Nice going, boys...

The Atypical One

"Table number 4 will seat Jeon Jungkook... Kim Taehyung... and Lee Yejin."

 

 

At that very moment, Yejin heard and saw two boys giving each other a very gay-looking handshake. Yejin had a look on her face that was something like:

 

Not only was she going to be the only girl at the table, but the two boys she was assigned to sit next to were apparently best friends. As the girl realized she was going to be the loner of the group, she decided to just keep quiet and not talk to them unless they asked her a specific question or something. She just hoped the boys wouldn't be mean or rude because she couldn't stand those kind of people.

 

 

Yejin sighed and slowly made her way to the table, where Jungkook and Taehyung were already seated and conversing. Her chair was facing the two boys from the opposite side of the table so thankfully, she didn't have to sit next to them. Yejin dropped her backpack onto the floor next to her and took out a pencil while quietly waiting for Mr. Oh to finish assigning seats to the few remaining students.

 

 

To be honest, Yejin was uncomfortable around boys. She got along extremely well with girls and was known for being able to befriend a random girl in a few minutes' time. She was outgoing and friendly that way. However, when she was with boys, she didn't know how to act. It's not like she could start a conversation about shoes with them and expect the boys to relate and chat with her. Yejin also had no experience with boys. None. Sure, she'd talked to them before. But she's never had a boyfriend, much less a guy friend.

 

 

The fact that her new table mates were cute didn't help at all. Although she'd been keeping her gaze lowered for most of the time, she was able to steal a few quick glances at the boys when she first arrived at the table. *Oh my gosh, that boy named Taehyung has THE cutest laugh ever. And look at Jungkook's face! Dayum, God must have spent a little or a lot of extra time while making them...* thought Yejin. As the girl raised her eyes in hopes to stare at them a little more, her eyes met with Jungkook's. *fuq fuq FUQ!! ALERT ALERT! I have been spotted!!!* she panicked in her mind, but calmly looked away in reality. Her heart was beating quicker than usual and she hoped that Jungkook would just go back to talking with Taehyung. Unfortunately, she saw from her peripheral vision, Jungkook nodding his head in her direction to Taehyung, triggering an awkward silence.

 

 

Yejin pretended to look for something in her backpack when she was actually fully aware that the two boys were staring at her. Eventually, Taehyung was the first to break the silence. "Hi, what's your name?" he asked, causing Yejin to look up and gulp as she was finally able to get a clear look Taehyung.

 

 

*God, why is it not illegal for human beings to look this hot?* she thought. "Uhh... oh. My name is Yejin," she said and immediately regretted it. *UHH? DID YOU JUST SAY UHH?? HOW CAN YOU NOT EVEN INTRODUCE YOURSELF CORRECTLY YOU PABO?!* the girl mentally cursed herself.

 

 

Thankfully, the boys didn’t seem to think much of her stupid mistake and went on to introduce themselves. “I see… Well, I’m Taehyung. You’re a junior right?” Taehyung asked and Yejin nodded.

 

 

“I’m Jungkook,” the other boy said and once again, Yejin nodded.

 

 

*Alright… not so bad of a start. Maybe this won’t be as awkward and bad as I thought* Yejin let out a small smile.

 

 

At this time, Mr. Oh had finished assigning seats and settling down the class. He was now going over the materials that they would be covering in this course over the school year. Yejin turned around and put her full attention on the teacher. Although Yejin constantly procrastinated and rushed through her homework, she was actually an academically successful student because she always paid attention in class.

 

 

“In this class, you will not only be learning the steps to the design process but you will also-“ Mr. Oh was suddenly interrupted by a loud sound of metal hitting the floor. The sound actually came from right behind Yejin and she jumped a foot off her seat. As she whipped her hear around to see what all the noise was about, she came to confront a scene which included a very pale-looking Jungkook and a very red-faced Taehyung, who was covering his mouth and looked like he was going to burst out laughing any second now.

 

 

Confused, Yejin scanned the area to see what the issue was and almost immediately spotted the issue. Red paint covered the floor. It was everywhere. And from the looks of it, Taehyung had jokingly shoved Jungkook, causing him to tip over the entire can of paint that was sitting on the shelf next to them. Yejin noticed that the entire class’s attention was focused on their table and she immediately put her head in both of her hands. *Reeeal smooth, guys. Great job.* Yejin thought.

 

 

However, what Mr. Oh said next made Yejin want to shout in disbelief, “Table 4, please stay after class to clean up the mess.” At that moment, the bell rang and the other students shuffled out of class.

 

 

Yejin immediately ran up to Mr. Oh with wide eyes. “Mr. Oh I swear I didn’t have to do ANYTHING with the mess. I wasn’t even aware of what the boys were doing behind me!” she pleaded. Yejin did NOT want to be on her teacher’s bad side from the first day of school. In fact, Yejin was often the teacher’s pet, so she could not let Mr. Oh think she was responsible for trashing his classroom on day one.

 

 

Mr. Oh nodded in understanding. “Yes, I am aware of that, Yejin. However, the three of you are now a team since you are table mates. Please help them clean it up before you leave for your next class. I will notify your teacher for next period about what happened so do not worry about being late,” he explained before handing Yejin a mop and a bucket of water.

 

 

Yejin slowly turned around to face Jungkook and Taehyung with an unreadable expression. Yejin was still very shocked and confused as to why this was happening to her.

 

 

“Err… sorry Yejin for getting you involved,” Jungkook finally said when he saw Yejin’s face.

 

 

“Yeah… it’s not even your fault,” Taehyung added quietly.

 

 

“No really, Sherlock?” Yejin snapped and immediately felt guilty. The boys probably didn’t feel too great about this happening either and sitting here arguing wouldn’t get anything done. Yejin sighed and set the cleaning materials down. “Nevermind… let’s just get this cleaned up as fast as we can so that we can go to our next class,” she suggested.

 

 

The three students all grabbed a mop and started wiping up the thick liquid. Yejin scrunched up her face as she asked, “What were you guys doing anyway to cause such a mess?”

 

 

Taehyung giggled and replied, “Oh nothing really. We were just joking around…” This statement caused Yejin to roll her eyes. She now remembered another reason why she didn’t make an effort to get along with boys: they were trouble makers.

 

 

After a good 15 minutes, the three students had finally cleaned all the paint off the floor. Yejin let out an exhausted sigh as she swung her backpack onto her right shoulder and headed to the door. *What a morning…* she thought.

 

 

“Yejin!” she heard Jungkook and Taehyung call out behind her. The girl turned around and saw the boys heading toward her.

 

 

“Yeah-?” she replied when suddenly, the two boys had enclosed her in a hug, sandwiching her in between them.

 

 

“Thanks a lot!” they shouted before releasing the hug and walking out the door. Yejin stood frozen for a few seconds before she came back to reality and headed to her next class.

 

 

*Dafuq was that?!*

 

 

A/N: And so I present chapter 2! Tah-dah~~

What do you guys think? Leave comments please? *puppy eyes*