Chapter 4

One Day In Your Life-Completed

Selina took a walk as Jiro tag along.She found herself walking down the beaten path off from the main road going on the hilly point of the development.The road eventually lead them out to the view of the lake below.The blue greenish water that stretched out along the way is so silent,as silent as the two people walking along,both of them are filled with their own thoughts.

Suddenly Selina stopped on the grassy area of the hill overlooking the lake.The tress have started swaying as Selina felt chilly all of a sudden.Jiro looked at her and his thoughts came back to the present.

"Are you cold?You want us to go back?" Jiro asked.He was on the act of his hoodie jacket,when Selina shook her head.

"No I am fine,thank you anyway." she said."I always love the view of the lake in this place."

Jiro looked around and notice for the first time his surroundings and smiled.There was a sense of tranquility in this place,a good spot to think and to meditate.He breath in the fresh air,it is sure is different from the stale air of the city.

"Yes,the view is great.I never knew that this place can be this beautiful.You must have come here a lot,to know the exact spot where it will be perfect." Jiro said as he plump down to the grass to sit.His hands played with the blade of grass as he looked out at the lake.Selina notice his hands,he have such a beautiful long slender hands,and wondered what he do for a living.He must have done good,if he was able to buy a property around here,she thought.

"I found this by accident ,when I was lost,and finding this place is so I don't know ..quite magical I should say." Selina said.

"Sometimes,you find the most beautiful thing in your life when you are lost." he said as he smiled at her.

Selina nodded and was quiet for a while again ,as both of them stared a the work of nature before their eyes.The sun went down slowly as if he does not want to go.He was like a yolk of an egg with a golden hues and the with scattered colored in the sky splashed all round him.

As the place started to darken around them,Jiro stood up,as he tried to brush off the dirt and the grasses that clung to his pants."I think we should go back,before,it becomes really dark." he said.

Selina did not answer,she stood there mesmerized by the beauty and her thoughts coming together.Jiro noticed the sad look again in her eyes,he wants to ask her,but stopped himself.He is a total stranger after all.

"We really should be going back now." he said.Selina came back to reality and noticed the darkness that start to enveloped around them.

"Yes,we should be heading back." she said and started walking back.They were silent again on the way until they reach home.

"Thank you for letting me go with you.And thanks for sharing your discovery." Jiro said.

Selina just bowed down and smiled.

Jiro went back as he open the TV and started flipping channels after channels.All the news are the same,there was something about the war in Middle East,which has been going for sometime now,they just changed the site but still it is still the same chaotic world.He end up watching an old rerun of a comedy show,as he laughed at them.Just one show and it started to bore him,as he started to look for something to read.He found his cell phone which has been quiet for sometime,and as he turned it on,few messages came across as he flipped and read it,but no Rainie.....she never called...why is he hoping,that she will come back crawling to him to accept her back.

Selina got tired of crying as she washes her face.Her eyes is still red and puffy,good thing she is all alone by herself.She doesn't need to explain herself anymore.She heard the alarm on her cell phone as she went to check it out.The battery is low as she turned it on and then messages came and Alex called her for eenth time,asking where she is,with anxiety on his voice.Her father must be around when he made his call,for she never saw that concern in his eyes when she talked to him.How come she never saw him for what he is before.

Morning crept up slowly,as Jiro woke up.He is not used to this stagnancy,he is always on the go.He was brought up that time is precious and should be spent only to things that are worthwhile.And staying here all alone and doing nothing,does not correspond to his belief.He thought that coming here,Rainie's memory won't haunt him.It is a lot better now,but he cannot totally forget her.

He put on his sneakers and went for a jog.He went by the roadside and ended at the bottom of the lake on the beach side.He threw some pebbles on the water creating some ripples there.There was some dark cloud forming,with a sign that the rain is on the way,anytime soon.He jogged back and soon he felt the little drops of rain as he hastened his stride.It was really pouring by the time he got in the house,and he was all wet as he stripped off his wet sweater from his body.Then he heard a thunder that seems to boom around.The power seems to flicker a bit and then came back.

As he went to the bathroom to get a towel,he heard his doorbell and wondered who can it be.There is only one possibility and that should be her beautiful neighbor as he hurriedly open the door.

Selina stood there by his door,with a scared look in her face."I am sorry if I bother you,but you are the only one here,can I stay with you for now?" Selina asked.

Jiro nodded his head as he let her in.She was clad in her jogging pants and sweatshirt and her long hair is in pony tail.She look like a little kid,as he smiled to himself.he let her sat on the sofa.

"I am so sorry,but I am afraid of thunder,and I just really need to be with somebody." Selina said.

"It is alright ,don't worry about it,in fact I started to get bore,not having anybody to talk to." he said."I think I am more of a city boy than a country bumpkins."

There was another lightning and then a thunder,as Selina cringed and moved closer to Jiro,and then the lights flicker and then a the lights went off.Jiro felt Selina's hand on his arm as she grabbed him.He can feel the tremble of her body.This poor girl is really scared to her wits end,he thought.He hold her hand to reassure her.

"Don't worry,the light will come back soon" Jiro said."Is it alright if I go look for a flashlight or a candle?"

"No please don't leave me." Selina said.

"Alright,we will just stay here." Jiro said as he went on the dark groping for the sofa and sitting with Selina.They were quiet for a while,once a while Selina will be startled when she heard the thunder.

"You want to tell me story,so at least we can pass the time." Jiro said."And it will also help you with your nerves."

"I am afraid,I don't have a lot of funny story to tell." Selina said."My life is pretty much boring and not that colorful.Maybe you have a better story than I do."

"Life is what we made it,the picture is up to us to color it." he said."We can see it in different light and different hues and in different angle."

"I am afraid that my color now is all gray." she said ,as she tried to laugh it out."What is there to tell,I am the youngest in the family.I have an elder sister,that is married with two kids,that I adore Megan and Adam.I am single and I am a sort of a teacher."

Jiro laughed"What is sort of means.Are you teaching now?"

"No,I am not,I sort of help out my Dad in his foundation right now.I handle the charity side of the business." she said.

"I see,you must be his princess then." he said.

"No I'm not.I am far from it." she said."How about you?"

"I am a doctor by profession,but I just basically do consultation now." he said."I sort of miss doing clinicals, rather than sitting on the desk.I rather want the bedside part of it."

"So you are a doctor,now I pretty much feel safe being with you." she said."You are not married?"

"No,I pretty much married my profession.The right girl have not come along yet.I thought I got her but then ...she was not." he said."How about you?I thought I saw a ring,but then I must have been mistaken.I am sorry I don't want to pry."

"It is alright,I think it is better to talk it out with a virtual stranger than somebody close to you." she said."I am engaged and the wedding is set soon but..."

"So you are having a second thought marrying the guy.The question is do you love him?" he asked.

"I loved him all my life." Selina said."It is not a question of loving but a question of trust."

"So you caught him fooling around,and you don't know whether to go with the wedding or not?" he asked."Is that why you are all alone here,to think it through."

"Yes.His answer is not to my liking when I confront him." Selina said.

So it is not to hat he did,but what he said then,that is why you are having a second thought?" Jiro asked."Is he worth it,for you once you marry the guy it is forever."

"How did you know?" Selina asked."I can be different." somehow,she was annoyed at the way his tone are going.

Jiro laughed."No,not your kind.You are the faithful type.I should look for your kind then." as he laughed some more.And then the light came back and Jiro saw that Selina's face are red with anger."I am sorry I didn't mean to offend you.There is nothing wrong in being the squeaky clean goodie two shoes.yes that is right you are the ice maiden."

"I am not like that,I also have my wild side in me." she said."I can also be warm or hot as any girls around.I think the rain have stopped,thank you for letting me stay with you." and with that she stood up and left without much of a glance.....