her eyes looking to the floor instead of anywhere else. 

“Hey!”

“Are you Jessica-noona’s sister?”

Krystal’s eyes darted up at once and she started to feel her face warm as the younger brother and his friend stared at her with blank expressions. She nodded nervously and was about to run away when Tiffany grabbed her wrist with a comforting smile, “there will be time for introductions later. For now, I need Krystal.” Krystal didn’t know how her reactions were making everyone amused, probably because her nerves were killing her.  

“Thank you, unnie.”

“No problem,” Tiffany giggled and patted Krystal’s head, “don’t get so nervous among us; we’re not angry with Sica or you so don’t worry too much.”

That being said, Krystal loosened her stature and felt her shoulders slump in relief; she was so afraid that she would ostracise her because of what happened between the Jessica and Yuri. The moment Tiffany went back into the bathroom, she couldn’t resist laying down on the bed though; the pink room and everything pink concept was driving her nuts but the king-sized bed was the comfiest thing she had ever laid on in her life. Krystal was so tempted to roll around but the sound of someone's giggles snapped her out of her trance immediately. 

Tiffany snorted when she saw how fast Krystal snapped up from her lying position; she was starting to find the younger one more adorable the longer she stayed here. “Is it very comfortable, Krystal?” Tiffany asked with a mischievious expression, crossing her arms against her chest.

“I’m sorry.”

“Aigoo, don’t be so cute.”

Krystal's cheeks turned red instantly, her entire body heating from the compliment received from the gorgeous eye-smiling woman in front of her. She didn't know what was happening, especially since she had no interest in anyone ever since she entered school. This was the first time she was feeling and reacting this way to a person; Krystal knew what it felt like to have a crush but she didn't know what it felt like to actually like someone. She felt more of a suitor this time. 

Tiffany walked towards her cupboard and took the book Yuri had passed to her last night; a sad smile donning her face at the thought of Jessica and Yuri not reconciling yet. She didn't want them to break up or cut off their friendship when Jessica was clearly the lifeline that kept Yuri far away from her old vices. If Yuri ever went back to doing drugs... God knows what would happen to all of them and their hopes. 

Jessica couldn't leave. 

“Here’s the book, Krystal.” Tiffany sat beside the younger on the bed and stared at the ground this time, earning a concerned stare from Krystal. The younger couldn’t help herself; the sight of the usually bouncy, energetic person who being abnormally sad again. Krystal sighed and she gently took Tiffany’s hand into her own, “what’s wrong, Tiffany-unnie?”

“I… I just think it’s a waste, you know?” Tiffany mumbled softly, “I know how it feels to get your heart broken and end up finding out that she had a legitimate reason for doing so… it’s such a waste.”

Krystal didn’t know how to comfort the older, so she did it in such a way she would with her sisters; with a warm, loving hug. She pictured Tiffany to be one of her sisters and it became easier to feel at ease instantly; Tiffany’s heart was pumping unsteadily with how close their bodies were and she couldn’t stop her face from turning pinkish. She hasn't been able to enjoy such warmth for a while, considering that her relationship with Taeyeon wasn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter