Confusions and Betrayals

One Day In Your Life-Completed

Jiro ends up in the bar after leaving the townhouse.It was one of the pubhouse along highways ,just outside the town.It was quiet with very few people inside.The television is on with a baseball game in progress.Jiro sat on the stool and ordered some beer and a burger to go with it.

He tried to concentrate on the game but he is not much of a baseball fan,and he was lost just in the middle of the game.His thoughts keep coming back to the girl he left behind with her fiance.They might have reconciled already and will go on with the wedding,and where does it leave him,but some bitter taste in his mouth.He has not been doing good lately with love matters.He has been pretty good before,he must be losing his touch with the women.He took another shot of beer,and thought about his career.He have been gone for a while.He have just asked his colleague to cover for him for three weeks,and that should be ending soon.Maybe he should just concentrate in his career and forget women and having a family of his own.Maybe he is destined to have none and be married with his own career.Somehow the thought of it is not appealing.He loves the company of a woman in his life,maybe he should not take them seriously,then he won't get hurt in the process.Maybe he should be just a gigolo,and let the women cry for him,just like before,he smiled at the thought.

After the sixth or eight beer,he is ready to go home.His mind have started getting woozy and he is still have to drive back home.He paid his tab and smiled at the young girl who have been eyeing him,since she came in,and left.

He was surprised to see Rainie's car in his driveway,and before he can react,and think ,Rainie is by his side kissing him full on lips.He kissed her back pulling her body closer to him,did he missed her,yes he did,but something have changed,the kiss that flew sparks before has gone,what he felt is like a kiss but devoid of emotions and feelings inside,and he was surprised at the realization.he pulled himself away from Rainie and he saw the light went out fron his neighbors house.He wondered if Selina have seen him,well it doesn't matter now,she is getting married anyway,and somehow it hurt him more that he would care to admit.

"Rainie,this quite a surprise." Jiro said."How did you know I am here?"

"Well you are not at your home in the city,and I always thought you like it here." Rainie said."How are you Jiro?" she stared at him and added"I missed you."

Jiro just smiled and mumbled"Let us go inside,it is starting to get chilly here." he said as they walk to the doorand jiro open the door.he looked at his neighbor's window,and it seems that there is nobody home,he wondered if Selina went with Alex on the way back.

"So what brought you here?" Jiro asked."I thought we are over and done with."as he looked at Rainie straight in her eyes.

"I have thought things over,and I do missed you,can we start all over again?" Rainie asked.

"What do you mean all over again?As in you moving back again or us being boyfriend and girlfriend again?I thought I told you what I want from our relationship,not just boyfriend and girlfriend,not just living together,I want the real thing Rainie.I want marriage and children.It is either that or nothing." Jiro said.

"Just give me time Jiro,I am not ready for commitment,for marriage and children.I love you,I really do,but if you love me,you will give me time"Rainie said.

"If you love me,you would have said yes without hesitation. " Jiro said."I want a wife and a Mother for my children,if you can't give it to me,then we will be back to square one.I don't want to play anymore,I am tired,I don't want to invest in a relationship when we have different goals."

Rainie's tears fell."I am sorry,I can't give up my career now."

"I am sorry too,I guess we are not meant to be."Jiro said in relief.

"Can we still be friends?" Rainie asked."I miss your company and the fun we have together."

"Sure,friends.Nobody knew me better than you." Jiro said.

"And talking of knowing each other.I just saw your beautiful neighbor.She let me wait for you in her house."Rainie said."She is very nice,have you seen her around? "as she take note on his reaction and facial expression,hoping something will give something away.

"Yes,I did." Jiro said,as he looked away from her.

"You have not fallen for her,or have you?" Rainie asked."I have this gut feeling that she likes you and I don't think your feeling is far behind."

Jiro did not say a word."She is getting married." Jiro said.

"Yes,she told me." Rainie said."Is she the reason why you don't want me back?"

"No she's not.I don't see us going through a relationship,knowing we will have to part in the end.There is too much emotions involve and we are not kids anymore." Jiro said.

"Just give me time,all I am asking of you is time.I love you Jiro and few months down the road maybe I will be ready for marriage and family." Rainie. said.

"Or maybe not.Where does it leaves me?" Jiro said."Let us just be friends for now."

"Yes friends then." Rainie said in resignation."I think I better leave it is getting late."

"Why don't you stay for the night?" Jiro said."It is too late for you to be driving now,especially the roads are not all lit up."

"Are you sure?" Rainie asked.

"Yes I am sure,you can sleep at the other bedroom." Jiro said."Maybe I'll treat you for breakfast in the morning."

Rainie smiled,as she gave Jiro a kiss on his cheeks."Good night Jiro."

Jiro looked at her "Good night Rainie."

In the next door neighbor,Selina looked out and found Rainie's car still in the driveway and there is no sign that she will be leaving soon,as the light in the living room went out.Selina can only look and cried.

That night Selina did not get any sleep as she decided to leave early that morning to go home.She does not have to talk to him.He is just the same as Alex,professing his love to her and making love to the next girl.He have just moved on just like that...She just have to leave everything behind,his memory and all...

Before the crack of dawn,Selina left without much of a glance to the place where she found her heart and where `she lost it at a short period of time.She have to forget him,she have to forget Jiro....