Announcement

The Atypical One

“You know, this isn’t really fair,” Jungkook suddenly said, causing Yejin to look up from her practice problem.

 

 

“What’s not fair?” she asked.

 

 

“All of this. I’m helping you get an A on your test for free… what benefit am I getting out of this?” Jungkook pouted.

 

 

The girl scoffed. “What, so you think I enjoy these tutor sessions? This is almost like torture for me too y’know.”

 

 

“But still~” Jungkook whined.

 

 

Yejin made a disgusted face at his attempt to be cute. “Fine, what do you want, weirdo?”

 

 

Jungkook pretended to be contemplating his options but he actually knew what he wanted from her. “Hmm… I want… a hug,” he finally said, half expecting her to smack him on the head.

 

 

“Okay,” Yejin responded without missing a beat and shrugged before returning to her set of practice problems.

 

 

“Really?” Jungkook asked in disbelief.

 

 

“Uh… yeah. It’s a hug. Have you not hugged anyone before?” Yejin halfheartedly teased as she worked out the equation in front of her.

 

 

“U-uhm… ok then… a hug it is,” Jungkook confirmed, a smile slowly forming on his lips.

 

 

“Anyways, this test is tomorrow and you’re only getting a hug if I get an A on it so don’t get too excited,” Yejin smirked. She glanced up for a brief second to see Jungkook pouting. *Cute,* Yejin thought.

 


 

 

“OOF!” Jungkook winced in pain as he was tackled to the ground. He looked behind him to see his attacker. “What was that for?!” he demanded.

 

 

Yejin gleefully laughed as she shook a paper in front of his face. Jungkook squinted his eyes before he saw a big red ‘A+’ on what was labeled ‘Math Test.’

 

 

“Oh hey, good job!” Jungkook congratulated Yejin. The two were on their way to tech class when Yejin had spotted the boy in the hall, and decided to approach him. Well… tackle him. Same thing.

 

 

“Thanks! I now get straight A’s this quarter!” the girl said proudly.

 

 

“Heh heh… so… do I get my hug now?” Jungkook asked bashfully.

 

 

Yejin turned to him and blinked. “You already got it.”

 

 

“Whut. When- You mean the tackle just now?? Yejin, you almost broke my hip!” Jungkook exclaimed.

 

 

The girl shrugged. “You never said how I had to hug you. So a tackle hug from behind it was,” she simply replied before heading into the classroom.

 

 

Jungkook had a blank look on his face as he followed her into tech. “I should’ve known better…” he sighed.

 


 

 

Students were now in their last class of the day. The kids started filing into the gym, and curiosity arose when they were told to stay seated on the bleachers instead of heading to the locker rooms to change.

 

 

“Everyone, may I have your attention!” Mr. Lim boomed with the loud voice of his. “I will now be handing out information packets on the yearly winter field trip. This year, we’ll be heading to a ski resort for 3 days and two nights.”

 

 

At this, all the kids started chattering enthusiastically with one another. Boys started hollering and girls began squealing with excitement. Yejin, who was sitting alone towards the edge of the bleachers, also had a smile on her face. She was looking forward to this field trip because their school always had the best activities planned. *If only my friends were here with me right now,* she thought regretfully. She would surely call them later to talk about the good news.

 

 

BTS themselves were also feeling hyped. They chatted to one another about the fun memories they shared during previous years at these winter field trips. Taehyung laughed at something one of his hyungs said when his gaze fell down to where Yejin was sitting, quietly looking at the information packet. *I hope Yejin is going…* he thought.

 

 

Yejin scanned the basic facts. *Students may choose their roommates… YESSSS Ahjung and Kayeon! DUH~ OMG we get to ski together from morning till night. This is going to be so much fun! We’re going to go everywhere together- WAIT… WHAT!?!?! WE HAVE TO TRAVEL IN ASSIGNED GROUPS?! DAFUQ IS DIS? And each group will be divided by students’ gym classes- NOOOOOOO NO NO NOOO. THIS IS SO STUPID. WE GET TO CHOOSE OUR ROOMMATES BUT NOT THE GROUP WE HANG OUT WITH DURING THE DAY?! OMF- WHYYY. For safety reasons- SAFETY REASONS MY . I’LL PROBABLY END UP THROWING MYSELF OFF A CLIFF WITHOUT MY FRIENDS. ASDFGHJKL SO. FREAKING. UNFAIR!!!!*

 

 

Jungkook turned his head and raised an eyebrow when he saw Yejin angrily throw her information packet into the air.  He chuckled when he saw the girl step on the stapled packet, huff angrily, and then slowly pick up the papers to shake off the dust on it.

 

 

“Yejin,” Jungkook called out.

 

 

The girl looked up, meeting eyes with the person who had called her name. “What?” she replied.

 

 

“Are you going?” he asked. By now, the rest of BTS was looking at the girl as well, waiting for her reply.

 

 

Yejin uncomfortably shifted in her seat, not used to so many guys having their attention fixed on her at once. “Uhm… yeah, I guess…” she said.

 

 

“Good,” Jimin nodded, satisfied. “I’ll get to finally beat you at something… skiing and snowboarding.”

 

 

Yejin rolled her eyes. “Whatever, I bet you’ll be too scared of the steep slopes. Don’t you remember the drop on the roller coaster?” the girl taunted with a smirk. Jimin scowled but did not reply with a comeback, as he was blushing with embarrassment.

 

 

“Yah! Will you let that go already?” Jimin pleaded.

 

 

“Not as long as I live,” Yejin sang and laughed.

 

 

For the rest of class, Mr. Lim explained the basic facts about the field trip, which would take place in two weeks. After that, the students were dismissed for the end of the day.

 

 

Yejin immediately ran to her friends when she saw them outside. “Guys~~~~ did you get the information packet about the trip?”

 

 

“Yeah! The three of us are totally rooming together,” Ahjung excitedly proclaimed and Kayeon nodded in agreement.

 

 

“Well of course but did you guys know that we have to travel in groups during the trip? And each group is based on people you see in gym class. UGH. That means I’ll have like… NO FRIENDS. NIL. NADA!” Yejin complained, glad to finally let her anger off her chest.

 

 

“Really? That ! Well… for you it does. Ahjung and I have gym together,” Kayeon said and Yejin groaned.

 

 

“I’m so done. I’m not going on this trip anymore!” Yejin said and lifted up her packet to rip it in half.

 

 

“Nononono! We’ll make it up with the rooming part. Just please go Yejin! For us~” Ahjung gave her friend puppy eyes and stopped the girl’s hands from tearing apart the papers.

 

 

Yejin hesitated and sighed before finally admitting defeat. “Fine. But you guys better let me choose the first bed. AND you guys have to be the best roommies ever.”

 

 

“It’s a done deal,” Kayeon immediately agreed and Ahjung pinky promised Yejin.

 

 

The girl smiled, feeling better now that her friends were there to comfort her. However, Yejin still couldn’t rid herself of the feeling that something bad was going to happen. She waved goodbye to her best friends before walking in the direction of her home. “I guess we’ll find out,” she sighed.

 

 

 

A/N: Bruh. School is doing the most. I'm always tired nowadays. BUT! I still updated tonight just for you guys XD

Thanks to all my new subbies! Please leave comments c: pwetty pwease.

What do you guys think is going to happen on the field trip? Any guesses? :P