Chapter 17: Hate

Perks Of Being Cupid's Daughter [TO BE RE-WRITTEN]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

         A bright light shone on Aejin’s face, almost blinding her in her sleep. She groaned as she shifted around the bed, slowly waking up. Just as she attempted to open her eyes, the light slowly disappeared, allowing Aejin to easily open her eyes. A man’s back welcomed her vision as she slowly sat up on the bed. The man struggled to fully close the curtains. Aejin hugged her knees and watched as the man wrestled with the harmless piece of cloth. Without Aejin knowing, a smile went up on her face.

         “Good morning.” Aejin greeted causing the man to jump on his spot. He quickly turned around and faced Aejin, his eyes bulging out in surprise.

         “You’re awake!” Chanyeol pointed out as he let go of the curtain. Aejin simply nodded before she looked around for her cell phone. She immediately found it on the bedside table and she quickly checked the time. Nine-thirty a.m. She woke up just in time. On the other hand, Chanyeol just stood at his spot awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

         “Uh… I already took a shower, so the bathroom is all yours now.” Chanyeol said, trying to make conversation. Aejin looked away from her phone and shifted her gaze to Chanyeol. It was only then that she realized that Chanyeol was wearing a different set of clothes from yesterday.

         “Where did you get your clothes?” Aejin asked as she studied his outfit. Chanyeol was wearing a white plain shirt with a pair of shorts that went down just below his knees. The shorts he wore accentuated his long legs, and was very appropriate for the weather in Busan.

         “I got it at a store near here. They were really cheap so I bought them with some of the money I had.” He explained as he studied his outfit as well.

         “Oh” was all Aejin could say before silence started to surround them. Chanyeol awkwardly fidgeted on his spot while Aejin just sat on the bed, frozen.

         The awkward tension around them was definitely not something Aejin had expected. Whenever she was with Chanyeol, they would always argue and bicker around. It was the first time she felt awkward around him, and it seemed like Chanyeol's first time to feel awkward around her as well.

         "You should go take a shower now so we could go and eat. I'll just walk around outside." Chanyeol suggested as he scratched the back of his neck. Aejin nodded at his suggestion, finding his plan smart, and quickly stood up from the bed. Seeing her agreement, Chanyeol nodded in acknowledgement before he walked out, leaving Aejin alone in the room.

         Once Chanyeol was out of the room, Aejin took out a pair of clothes from her bag before she entered the bathroom. Just like the rest of the motel, there wasn't anything too special about the bathroom. It had the basics; a counter, where the sink rests, toilet, mirror, bath tub, and a shower. Right by the shower, there was a pair of shampoo and soap which seemed to have already been opened, probably was used by Chanyeol. On the counter, there was an unopened pack of soap as well as another small bottle of shampoo and two toothbrushes. Aejin quickly ripped the wrapper of the soap, not finding it hygenic to use the same soap Chanyeol used, and stripped her clothes off. Aejin stood beneath the shower before she turned the shower knob on. A slightly hot water sprinkled down on Aejin, relaxing her and sent her lost in her own thoughts.

         Chanyeol came into her thoughts which she quickly tried to push away. Aejin had to finish her mission in only a few days. She couldn't risk any delays. She couldn't let him distract her. Aejin had to distract Chanyeol somehow and quickly find the couple. She still didn't know how, but she had to do it.

         After a few minutes inside the shower, Aejin came out and immediately dried herself with one of the towels on the rack before she wore the clothes that she had prepared. She lightly dried her hair with the towel before she went out of the bathroom, holding her dirty clothes.

         "Chanyeol!" Aejin jumped at her spot as she spotted Chanyeol sitting on the bed, not expecting him to be there, "I thought you went out for a walk?" She asked, recalling their conversation minutes ago.

         "I was going to go out for a walk, but there was a ruckus." Chanyeol started with a sheepish smile. His back was hunched and his hands were clasped together nervously. Aejin, on the other hand, raised a brow in question.

         "Someone's fighting outside. It looks pretty serious and I didn't want to get in the way." Chanyeol explained simply as he scratched the back of his head.

         "Fighting?" Aejin asked as she placed her dirty clothes inside a laundry bag.

         "Yeah, they're really loud! It was like one of them was going to suddenly bring out a gun or something." Chanyeol said, while Aejin could only scrunch her face at Chanyeol's exaggeration.

         Aejin kept quiet and heightened her senses. She lightly heard a pair of voices yelling and screaming at one another. One was a voice if woman and the other was a voice of man. Just like what Chanyeol had said, the fight did seem to be serious. Having this in thought, something stirred inside Aejin that caused her to bolt outside of their room, ignoring Chanyeol who was yelling questions at her. She went out to the open terrace that showed the restaurant in front of the motel. In front of the restaurant stood one man and one woman, neither of them happy. It was then that it kicked in Aejin; the couple from her mission, Kim Yura and Jo Sungho.

         Sending their final scream, Sungho stomped away from the restaurant, towards the motel, while Yura retreated to the restaurant. Aejin didn't miss the chance and quickly walked down the stairs.

         "Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Aejin heard Chanyeol say, who had just found his might to follow her outside, but ignored him. Chanyeol stood at his spot in confusion, not understanding what the girl had in mind, while Aejin took out all of her energy to get to the ground floor in time.

         Once Aejin was at the lowest part of the building, she quickly dashed towards where the man had went. She entered a small clothing store inside the motel which Aejin failed to notice when they arrived hours ago, probably due to exhaustion.

         "What happened again?" A girl, whom Aejin remembered was the receptionist, asked Sungho as he stomped inside the store.

         "Nothing." Sungho answered in irritation, his face showing his anger.

         "Excuse me, is everything all right?" Aejin asked, causing the two to look at her.

         "Oh! Good morning! How may I help you?" The girl jumped at her spot, surprised at Aejin's sudden appearance, while Sungho just stood at his spot.

         "Oh, it's nothing. I was just passing by and noticed them yelling." Aejin explained as she motioned towards Sungho, "Is everything all right?" She asked again, hoping to start a conversation.

         "Mind your own business." Sungho cut her off and irritably walked towards a room at the back of the shop.

         "I hate girls." He said before he disappeared into the shop. Just like that, Aejin lost her chance to talk to Sungho.

         Aejin couldn't help but sigh, getting no useful information from Sungho. Due to the recent fight, Sungho's emotions were all over the place. He had so many different thoughts that it messed up what Aejin could read. Getting information from Sungho required more than just her Cupid abilities.

         "Sungho! You should be nicer to our customers!" The girl yelled at the man before she faced Aejin with an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry about my brother. He always fights with the girl from across the street and it really affects his mood. He doesn't like girls that much, as well. He even fights with me a lot!" She explained, and Aejin unconsciously nodded in response. That didn't sound too good.

         "I'm Jiyoung, by the way." The girl introduced, "You guys are staying here for a few days. I hope Sungho won't bother you too much." She said, looking at where her brother disappeared to.

         "I'm Aejin." Aejin i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter