Chapter 17

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon felt like piggy-in-the-middle even though she was supposed to be recovering and taking better care of her health. She knew she was supposed to meet her saviour after regaining consciousness but it seemed as if this was a meeting meant between her childhood friend and her saviour. She couldn't help but feel the tension between the two women staring at each other with a gaze that could slice a person in half. Clearly, she knew nothing about it that could help her break this tension but it was also suffocating her.

“Unnie… you know Yuri?”

Jessica didn’t respond; she couldn’t after seeing Yuri in the flesh after so long. She also couldn’t resist scanning the latter from head to toe, wondering how Yuri had been lately.

It didn't matter how Jessica felt when she spotted the visible (heart-breaking) weight loss in Yuri; her arms were a lot leaner and her face had lost its original chubby cheeks. Yuri looked a lot more like a model who started crash dieting so she could work her way along the runway. On the other hand, Yuri did look like she worked out a lot more and her waist was starting to look slimmer but more firm too. It was nice... but Jessica preferred the fitter and more healthier look Yuri first had when they firs---

“Do you mind if I leave first, Jiyeon?” Yuri said albeit too coldly, trying her best to shake off the discomfort she was feeling around the ice princess. She disliked the fact that Jessica could still have that terrifying effect on her. “I wish you a speedy recovery and um, regarding your… issues, I hope you’d find me when you need someone to talk to instead of resorting to that.”

“B-But you just got here!”

Jiyeon frowned and turned to her childhood friend; just what went down between Jessica and Yuri that one of them would avoid the other like that? She barely knew Yuri, that was one but a part of her was already liking the sight of her saviour. She didn't expect that person, or Yuri to be so hot and charming either, it was putting her under a spell-binding effect. She could already tell the kind of person Yuri was, judging by the way she told the nurse to notify her when Jiyeon herself woke up.

Yuri felt a slight tug on her heartstrings when she saw the frown on Jiyeon’s face and she sighed; looks like there was no way for her to escape being around Jessica this time.

“Nevermind, I’ll just stay with you till you want me to go.”

Jiyeon immediately bounced up and grinned, clapping her hands joyfully in a hundred percent satisfaction when Yuri agreed to stay instead. Jiyeon didn't know what in the world was going on with her but something about the attractive tanned woman was making her react this way. Watching Jiyeon express her happiness like that, Yuri couldn't help the grin on her face too; this young woman was really cute and lively despite being on the brink of death a few days ago.

And all of a sudden, Jessica felt as if she was a third wheel.

There was an insane amount of jealousy flowing through her veins as she watched her childhood friend and Yuri get along as if they’ve known each other for years. Jessica herself took a little while to warm up to Yuri properly but it seemed so easy for Jiyeon to be friends with Yuri. She didn't like the fact that Yuri was just fine with the relationship they had now; it was almost like she was invisible to the other women now that they were busy talking to each other.

“Unnie?”

“Sica-unnie?!”

“YAH UNNIE!”

And even though the situation was not favourable to either of them at the moment, Yuri couldn’t help the twitch in her lips; Jessica hadn’t changed in the slightest bit - she still spaced out at random times and at the most random moments. At that moment, Yuri wondered if she'd ever be able to forget a special woman like Jessica. Jessica had changed Yuri beyond imagination and no one expected it before... the most important thing is that Yuri was in love, for the first time. 

All Yuri's ex-girlfriend brought was pain, but Jessica? She was the first person who made Yuri feel as if her heart was on motor everytime they met; she was also the first person Yuri thought she could spend the rest of her life with. 

“What a pity…”

“Pardon?”

Yuri finally snapped out of her trance and looked up, realising she had said those words aloud. She noticed the blank look on Jiyeon’s face but she didn’t miss the teary eyes opposite; Jessica heard every single thing she said. Her eyes met Jessica's and she pleaded for the ice princess to look into her eyes too; she needed to know if Jessica still harboured any feelings for her - Tiffany's words to her the other night were still lingering in her mind.


Flashback.

Tiffany was so sick and tired of seeing Yuri mope around without regard for her siblings and friends that were so worried for her. She barged into the master bedroom with a rolled-up cardboard in her hand, ready to smack the living daylights out of her best friend. She smirked when she saw Yuri lying on the bed with the covers hiding the lower half of her body; this was the perfect opportunity to teach her best friend a lesson without Hyoyeon interfering. 

BAM! BAM! BAM! 

 

“OWWWW!”

Yuri bolted up from her bed and tried to shield herself from the onslaught of attacks; what a rude awakening. She missed the times where Jessica was the one waking her up with kisses on her forehead or her lips or any part of her face. She absolutely missed the times where she felt Jessica’s body pressing against her in bed. How w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter