Chapter 19

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you really think it’s that easy?”

“I’m trying here, Soojung…”

“Not hard enough.”

Jessica pinched the bridge of her nose as she recalled her conversation with her youngest sister this morning; she had left Yuri in the pantry overnight since there was a bed there. If she didn’t have to check on her siblings at home, Jessica most likely wouldn’t have left Yuri there alone. She still had this invisible barrier when things involved Yuri but it was a lot better compared to when she first found out about Yuri's appalling past. What she didn't expect was for Yuri to still be having feelings for her, though she returned them just as strongly. 

“Jessica?”

“H-Hyoyeon…”

The blonde didn’t say anything more but she was certainly in the locker room for a reason; Jessica wasn’t afraid of her but she was worried, knowing that something had set Hyoyeon off that day. Rather than sadness or frustration, it was more of guilt after remembering that Hyoyeon still protected her in the end despite the meaningless threat the other day. Jessica didn't know what to do with all her friendships with all of Yuri's friends; in fact, her sister seemed to be a lot closer to Tiffany rather than her when she got to know the latter first. 

Hyoyeon was trying to calm herself down, knowing she owed Jessica an apology indeed; even thinking about it now, her threat was absurd.

“Look, I’m sorry for what I said the other day. I didn’t mean it and I would never let that happen… I was just angry, and hurt at how you let my best friend go like that.”

It hurt Jessica too.

“I understand, Hyoyeon – I don’t blame you for it.”

Hyoyeon wanted to smile and thank Jessica but she couldn’t bring herself to, knowing that it wouldn’t be easy for her to take the woman as a friend now. She wanted to forgive Jessica for inflicting such pain on Yuri unintentionally but at the same time, the ice princess was the only one who had the power to keep Yuri away from her vices if she ever needed to go back to it. Jessica didn't know the power she was holding at the moment, and they wanted her to know before it was far too late.

Jessica, however, could sense the strong hesitation in Hyoyeon and she took a seat beside the blonde, “what’s wrong?”

“We… we just thought you were the one for Yuri, you know?”

Oh my God.

Jessica knew, because she thought she was too... and perhaps, she still was the one for Yuri. She had thought carefully about whatever her siblings have talked to her about, regarding their past. It was a fact that Yuri's past could never be changed but her future was the one which would determine their lives together. There was no point leaving Yuri because of history that wouldn't even repeat itself. She didn't need to worry about Yuri going back to it as long as she made sure there was no chance and no reason for Yuri to have a repeat of history. 

Hyoyeon sighed and shook her head, patting Jessica’s shoulder as she left the locker room; if Jessica’s mind was made up, then there was no point in trying to convince her otherwise.

Jessica would have stayed where she was but she remembered leaving Yuri all alone in the pantry last night and she sighed, knowing she’d not be able to work in peace at all.

“Damn it.”

 

When she did arrive at the pantry, however, there was an insanely deep sense of jealousy in her - there was someone sitting beside Yuri with a look of sympathy on her face and she was using a towel to wipe Yuri's forehead. Jessica wondered who the hell this woman was, considering that she had never seen her around any of Yuri's friends or family members before. Yuri had introduced majority of the key people in her life to her already but this woman... she was so familar yet so distant; Jessica had a feeling this woman was not one with good intentions.

“Excuse me,” Jessica murmured and walked closer to the bed, “who allowed you into the pantry?”

When the woman finally turned around, Jessica couldn’t help but let out a gasp at who it was. She now knew why the hell she found her so familiar from the side; this woman was also the one reason why they made the choice to leave the States. This woman was the cause of her family going downhill; it was all her fault that she didn't get the lovely childhood she wanted for her siblings.

“Jessie?”

“What the are you doing here?”

“Now now…” The woman chuckled and got to her feet, staring at Jessica with a disgustingly friendly smile, “is that any way to greet your Auntie that you’ve known for years?”

Jessica could feel her heartrate speed up at the word, ‘Auntie’ and she inched backwards till her back hit the wall behind her. She didn't want to see this woman in front of her ever again; this woman was a monster, and she didn't deserve to enter her life anymore. If only Jessica didn't know what this woman did in the past then perhaps, she would be able to treat this lady with some manners and courtesy but this was different. She knew what this lady did, and she knew what the motive was in the first place. 

“Why are you standing so near Yuri? Get away from her!”

“You know this girl?”

“Yes, she’s mine so back off!”

Yuri was unable to continue sleeping because of the loud commotion happening right beside her; she started to stir subtly, trying her best not to be noticed. She might have a splitting headache but she knew Jessica’s voice was shaky, and this woman next to her must be someone she knows. Yuri tried her best not to flinch when she heard the loud sound of a palm hitting the wall bounce off the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter