Troubles and Knots

One Day In Your Life-Completed

The sun was up and it seems that there is no trace of bad weather from yesterday.The plants and trees are in bloom,the signs of summer are here.The green leaves are sprouting from the branches,the pink flowers that seems to stand out from the greens,sway with the winds.Jiro looked up and feel none of the beauty that surrounds him.He has been walking around aimlessly trying to forget the incident that happen this morning.Suddenly his world seem to crash just like that.He felt the pain but he knows he'll get over this,he'll get over her if ever,he have gone through this before,another heartbreak ,and another heart to mend and soon the pain will be over before he knew it.He just have to convince himself that it is just a phase and soon everything will be forgotten including Selina.

He decide that it is time to go home,as he walked back to the townhouse,it is starting to get dark,and somehow his stomach have started to growl,reminding him that he have not taken anything at all today except from left over juice on the fridge.He better go back to town to buy some food.He hurried his pace until he reached his door,just when he was about to open the door,a car arrived.A silver BMW stop his engine in front of Selina's house,and a tall nice looking guy got out in his shades and suit.

Jiro stared at him,this must be Alex,the great Alexander that Selina loved since she was young.He was handsome in his own way,tall and somehow his presence commands attention,yes any girl can fall for him including Selina.He looks mature and always sure of himself and he have this confidence in him in his every movement ,he have this certain arrogance within him.He must have noticed that he was looking at him for he looked at his direction,and Jiro hurried up to get inside.He does not want to complicate matters already.

He showered and dressed up and got ready to go out.He does not need to be here,knowing that Selina and Alex are together in the house.He hopped in the car and sped away.Selina saw him through the window and somehow felt so guilty for seeing Alex.He should know that she was hurting more than he was hurting.She felt a tap on her shoulder as she turn around and found Alex so near her as he tried to kiss her.

Selina found Alex kiss so revolting.Does he think that with just mere kisses,she will forget the whole thing.How foolish can he think she is? as Selina tried to fight back and avoided his kisses.

"Selina,I am so sorry.It is just I promise your Dad not to touch you and how long can a man like me endure being so close to you and not be able to touch you and the mere kisses won't be enough for a man like me.But I love you."Alex said."I treasured you and saved you for our wedding day,because you are someone special for me.Marry me as planned,and I promised you I will be faithful to you."

"And you want me to believe that?You being faithful is so hard to believe,And that is not the things that you said to me before.What is the reason for the change of tune ?Is it my Father or is it the company?" Selina said in anger.

Alex face darkened and Selina thought for a while that Alex is going to hit her,but stopped himself in time and changed his expression."Selina you may not believe now,but I do love you in my own way,and I still think that our marriage will be the best for both of us." he said.

"I am sorry Alex,I don't think I can go through with it anymore." Selina said."I just realized that I don't love you that much to gamble my life with you."

"Are you telling me that you love someone else?That I don't believe,you always love me Selina,I could have taken you before but I did not and if then you won't even object.You are just mad and jealous which I do understand." Alex said.

Selina just realized the arrogance in Alex,that she have never seen before.He will never believe her now,if she told him that she have fallen for another man,and much less given herself to that man.

"I am sorry Alex,there will be no wedding between the two of us.What we have is over two weeks ago.I don't love you anymore and I have forgiven you for what you have done." Selina said.

"You are just saying that.You don't have to give your answer now,try to think about it.I will still be waiting for you in the altar,if that how it takes,but you don't say no to me."Alex said.

"My decision is final now.I won't be changing my mind,I am sorry it has to end this way." Selina said.

"No,I don't accept that.You will marry me Selina,that I promised you.You will have to marry me." was Alex last word before he stormed out of the house.

Selina let out a deep sigh as a sign of relief.Now she is free to love Jiro and then they can be together,as she heard Alex car speed away.

Selina knocked on Jiro's door and got no answer.She knew he left earlier and he may not have come back yet.But she have been waiting for him for hours now and still no sign of Jiro.She have been practicing the things she have to say to him and kept rehearsing it on her mind.But he is takinf his sweet time to come home.She suddenly felt a fear in her heart,he have not leave yet is he?,she thought.She doesn't know a thing about him,where does he lives and works and if he lose him she doesn't know where to find him.She was about to give up and the night have already taken over.When she notice a car approaching the driveway.

She walked excitedly thinking it was Jiro but she was surprised when she saw a petite pretty girl emerged.She was beautiful with a certain innocence and sweet look in her face.She was wearing a business suit and her hair is shoulder length as it falls on her shoulder.She smiled at her.

"Excused me Miss,I was just wondering if you knew if Dr Jiro Wang lives in this townhouse?" the lady said.

"Yes,he does." was Selina's short reply.She just stared at her.She looks so fragile that you just want to protect her and with that face such an angelic one especially when she smiles,man must be going crazy with her and have been wanting to protect her,Selina thought.Suddenly she have a bad feeling of what could be her relationship to Jiro.

"Do you know or have you noticed if he has been around lately?"she asked."You are his neighbor I assume?"

"Yes,I just live next door.Yes I have seen him around." Selina said.

"Good,I am Rainie his girlfriend,I thought I just saw you in his door.Is he home?" Rainie asked.

"No,I am afraid he is not home."Selina said."Maybe he just went to town."

"Thank you,I will just wait for him then."Rainie said.

"Would you like to wait for him in my house?It may take some time and I hate the idea of mosquitoes having a grand time on you." Selina said.

"You don't mind?" Rainie asked.

"No I don't really mind.It will be nice to have a female company." Selina said."My name is Selina by the way."

"Thank You Selina.You are so kind." Rainie said.

Selina opened her door and let Rainie in.She smiled at her.How it that possible that the two women in Jiro's life is in the same room.Jiro will have a heart attack if he sees them together right now.He will probably don't know how to explain things to both of them,Selina thought.And he told her that they have broken up,is he lying or is she? Was there a confusion somewhere? Somehow seeing your rival face to face is less daunting,less anger and making you see things in different light,but yes it is painful nonetheless.

"Would you like something to drink?" Selina asked."A juice or soda?"

"Do you have an iced tea?"Rainie asked."If you don't have ,a juice will be fine,Thank you.I am quite thirsty from the long drive." Rainie said."You live here by yourself?"

"No,I just come here once in a while,mostly during summer with my family.I don't own this,my parents do." Selina said.

"You are not married yet?" Rainie asked.Somehow she just have the need to get to know more about this girl.

Selina shook her head but added,"I am getting married next month" she said.She does not know why she added that but she just feel like telling her that she is not after her Jiro.

"Wow that is nice.I admire woman who have the courage to enter to such commitment.Jiro has been asking me to take the final plunge but I don't know,I might say yes now." Rainie said."Before he changed his mind and decided that he does not want me anymore.That will be too sad,for I love the guy."

"That is good, I am happy for both of you.So congratulation is in order then."Selina tried to smile through her pain.

Rainie notice her expression,and somehow she have this gut feeling that this girl is in love with Jiro.She could not understand it,maybe she's taking it wrongly,and suddenly a thought came to her that Jiro might have a relationship with this girl,while she is away.Her heart beats faster at the thought.She won't be able to accept that,Jiro belongs to her and only her should be in Jiro's heart.

"I guess you can say that." Rainie said."He is too good of a man to pass him up.It will be so hard to find a man like him." as she smiled.

And then a car engine can be heard as Rainie looked out at the window,and saw Jiro's car.She quickly said her thanks to Selina and walk towards Jiro,while Selina looked and saw Rainie gave Jiro a kiss on the lips,and Jiro likewise responded,as she his hand pulled Rainie's body closer to him.Selina didn't know that tears started pouring as she closed the window ans closed the light as she cried some more....