Leaving Behind

One Day In Your Life-Completed

It was still dark and Jiro was unable to sleep after the alcohol have all worn off and was excreted from his system,he was wide awake already.He stayed in his room,thinking he is going to wake up Rainie in the next room if he stays up in the living room.The night was still and very quiet,you can just hear the music of the insects and animals that roam around during the night.Then Jiro heard the sound of an engine as he looked at the window and saw Selina's car speed away from her garage.She have not left yesterday,she must have seen his little scene with Rainie,and somehow that thought bothered him.She didn't even talk to him or even say goodbye.Just like that,she was gone from his life,like the way she came in.He said to himself,he'll get over her,just like a flick of a finger,but now,he knew it will be a while before he can forget her.

He went back to bed,and he didn't know that he was crying,as he wiped the tears from his eyes.He have never cried to any girl before,this is the first time,he must be getting old,he thought.

Jiro woke up with a big headache,as Rainie's knock on his door woke him up.he got up and open the door,and found the newly showered Rainie,but still in her suit from yesterday.

"Good Morning" Rainie said."Sorry to wake you up,but I am taking you up on your offer of breakfast for this morning.I am famished and I checked your fridge and you got nothing there."

"Alright give me time and I'll dress up." Jiro said.He was wearing a pajama bottom and a sleeveless shirt as Rainie looked at his chest and arms with longing.

Jiro looked at her waiting for her to leave.

Rainie shook her head."It doesn't bother you before.I don't think it matters now.I have seen the whole of you ." looking at him without battling an eyelash.

"Alright,I better leave,for I may not be able to stop myself or I may you myself " as Rainie chuckled a laugh
Jiro can only smile and shake his head.

That is the difference between Rainie and Selina.wherein Selina is shy and naive in most part,Rainie is bold and sure of herself,she knows what she wants and she gets what she wants most of the time.Jiro shook his head realizing that he is thinking of Selina again.She is gone,and he will never see her again.

Jiro brought Rainie to the local diner and have breakfast there,and then took her back to the townhouse.

"It seems like your pretty neighbor have left." Rainie said.

"How did you know?" Jiro asked.

"I heard the sound of her car last night,it is hard to ignore,when everything is so quiet,and I saw you look out at the window.Did you really fall for her in such short period of time?" Rainie asked,her eyes sad at the thought,but somehow she have to accept defeat without losing her pride.

"I didn't know it until now." Jiro admitted."I love her and it is too late." as he forced to smile.

"You want me to stay with you today?" Rainie said."It will be lonesome ,you being alone by yourself."

"I will be going back myself in the city.It is time for me to go back." Jiro said."I'll see you around."

"Good bye Jiro.Just call me if you need me."Rainie said.

"I will,don't worry you will always be the first on my list." Jiro said.

"Promise me.You'll call if you need a friend ,even a lover." as Rainie forced a smile as Jiro hugged her.And then Rainie left.

Jiro decided to walk around the resort the last time.He doesn't think,he will ever come back here after today.Maybe
he will just sell the house,there will be too much memories there.He went by the lake ,by the hill and inhaled the fresh clean air and yes he can feel and see Selina's images all around here.After a couple of hours,he is ready to go back to his old life and yes he will be leaving behind all Selina's memories here,as he looked for the last time and he cried for the love lost....

Two years after..It is an early summer,a car stopped in the townhouse and two ladies came out of the car and then two kid bigger kids came out,a boy and a girl,the girl is a teenager and the boy barely in his teens but tall and lanky.
And then a little girl about a year old giggled as her Mom took her out from the car seat.

"Aunt Selina ,can I hold Chloe ?I promise I'll keep an eye on her." the little girl say.

"Alright but keep an eye on her,for she have been walking and running." Selina said,as she took her bag from the car ,while the other kid took some luggages in the back.

"Just leave it out,Maria will take it out later on." Selina said."Come on Chloe ,we have to go inside."

Selina looked at the house and nothing have changed.It is still the same the last time she was here ,almost two years ago.Memories of the past began to flood her,as she started to get pale.Her sister notice it.

"Are you alright Selina?" Ella asked."You look so pale all of a sudden."

"I am alright.It must be the sun." she said."Come on Chloe,we have to start unpacking and yes,we have to change your diaper." as she took her baby and carry her over in the bedroom.

Selina stared at her baby while changing her.She have Jiro's lips and eyes,and everytime she look at her baby's eyes,she reminded her of Jiro,so how can she forget him.

It took her by surprise to learn that she was pregnant when she left here,and her parents in shock but they have supported her all the way,and now they are so crazy with Chloe,that they couldn't think a life without her.Thank goodness,she did not marry Alex,otherwise,it could have been a bigger scandal,and she doesn't think Alex can forgive her if ever,and she knows that Alex will make sure that she 'll pay for all the humiliation she gave to him..

Selina never looked for Jiro,for she knows,she will just complicate matters in his life.He might be a married man now,and he might even have a child of his own.That is what he wants ,isn't it?Did it ever cross his mind that there is a possibility of having a baby somewhere.maybe not.

Jiro's face,Jiro's memories keep flooding her,as tears started to fall,she quickly wiped them away.She shouldn't cry.She should have no regrets,she got a beautiful baby in the end and yes she have a few days of happiness with him.That should be enough to take her a lifetime.

After two years,finally Jiro got the guts to come back to the resort,he initially wanted to sell the house but changed his mind.There were too many memories there with Selina and he could not just throw it away,or leave it all behind.Two years after and yes he is still in love with her.There was no woman after her.He dated a few times but end up regretting it before the night is thru.If ever he needs a partner or a date,Rainie always came in handy.She is always a good friend.And yes she finally found somebody who can love her back and that is Mike,but they remain friends as ever.

It is already seven o clock but the sun is still up.He finally reached the gravel driveway as he started to slow down.He have told his housekeeper to buy groceries for him.He should have something to eat for tonight,for he never bother to stop on the way here.

He took a quick brake when a little girl suddenly ran out from the door and got out from her Mom's grasp.He almost hit her,it is good thing that he already slowed down and his reflex is on the dot.

Jiro got out of the car and he was surprised to see Selina as she hold the baby tight....and as they looked at each other eyes....