Chapter 7: Friends

Perks Of Being Cupid's Daughter [TO BE RE-WRITTEN]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          “Who are you looking for?” Yunha asked. It was lunch time at school and, as usual, the cafeteria was buzzing with students. Aejin was at her usual seat with her friends as she looked around the cafeteria for a specific tall man.

          The only thing the high school department and the college department had in common was the cafeteria. The school only had one cafeteria for the two departments, but it was big enough to accommodate all of the students.

          “I’m looking for Chanyeol.” Aejin said as she stretched her neck to look around the cafeteria.

          “Chanyeol? Isn’t he the guy who caught you guys stalking his friend?” Jaeyoon asked as she stared at Aejin weirdly. Yunha nodded and followed Jaeyoon’s gaze.

          “Why are you suddenly looking for him?” Jaeyoon asked, obviously finding her friend’s actions weird. Aejin didn’t want to see Chanyeol. If she could, she would choose to not see him at all. She even planned to avoid Chanyeol at all costs, but somehow, Aejin’s new mission involved one of Chanyeol’s friends, Byun Baekhyun. She needed to talk to Baekhyun, and Aejin figured that wherever Chanyeol was, Baekhyun was also there.

          Apparently, Chanyeol and his friends are a part of the school band. He and Baekhyun have been friends ever since they started attending the school – or at least that was what Hongbin told her. Why Baekhyun needs her help and what his problem in his relationship was a mystery to Aejin. Hongbin didn’t tell her much of information. It didn’t bother Aejin though. She received tons of missions in the past where she was only given the name and the picture of the couple. She was used to finding information about other people. Maybe Chanyeol was right; maybe Aejin is a stalker.

          “Oh! You like him, don’t you? I knew it!” Yunha giddily said, earning a groan from Aejin.

          “No, I don’t.” Aejin said, sternly, and sighed, not being able to find Chanyeol. She figured that she wouldn’t be able to find Chanyeol so easily. If he and his friends ate at the cafeteria, she would’ve found out about Chanyeol’s existence sooner.

          “Speaking of like,” Aejin turned her attention to Yunha, “Do you remember Chanyeol’s friend?” she asked her with a cheeky smile.

          “The muscular guy that we stalked?” Yunha asked, and Aejin quickly nodded.

          “His name is Taecyeon.” Aejin said, recalling what Hyorin and Chanyeol called him, “What do you think of him? He looks nice.” She asked, excitement in her voice. The happiness that Aejin felt when she found Yunha’s mate was indescribable. If she could, she would make sure that they would get together and be with each other, but her father told her not to interfere.

          “Taecyeon?” Jaeyoon asked, confused once again.

          “He’s Chanyeol’s friend.” Aejin explained, “He’s really tall and he has a really good body. He’s definitely Yunha’s type.” Aejin pushed. She may have been forbidden to interfere with Yunha’s love life, but putting a good word to Yunha about Taecyeon wouldn’t hurt, right?

          “He’s alright.” Yunha said, and shifted her gaze to a man from another table, “He is quite attractive. But I’d still choose Leo over him.” She said with a dreamy smile. Aejin groaned and couldn’t help but roll her eyes at her friend. Yunha’s mate was just right in front of her, yet she still likes Leo.

          “Why would you choose Leo over him? Taecyeon looks much cooler than Leo.” Aejin said, trying to change her friend’s mind.

          “If you find Taecyeon that attractive, then why don’t you like him yourself?” Yunha asked and gave a pointed look at Aejin.

          “She can’t. She’s too in love with that Chanyeol guy.” Jaeyoon said, causing Yunha to chuckle and Jaeyoon soon followed. Aejin glared at her two best friends and shook her head.

          “I don’t like him!” she denied for the nth time. Aejin shifted her gaze to Leo and softly glared at his direction. What did it take to make Yunha get over Leo? It wasn’t like Leo knew her or anything.

          Aejin’s gaze suddenly drifted to the table beside Leo. There, Ellin sat with her friends. She was laughing yet there was sadness in her eyes. Ellin was still badly hurt with her break up with N, while N was almost over it since he’s already found his mate.

          It was then when she realized something, and Yunha wasn’t going to be happy about it. Ellin was Leo’s mate, and Leo was Ellin’s mate.

          Aejin looked at Ellin and Leo in disbelief. Their tables were just right next to each other, yet they weren’t talking. They weren’t even looking at each other. A person should be able to feel even the slightest pull when they see their mate, but from what Aejin was seeing, there was no pull. Not one of them even hesitated to look at the other.

          “Aejin,” Yunha called her. Aejin’s thoughts abruptly got cut and she immediately whipped her head to face her friend.

          “There’s Chanyeol.” Yunha said and nudged her head towards the exit. Aejin looked towards the exit and quickly stood up, seeing the familiar boys. They were heading out of the cafeteria, and Aejin quickly followed them.

          “I’ll see you guys later.” She said to her friends before walking through the cafeteria, towards the exit.

          The boys went out to the school field and walked to an area where a set of picnic tables were set up. All of them sat on the bench with their food, and got comfortable. When they were all sat down, Aejin appeared in front of them.

          “Hi!” Aejin greeted them, and just by that one word, six pairs of eyes landed on Aejin. She smiled at them awkwardly and suddenly regretted approaching them as a group.

          “It’s you again, stalker.” Chanyeol said, with an irritated expression, “What are you doing here?” he asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter