Drunk in... a Bar

The Atypical One

“Yejin-ah~ Umma and appa are going to stay at your grandparent’s house for the weekend because halmeoni isn’t feeling too well, alright? We’ll be back home Monday evening,” the girl’s parents informed on a Saturday afternoon.

 

 

“Mmkay! Tell halmeoni that I hope she feels better and that I’ll visit as well when I’m not too busy with school,” she relayed the message to her parents before closing the door for them.

 

 

Ever since the talent show, Yejin had been keeping a certain distance from the BTS boys. Not because she was too shy to approach them. Heck no. Yejin told herself to stay away from “weird” boys like them or else she’d be in trouble. *Omf- they probably do bad things like… like… stealing little kids’ bikes during their free time,* she thought once.

 

 

If only she know… the boys were wilder than she thought.

 

 


 

 

It was a Sunday night and the weekend was coming to an end. Yejin had just gotten home from work 2 hours ago, where the little kids had absolutely worn her out. She had tried to avoid talking to Taehyung and Jungkook as much as possible in fear that they would kidnap her or something.

 

 

The girl yawned as she struggled to keep her eyes open. “Must. Finish. Calculus. Studying,” she proclaimed in a hoarse voice.

 

 

*DON’T DROP THAT THUN THUN THUN (AYE) DON’T DROP THAT THUN THUN THUN-*

 

 

Yejin’s eyes suddenly shot open as her cellphone rang loudly. *It’s probably umma and appa checking on me to see if I’m ok,* she thought.

 

 

However, when she checked caller ID, an unknown number was displayed on the screen. Yejin tilted her head to the side. *Who could be calling me this late?* the girl pondered in her mind, feeling wide awake all of a sudden. After a few seconds of debating whether or not she should answer the call, she did. After all, it could be one of her friends or family calling from a different phone.

 

 

“Hello?” Yejin answered tentatively. The girl heard extremely loud noises in the background. *What the-?*

 

 

“Hi, is this Lee Yejin?” a male voice which she did not recognize asked on the other end.

 

 

The girl immediately tensed up. *HOW. DAFUQ. DOES DIS GUY KNOW MY NAME? SHIET. I’M HOME ALONE. IT’S LATE AND DARK. AND HE’S A GUY. AM I GOING TO DIE TONIGHT?!* the girl mentally freaked out. But in reality, she stuttered, “Y-yes, and who may this be?”

 

 

“Hi, I’m just a random person calling from your friend’s phone. This number was the first one I saw in Contacts so I decided to call it. I wanted to ask you to come pick up your group of friends. They’re not really… in a good condition,” the anonymous male explained.

 

 

Yejin gasped. “My friends?! They’re in trouble?? Where are they?”

 

 

“Miss, I’ll send you the address of this place through a text message. Please come as soon as you can, thanks,” the guy said before hanging up. Moments later, Yejin received a text message with an address on it.

 

 

Yejin’s first thought was to run out and save her friends. But being the smart girl she was, she took her time to think things out. “Wait. My group of friends? First of all, if this random dude was calling from ‘my friend’s’ phone, then why didn’t caller ID recognize them? And secondly, my ‘group of friends’ aren’t the type of people to be in trouble this late at night the day before school…” Yejin reasoned out loud. “Yeah, this dude probably had the wrong number,” she brushed it off.

 

 

And just like that, Yejin turned back to her math notebook and looked at more problems. However, something was just tugging at her heart. She could not focus on what was in front of her.

 

 

“But the guy knew my name AND number! Which means the person’s phone he called from actually knows me… And what if those people get hurt because I didn’t come for them??” the girl threw her hands up in the air. “That’s it, I’m going out,” she finally decided and grabbed her jacket.

 

 

The young girl hailed a taxi and gave the driver the address on her phone. *Gosh, this better not be some prank… or even worse, a trying to kidnap me,* the girl fearfully thought.

 

 

When Yejin looked up and saw the destination, she was close to calling the taxi cab back and asking the driver to take her right back home without even doing a double take at the building.

 

 

*A BAR?! ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME?! A BAR?!?!?!!?* the girl stood frozen in front of the place with agape.

 

 

*That’s it. This trip is OVER. I’m going back home! I ain’t getting killed. Nope, not tonight,* the girl resolved. Unfortunately, when Yejin turned to where the cab was, she noticed that it had already driven away.

 

 

The girl gulped as she realized she had no choice but to finish what she started. She mentally recited a short prayer she had memorized as a little child in Sunday school. However, Yejin was having second (or more like fifth) thoughts about going through with this when she saw the bouncer in front of the bar doors. He was a big muscular man with strange tattoos running down his arm. He looked at Yejin with an eyebrow raised when she approached the door.

 

 

“ID?” he said simply.

 

 

“Uh… what?” the girl replied, and them remembered where she was. “Oh! Well, you see, I’m not here to actually… y’know… turn up or anything. I just- Someone called me to pick them up. Apparently they’re ‘not feeling well’ or something,” Yejin explained quickly while using her fingers as air quotes. She let out a nervous laugh, and then gulped.

 

 

The bouncer considered the girl’s personality and took one look at her clothes – which consisted of gray sweatpants, black converse, and a white hoodie – and decided she wouldn’t be doing anything illegal. “Alright, make it quick,” he jabbed his thumb into the door, and Yejin took that as an indicator saying, “You shall pass.” The girl quickly bowed 90 degrees and wordlessly entered the doors.

 

 

As soon as she entered the bar, Yejin recognized the loud nameless melody and beat playing in the background. *At least I’m at the right place,* the girl thought as she stood near the entrance awkwardly. People around her didn’t even take notice of the girl as they continued drinking whatever alcoholic drinks they were consuming.

 

 

“Excuse me, are you Lee Yejin?” a voice behind her suddenly started and Yejin whirled around to come to face with a short man in his mid-thirties.

 

 

“Yeah, are you the person who called me?”

 

 

“Yes, please follow me,” the man instructed before leaving to a place towards the back of the bar.

 

 

Yejin took large strides to keep up and prepared herself to scream as loud as she could in case the man led her anywhere weird.

 

 

“Here are your friends,” the man said simply, pointing to a large booth, before leaving and giving Yejin the task to do whatever she must do. Yejin bowed slightly at the man in thanks before turning to analyze the scene in front of her.

 

 

And. My. Oh. My. Did Yejin want to scream. Not in horror because of rapists or anything like that. But in anger because there they were.

 

 

BTS was scattered all over the booth, drunk out of their minds.

 

 

Yejin could not believe this was happening. *You’ve got to be kidding me. No like for real. I probably fell asleep while doing my Calculus studying and this is a dream.*

 

 

But as the girl tried pinching her own arm and even slapping her two cheeks, she could not deny that this in fact, was reality. *I’m going to kill them. I’m so serious. Jail, here I come,* the girl prepared herself for jail food.

 

 

Yejin tentatively nudged the closest person to her, which happened to be Min Yoongi. He was lying on the ground with his eyes closed. *He’s not dead, is he?* the girl wondered. “Yah,” Yejin said as she pushed his shoulder. No response.

 

 

The girl sighed and moved onto the next person. “Park Jimin? Earth to Park Jimin,” Yejin called as she poked the boy’s shoulder as well. Just when Yejin thought her attempt to wake him up would be hopeless, Jimin jolted awake and grabbed the girl. Yejin yelped in surprise as she stared at the boy with wide eyes. “H-hey! Are you awake?” she asked.

 

 

However, the boy only wrapped Yejin into a messy hug as he closed his eyes again. “Come… to… oppaaa,” the boy slurred as he tried to give Yejin a kiss.

 

 

“EWWW!!!” Yejin yelled as she pushed against the drunk Jimin with all her might. However, the boy kept trying to lean his face in. “Get. Away. From me!” she said with one last shove, which successfully pushed the boy back to the ground. “Ugh! You reek of alcohol!” the girl exclaimed even though Jimin was not even fully conscious.

 

 

“Yejin?” a voice called near her and she looked up to see Namjoon.

 

 

“Ohmygosh please tell me you’re sober,” Yejin looked at Namjoon with a hopeful face. However, her face fell when she noticed even he was still slightly drunk. Although he was awake, Yejin could tell he was far from normal. The girl sighed. “Sunbae, how are you guys going to get home? None of you are in a condition where you guys can drive…” Yejin frowned. Namjoon mumbled something and Yejin leaned in to hear clearly. “What was that?” she asked when the drunken senior suddenly pulled something out of his pocket and dropped it on the table of the booth. Car keys.

 

 

Yejin raised an eyebrow. “You guys came here in a car?” she wondered. The girl suddenly had an idea. She took the keys from the table and ran out to the parking lot, clicking the unlock button of the key. A large black van that could fit up to 8 people lit up at the headlights and Yejin mentally thanked the heavens that she had her driver’s license. *Nice! I can just get them in the car and drive them home!* she thought with hope inside of her.

 

 

Little did she know, the struggle with these boys were absolutely real.

 

 

A/N: Thank heavens it's the weekend! I hope the wait for this chapter wasn't too long ^^;

I always try to update at least twice a week so that you guys don't forget about me. LOL XD

Oh and for those of you who don't get the reference of the title, Beyonce released a song titled Drunk in Love but I twisted it up so that it fits this scenario XD