Chapter 5

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon was at home, so was Baekhyun. For some reason, there seemed to be a huge wall separating them and silence seemed to fit into the atmosphere fairly well. 

“So the CEO I met with..... is the same Tiffany as your ex-girlfriend?” Baekhyun said. 

“Yeah.”

Taeyeon kept her answers short. She really didn't want to talk about Tiffany with Baekhyun because clearly, the young man can't keep his jealousy issues to himself.

Baekhyun’s knuckles clenched tightly before a bitter expression overtook his face, “You went to see her, didn't you?”

The woman just hummed in reply, eyes still fixed on the television. She didn't realize that her silence was affecting her marriage with him, but in all honestly, it wasn't like she cared that much either.

There were so many things Taeyeon kept in her heart; things that couldn't be said. 

“How could you go without telling me?” Baekhyun whispered. Taeyeon's anger was unleashed and it was also the obvious reason why she didn't want to talk to Baekhyun about anything regarding the American, “So what if I did go and see her? I can't have my freedom to mix around with my friends? Who do you think you are, Mr Byun?”

Baekhyun stood up as well, trying to calm himself down. He didn't want to keep arguing with Taeyeon over things that were supposed to be solved a long time ago.

“I'm your husband, Taeyeon-ah…”

“Even so! You're my husband, not my owner or anything. I have my freedom. I have my rights. If I choose to hang out with my friends, I'll do it regardless of whether you have an issue or not.” Taeyeon's voice trailed off, she really really wanted her old friends back instead of them being uncomfortable around her, “Honestly, I think I would know my friends better than you any day and if I don't see any reason to stop being close to them, I won't stay away and ruin my own friendships. Especially when we're trying to repair our friendships from the past…”  

“Don't I at least deserve to know why you're hanging out with your EX?!”

Baekhyun couldn't resist emphasizing the last word, knowing how much it would hurt his wife. He was too overwhelmed by the jealousy brewing in his chest that he didn’t think of the consequences this could cause.

Indeed, it struck Taeyeon straight in the heart.

The woman sat on the couch and placed her hands over her face, her emotions and nerves were going into overdrive. She didn't need that painful reminder after the night before at Yuri and Yoona's place. She saw the smile on Tiffany's face when Yoona was there. 

Taeyeon stood up and brushed away the tears that had formed in her eyes, “Thanks. I needed that a lot.”

Baekhyun was speechless when he saw the hurt flash through Taeyeon's eyes and he immediately regretted his harsh and reckless words. After all, Taeyeon did leave Tiffany for him and here he was arguing with her over something they had promised never to bring up.

“Hon...”

“Not now.”

With her sharp command, Taeyeon yanked her arm away from her husband and took her car keys, walking straight out of the main door. 

 

-

 

Jessica woke up in an unknown bed and she leaped up, looking around with a panicky expression. She didn't remember going to bed with anyone last night. 

Just whose bed was she in? She was fully clothed. In fact, she was wearing a loose shirt with the denim shorts she wore last night. 

“You're awake?”

The blonde immediately turned to the source of the voice, spotting a gorgeous tanned girl drying her hair with a towel. “YURI?! What did we do last night? Oh my God, Oh my God.... No, no, no… Jessica rambled on and on, unaware of the amused smile coming from Yuri.

Yuri placed the towel on her chair and jumped onto the bed, ignoring the shocked expression coming from Jessica. She rolled around without a care while the blonde didn't know if she was supposed to be angry or surprised at how easy the girl was taking the news.

“How can you be so relaxed about this?!” Jessica murmured, holding the covers tighter towards her chest. Yuri snuggled her face deeper into the pillow Jessica used, taking a deep whiff of the scent of her hair, “What's there to be tensed about?”

The ice princess got off the bed, holding the covers as she left Yuri pouting. “Sica, you're fully dressed.. Give me back the covers…” Yuri whined as she shivered, her body curling into a ball.

Jessica could feel her heart melting as she watched Yuri's childlike actions and she cursed herself when she knew she was on the verge of giving in. Yuri's heart pumped as she watched Jessica cover her meticulously instead of being like her friends who would just throw the covers on her face.

“By the way, we didn't do anything last night. You fell asleep before anything could happen…” Yuri admitted, pouting when she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter