Chapter 8

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung…

Yes, Sooyoung had a sickening look on her face when she asked her about Hyomin’s whereabouts. Yuri’s legs gave away and she collapsed onto the floor, unable to believe where her thoughts were heading. She knew Sooyoung didn’t like it when Sunny presented her as her girlfriend but she wouldn’t expect Sooyoung to go so far; Hyomin, after all, was a wonderful friend to Sunny. It was clear that Hyomin didn't see Sunny as a friend but Sooyoung never cared so why... why did she hate Hyomin so much? 

Jessica’s eyes widened and she bent down, holding onto Yuri’s shoulders, “Yuri! What’s wrong?” She didn’t like the terrified look on Yuri’s face. Yuri always came off as a protector; a tough person and she didn’t seem to be scared of anything. “Yul…” Jessica cupped Yuri’s cheeks, caressing them tenderly, “talk to me. Don’t keep it in… please…”

Yuri didn’t respond, simply wrapping her arms around Jessica’s waist tightly. She needed Jessica’s arms around her, telling her everything would be just fine. “Sica… I’ll tell you later…” Yuri whimpered, resting her head against Jessica’s chest, “j-just hold me…” Jessica felt her tears consume her when she heard how broken Yuri sounded.

If Yuri was in no state to inform anyone, she would have to do it.

 

To: Sunkyu, Hyoyeon

Yuri found Hyomin unconscious in the bathroom.

We’re at the hospital now, she’s been transferred to ICU. Please come over asap.

Yuri’s in bad shape as well.

From: Sica 

 

Jessica shut her eyes and kissed Yuri's head when she heard the latter whimpering against her chest, her tears wetting the front of her shirt. She didn't know what Yuri was thinking about but Yuri's cries and whimpers were enough to make the strong walls around her heart crumble. “Everything will be fine, Yuri… Shh, stop crying…”

It took loads and loads of persuasion before Jessica could get Yuri to head downstairs to the cafeteria to have something to eat; no matter how worried she was, she couldn’t let it affect her health or it would just worsen the situation. Jessica stood at the drink stall, waiting for her orders, as she turned back time and again to check on Yuri.

“One cappuccino and one vanilla milkshake.”

Jessica grabbed both cups with a polite smile and headed back to the table, placing the cappuccino in front of Yuri. Though Yuri owned a bar, her love for coffee couldn’t be hidden. “Thanks, Sica…” Yuri’s voice had gone completely hoarse, clearly showing that she cried with all her being. “I expect you to eat still, Yuri. Skipping meals is not going to help Hyomin.”

Yuri unconsciously pouted as she sipped her cappuccino; she really had no appetite at the moment. “I’m not hungry…” Jessica frowned and exhaled loudly; she would have to make Yuri eat then. “I’m going to get you an American breakfast set and you’re going to eat it.” Jessica said sternly and went to another stall. There was no fight against Jessica, Yuri knew that so she lay her head on her arms in surrender. 

The younger one watched with a passionate gaze as Jessica walked back to the table with a tray in hand, carefully balancing it on her small hands. “I hope you like omelets and baked beans, Kwon.” Yuri lifted an eyebrow at Jessica’s drastic change in name-calling, albeit bemused at how comfortable she was with her, “Kwon?” Jessica rolled her eyes, trying to be subtle about her blushing, “this isn’t office hours and I’m older than you, by the way.”

Jessica dug in, feeling famished since she had no time to have breakfast. She continued enjoying her eggs and sausages, even dancing a little as she savoured its rich taste.

“Enjoying your food, aren’t you?” Yuri was looking at her with a cheeky grin, her eyes practically boring holes into Jessica. “Yes because I do not like wasting food that I’ve bought unlike someone.” Jessica smiled sweetly, diverting her gaze from Yuri back to her food.

“What a smart mouth you have, Miss Jung.”

“And what a stubborn kid you are, Miss Kwon.” 

A victorious smile surfaced upon Jessica’s beautiful face as she rendered Yuri speechless and sulky, she knew she hit the jackpot. When Yuri still didn’t touch her food, Jessica had to take a couple of deep breaths to calm herself down. Patience and cleverness was needed when dealing with kids, Jessica thought.

“So help me, Yuri,” Jessica muttered between gritted teeth, “eat before I make you.”

If there was anything Yuri loved other than playing pranks, it was making fun of Jessica till the latter fumed and started blurting out all sorts of threats. “Make me?” Yuri dragged her chair in and leaned even closer, “I would like to know how you’re going to make me eat.” Jessica knew Yuri was teasing her yet she was still happy because Yuri was finally not crying and actually having fun now. 

“I will force-feed you here if I have to, Yuri. Mark my words.” Jessica glared.

Okay, Jessica’s last glare really scared the living out of Yuri so she grabbed the plate closer and picked up her utensils, slicing the omelet. Jessica stifled a soft giggle when she realized how effective her glare was on even though Yuri was nothing but a mischievious child trapped in a body of an adult.

 

 

---

 

 

Sunny was at the Kwon's, tutoring Jongin on the topics he wasn't so sure about. Jongin was over the moon that Sunny would actually bother to come over just so he could clarify his doubts about school. She might not be a graduate or hold a PhD but she was sincere about helping him - it made Jongin fall for Sunny even more. 

“Jongin… I’m afraid I have to leave,” Sunny said, looking at her phone in absolute horror, “I’ll come over another day!”

Jongin was left hanging in his bedroom but seeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter