Chapter 1

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Babe, you're going to be late! " Taeyeon shouted from the kitchen as her husband was still in bed. She yawned and continued to prepare breakfast. She was exhausted, the couple were up all night settling case files from more than 10 companies. 

" Byun Baekhyun! " She screamed and stomped up the stairs with a pout on her face. She was holding the ladle in one hand and her apron was still on her.

Opening her room door, she walked in and was greeted by her husband who had her arms and legs spread out across the huge king-sized bed. Taeyeon smiled before sitting next to the sleeping figure. 

" Yah, wake up. You have to go to work today. There's a meeting with B&T Design. " Taeyeon patted his head before ruffling those soft strands of hair gently, playing with his brown hair.

" Hm.... Babe. Help me up. " Baekhyun pouted his lips whilst his eyes remained close, waiting for his morning kiss from his beautiful wife. 

" Byun. " Taeyeon bent down and pecked his lips before the two of them got out of bed. Taeyeon went downstairs while Baekhyun went to the bathroom, washing up. 

~

" Come here. Let me do your tie for you. " Taeyeon was standing near the door with his briefcase in her hand. This was the drill every morning.

She would prepare breakfast before waking him up. After they're done with breakfast, Baekhyun will have a shower and change to his office clothing before Taeyeon does his tie for him. 

" Shall we have dinner tonight? " Baekhyun proposed and wrapped his arms around Taeyeon's slim waist loosely. The older girl smiled and nodded, her arms now snaking around his neck. 

" I love you, now get your to work and bring back money for me. " She playfully slapped his before kissing him deeply. He kept quiet and accepted the kiss with fervor and soon, the two lovers were caught up in their own world. 

" You're late! Go, Baek. " Taeyeon chased him out of the house as her husband ran to his Mercedes, speeding off to work. He was already 10 minutes late.

*

*

" Sorry, I'm late. " Baekhyun apologised profusely as he bowed down, completely ignoring them as he did so. Apologising first was priority, to show that he had manners. 

" Mr Byun. I'm Yoon Bora. I'm the most trusted associate of B&T's CEO. Miss Hwang will be arriving later because she has another meeting. " Bora introduced herself and offered her hand to Baekhyun. 

" I'm Byun Baekhyun and I'm the CEO of Kim Corps. " Baekhyun smiled and accepted the handshake as they continued with the meeting. 

The merge of B&T and Kim Corps was viral all over the internet. B&T Design was known for holding monthly competitions where the top 3 will be used in their very own collection; People of all ages have been sending in their designs relentlessly. 

The other reason why it was so famous was because of its generosity towards the disadvantaged. 55% of their profits would go to Orphanages, Old Folks' Home, SPCA and Society of The Blind respectively. Whether it had been a successful year, the proceeds would still go to their various columns as planned.

" I think if we combine these designs along with your foundation board, it would a be huge sale. We've been holding on to these designs for a while and we're giving you the benefit of being first. " Bora explained as she went through the different powerpoint slides. 

The young chairman nodded and gave his comments before their attention was drawn to the knocking on the meeting door.

" Come in. " 

" Sorry, I'm late. I had a meeting with the board of directors from the Society of The Blind. " A woman decked out in a maroon and black dress came walking in with her heels knocking against the ground. 

" Hello everyone, I'm Tiffany Hwang. " 

*

*

*

*

" Noona, you're finally home. I missed you. " Jongin pouted as he hugged Yuri's waist from the back. Yuri had been in the club all night and she was home at 9.30 in the morning.

" Hi Jongin. Sorry, I missed you too. " Yuri turned around and ruffled her younger brother's hair before she leaned forward, kissing his forehead. 

The two siblings walked into the living room with Jongin clinging onto Yuri like koala. He was the baby of the family and had been spoilt by the two girls.

Yuri was turning 23 on the 5th December. Being the oldest among the 3 siblings, her duty was to take care of Yoona and Jongin as best as she could. Yoona had turned 21 on the 30th of May and Jongin had turned 16 on the 14th of January. 

Their parents were divorced and the sisters had chose to follow their mother before Jongin was born. Yoona and Yuri were only 4 and 7 years old respectively. 

" Where's Yoong? " Yuri asked as there was no sight nor sound of Yoona's distinctive voice or laughter which was fairly odd because she was always the first one home. 

" Noona called earlier. She'll be staying back to practice for her school play. " Jongin said and plopped his body onto the couch. 

" Did she say what time she'll be back? " Yuri asked, walking into the kitchen. 

" Nope. " 

The 3 siblings lived together without any adults and it was very tough in the beginning because Yuri was the sole breadwinner of the 3. 

She had dropped out of school when she was 18 becaus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter