Chapter 13

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whether it was getting mindblown or just pure shock that triggered her to run away, Jessica didn't know but here she was locked up in her room. She couldn't bring herself to even think of such things happening in the Kwons' lives... it was so terrible and frightening; her life seemed to be a bloody fairytale compared to it. She just wanted to pretend she didn't hear anything from Yuri and run away in her own paradise. 

“Unnie?” Krystal poked her head through the gap between the door and pouted, “can I come in?”

It’s not like she was going to listen if Jessica said no to coming in so Krystal just opened the door wider and walked into the room, bouncing onto the bed. She noticed the tear stains on her sister’s face the moment Jessica came home but like the clever maknae she was, she knew better than to press Jessica for answers at that moment. Jessica was not prideful, but she needed time to express herself. 

“What’s wrong, Soojung?”

“Can’t I find you when I just want to cuddle?”

No matter how upset Jessica was earlier, her little sister’s cuteness was not to be trifled with; Krystal could make her laugh whenever she needed to laugh. She wanted to hug Krystal to death but she knew it wasn't going to cure the ache in her heart. 

Krystal snuggled into Jessica’s neck and caressed her sister’s cheek, “what’s wrong, Unnie? Did something happen with Yuri-unnie?”  

Why did Krystal have to be so sharp and smart? Jessica didn’t want to burden any of her sisters with her relationship problems since they had other things to focus on but Krystal knew without her telling anyway. Jessica didn’t know if it was good to tell Krystal but seeing as the younger was already worried to this extent… she didn’t have much of a choice anyway - Krystal would dig for answers and Jessica would still have to tell her.

“I went to Yuri’s house and…”

 

Flashback.

Jessica held a McDonalds’ bag in one hand and two cups of bubble tea in the other as she made her way up to Yuri’s apartment; after calling Yuri this morning, she realised the tanned woman had caught a cold last night after playing in the rain with Hyoyeon. Yoona had practical to go to and Jongin would be in school in the morning so by the time she reached, all of them would be at home.

Taking out her phone, Jessica punched in Yuri's number that she had memorized easily by now.

“Yuri-ah, is the door unlocked?”

Yuri buried her face deeper into the covers and mumbled, “no but the keys are in one of Yoong’s shoes so just find them and come in…”

Jessica felt the ache in her heart when she heard Yuri's cracked and hoarse voice; Yuri should have known better than to play in the rain but she also knew that Jessica would come and take care of her. Yuri was adorable and she was very young at heart, which was also an attractive trait about her so Jessica couldn't say that she didn't like it. Yuri knew how to behave around certain people, that's for sure.

“Alright. Just stay in bed, okay?”

“Okay…”

A smile appeared on Jessica’s face at Yuri’s obedient tone as she reached into one of Yoona’s shoes, retrieving the house key with Mickey Mouse charm attached to it - aigoo, Yuri's obsession with that Disney character was starting to become cuter by the moment. Jessica unlocked the door and mumbled a soft "heol," after seeing the mess in the living room. 

“Aigoo…”

Jessica couldn’t clean up the living room now, she had a sick patient to worry about. She put the two cups of bubble tea in the fridge and the McDonalds in the microwave; why did she buy McDonalds for a sick person again? 

When Jessica took her first step into Yuri's bedroom, she aww-ed effortlessly after seeing a huge lump buried under the covers in the middle of the bed. She knew Yuri could behave like a child but this was adorable; Yoona already told her beforehand that Yuri was a very clingy person when she was unwell or upset. Not that it mattered, of course; Jessica would like for Yuri to be clingy. 

“Yuri-ah…” Jessica cooed, lifting the blanket just a little to reveal Yuri’s peaceful face, “hey, you need to eat so I can give you some flu medicine…”

Yuri groaned softly in response before her eyelids started to flutter open, a goofy grin immediately appearing when she saw Jessica’s face in front of hers. “You came… I missed your pretty face…” Yuri mumbled softly, hugging her covers tightly. She didn’t need any medicine as long as Jessica was there to hug her to sleep.

Wasn’t Jessica the best medicine already?

Jessica blushed deeply at Yuri's words, her cheeks turning pink almost instantly - how could Yuri be so cheesy even when she was unwell? 

“Would you like me to clean up and feed you or would you like to eat now?”

“Can I sleep a little bit more?”

“Of course.”

Jessica made sure to spread out the covers so that Yuri would be warm enough before bending down slightly to give the younger a kiss on the forehead. She wasn’t going to force Yuri to have a meal now, especially when she needed an equal amount of rest too. She blew Yuri another kiss before closing the room door, smiling at the adorable woman that she was going to call her girlfriend soon. 

Time passed quickly when Jessica cleaned the living room and before she knew it, she was almost done. She had flipped over the cushions and made sure to dust them before putting it back in its place. The only thing she’d found after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter