Chapter 13: Third Wheel

Perks Of Being Cupid's Daughter [TO BE RE-WRITTEN]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          “It’s so unfair!” Yunha exclaimed as they started walking out of the building. Classes have ended and the three of them were on their way out of the school.

          When Jaeyoon and Aejin had came back from their talk, Leo and Ellin were already socializing, leaving Yunha feeling bitter and jealous at the two. Once they sat back with Yunha, Yunha had started to babble about Leo and Ellin. Aejin had thought that Yunha’s babbling would end once class resumed, but even during their class, Aejin was forced to listen to Yunha’s words of distress.

          “What does she have that I don’t?!” she continued to ramble on.

          ‘The courage to talk to Leo.’ Aejin thought to herself. She couldn’t help but roll her eyes at her friend. She understood why her friend was upset, but Yunha had never even tried to talk to Leo even once. She just kept on watching and watching Leo from afar, not even bothering to introduce herself. It was quite impossible for Leo to notice Yunha when she doesn’t even approach him.

          “I’m just as pretty as her!” Yunha said.

          ‘But you’re not Leo’s mate.’ Aejin sighed. If only she could speak out what she was thinking, and it took all her might to not answer back to her friend. She was a cupid; a goddess of love. She had the power to make Yunha shut up about Leo, and it wasn’t through talking back to her.

          Jaeyoon, on the other hand, felt uneasy. Unlike Aejin, who was quite confident, Jaeyoon didn’t know what was going to happen. Although Yunha may have looked like a mere bitter girl, Yunha was hurt. She had truly adored Leo, and seeing Leo with someone that wasn’t her hurt. Witches were quite powerful; they had the powers and spells to change lives and fate. But Cupids were different; they were much powerful than witches. Cupids had the power to know information and had certainty. Witches didn’t. Jaeyoon didn’t know what to do other than to trust her friend, but she wasn’t quite if she could trust her friend as well; she was very doubtful.

          “Don’t worry.” Aejin whispered. At the sound of her friend’s voice, Jaeyoon’s gaze travelled to Aejin.

          “I have a tutor session with Chanyeol today.” She said, “Taecyeon will probably be there to cheer Yunha up.” She explained. Jaeyoon sighed and shifted her gaze to Yunha, who was now walking ahead of them.

          “How are you even sure that they’ll like each other?” Jaeyoon asked, and Aejin sighed at her friend’s doubt.

          “It’s the pull.” Aejin answered, “It's a normal thing for someone who meets their mate." she continued, "You'd see them and know that something was different about them, but you're not sure what." she explained, making Jaeyoon nod in understanding, finally starting to trust Aejin.

          "Though that isn't really the case for everyone. Some couples take time before they feel their pull." Aejin revealed, making Jaeyoon glare at Aejin. Jaeyoon was finally feeling satisfied with Aejin's explanation, but Aejin's latest statement made all of her doubts return.

          "But that's where we, cupids, come in." Aejin cheerfully said, once again making Jaeyoon feel reassured. Aejin wasn't too happy at her friend doubting her, but she couldn't blame her either. They were two different creatures, with different traditions. Aejin wasn't too sure if she could trust witches, as well. But Jaeyoon was her friend. She wanted to trust her.

          "Chanyeol is here." Yunha said, breaking Aejin and Jaeyoon's conversation. The two of them looked at Yunha and saw Chanyeol waiting by the gate.

          "Well, I guess I should go." Jaeyoon said, once they were at the gate, where Chanyeol was. Jaeyoon gave Chanyeol a polite smile, which the latter gave back before giving Aejin a stern look reminding her of their conversation and walking away from the three. Yunha heavily sighed earning Chanyeol and Aejin's attention.

          "Well, another day of your boring tutor again." Yunha said and grumpily walked to the direction of Chanyeol's apartment. Aejin sighed and shook her head, seeing her friend so glum.

          "What's up with her?" Chanyeol said, clueless of what was going on.

          "She's just having a bad day." Aejin excused and quickly ran to catch up with her bestfriend, leaving Chanyeol behind.

          "Hey! Wait for me!" Chanyeol exclaimed, seeing the two girls leave him. Chanyeol was about to scold the two of them for leaving him once he caught up to them, walking next to Yunha -  putting Yunha in the middle of Chanyeol and Aejin, but stopped himself when he heard Yunha ranting.

          "I don't get it..." she started, "Why did they suddenly become close?" Yunha said, distress evident in her voice.

          "Who did?" Chanyeol butted in their conversation. Aejin glared at Chanyeol. She didn't want him to hamper with what was happening. It wasn't any of Chanyeol's business and she wanted to take care of her friend's love life on her own. She had wanted to hush him but couldn't when Yunha told him everything.

          "Leo and Ellin." Yunha answered him, causing Aejin to sigh, "Leo has never talked to a woman like that before, ever. Not until she talked to him." she said, sadness in her voice.

          "Well, there's tons of other guys better than Leo." Aejin tried to cheer her up, causing Chanyeol to chuckle.

          "What?" Aejin asked him with a brow raised.

          "So let me get this straight," Chanyeol started with an amused expression, "Yunha likes this guy Leo, who's never really talked much with women, and suddenly he talks to one, and you're telling her to find another guy to like?" he said as if it was the funniest thing he's ever heard and started laughing.

          Aejin grew an irritated expression on her face, while Yunha was met with confusion. What was so funny?

          "Why do women always think that there's always 'something' going on with a girl and a boy who's simply talking?" Chanyeol said, making Yunha think back on what she saw.

          Leo and Ellin was just simply having a conversation. Chanyeol was right; the two of them talking didn't mean that they liked each other. But Aejin knew better. She knew there was something going on between the two. She made sure of it.

          "You're right!" Yunha exclaimed, making Chanyeol smile in pride, "I was definitely over thinking. Nothing's going on between Leo and Ellin!" she said, finally cheering up.

          "What are you talking about?" Aejin started, "There's definitely something going on between the two of them." she defended. At Aejin's words, both Chanyeol and Yunha looked Aejin with a curious look.

          "Really?" Yunha's mood dropped once more, "How could you tell?" she asked. At Yunha's question, Aejin looked up in thought.

          "Well," Aejin spoke, "One is how they looked at each other." she said as she recalled how Ellin and Leo looked at each other. There was definitely shyness and caution in the way they looked at each other - probably because it was their first time speaking to one another - but there was also affection and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter