A Kiss (Baekhyun)

The Silence Between Us Says Everything

Chanyeol and I never talked about it after it happened.

I think Chanyeol liked to pretend that it never happened.  I didn't know why, it wasn't as though it would ruin our friendship.  It was a simple mistake.  A simple, passionate, heated, addictive mistake that I didn't think that I'd ever forget about.  No matter how hard I tried to bury the memory, it would constantly resurface.

 

Chanyeol and I fell to the floor panting.  "Isn't the point of practice to improve?" I gasped.

"I think we got better." Chanyeol moaned.

I smiled and squeezed my eyes shut to prevent the sweat from stinging my eyes. "We're not even close to Xiumin and Luhan's level.  This is futile."

"Well of course we're not as good as them.  They're basically professional soccer players."  Chanyeol murmured.  I angled my head to get a better view of Chanyeol.  His chest was still rising and falling deeply.  He was still looking at the ceiling of the indoor soccer field we'd spent the last hour and a half running across.  I could see how his shirt clung to his body, making his chest and abs more defined under the sweaty tee.

I chuckled, "We are not made for this life." I rolled over onto my stomach and put my forehead on the floor. "I ache everywhere."

"Do you want me to give you a massage?" Chanyeol offered.

"Yes." I replied.  Chanyeol sprang up and positioned himself so that he was essentially straddling my back.  His fingers touched my back, but his naughty came out to play as he tickled me.  I squirmed under his touch and found myself turning over to give him a dose of his own medicine.

"That's not fair." He said as I attacked his exposed belly.  He burst into giggles and bent over.  His face was suddenly centimeters from my own.

The laughter exited the situation as I was staring into the eyes of my best friend.  Had they always been such a chocolaty brown?  Did it always feel this way when he was so close to me?

Chanyeol brought his face even closer.  Our noses touched as he hesitated.  He seemed unsure as to whether or not he should continue his action.  We were sharing the same air.  Our lips were only millimeters apart, and I could feel the heat radiating from them.

He was taking so much time to place his lips onto mine.  It felt like I was waiting for an eternity before I made the decision for him.  I pressed my lips flush against his.  Chanyeol didn't pull back.  Instead, he positioned his head to make it more natural and comfortable.

Chanyeol's hand touched my cheek and slowly slid down to rest on my neck, leaving a trail of fire down the side of my face.  I brought my hands up to rest on his hips.

Our lips began to move in harmony, and the kisses slowly became more aggressive.  The intensity between us was palpable.  Chanyeol's tongue slipped into my mouth.  My tongue clashed back.  Our tongues danced with each other as my hands began to bunch into fists, taking the fabric of the shirt with it.  His body moved even closer to mine.

When there wasn't enough air anymore, Chanyeol pulled his face away from mine and rolled off of me.  We were both taking ragged breaths.  I could feel my body aching for the heat of Chanyeol again.  I wanted him to return to where he'd been just a moment ago.  Kissing me while his weight was pinning me down.

Chanyeol didn't come back.  He sat up and got onto his feet.  He walked towards the exit.  I listened as the doors to the gym were pulled open, and they swung shut.  I was left alone,  confused and feeling something new towards my best friend.  I exhaled the breath that I didn't know I'd been holding. How could Chanyeol have left?  Was I the only one who felt how perfectly our lips matched?  It was as if his lips were made to kiss mine.  Did he not feel the sparks flying between us?

 

After that day in the gym, I found myself fantasizing. What if Chanyeol hadn't left?  Where would Chanyeol and I stand if more than our lips met?  I would drive myself insane with 'what if's and 'could have been's.

A kiss that replayed constantly in my mind.

I was lying to myself when I said it wouldn't have changed our friendship.

It changed everything.

A kiss that came with the realization that I was in love with my best friend.

A kiss that made me into a cliché.

The realization that I would never look at Chanyeol the same way.  

The realization that I would have to deal with these feelings alone.