Lotte World Pt. 2

The Atypical One

“We’re playing this,” Yejin declared to the group as she pointed at a booth.

 

 

Jimin snorted. “What are you? A little kid?”

 

 

“Says the person who almost peed his pants after riding a roller coaster,” Yejin shot back smugly and Jimin turned red.

 

 

The rest of BTS laughed at Yejin’s comeback and patted Jimin comfortingly on the back.

 

 

“Ahjusshi! I would like to play this game,” Yejin approached the man running the game.

 

 

The man smiled at her. “Sure! That’d be 1000 won per person. You’ll need at least two other people to play against you though.”

 

 

Yejin turned back to the group and looked at them, waiting. Jungkook and Hoseok volunteered to play with Yejin and paid for the three of them. “Yess!” the girl pumped a fist into the air as she took a seat in front of the first water gun. The objective of the game was to shoot the water gun from a certain distance into the target. Every time the water stream hit the target, the red meter would slowly climb to the top. The winner is whoever’s meter reaches the top first.

 

 

Although Yejin was in no way athletic, she was good at things like this, where focus and aim was all that was needed. “You guys are going down,” Yejin said. The two boys gave her a skeptical look.

 

 

*DING!* The bell that signaled the start of the game rang loudly and the three players immediately pressed on their water gun. A strong stream of water ejected from each machine. *Don’t look at the meter. Keep your eyes on the target only. Stay focused,* Yejin chanted to herself mentally as she gave all her attention to keeping her stream of water on the bulls eye of her target.

 

 

*WE HAVE A WINNER!* said an automated voice and Yejin’s eyes darted up to the meters above the players’ heads. She lit up when she saw that her meter was lighted up in a bright green color, declaring her as the winner of the round. “YAYYY I WON! I WON!” she cheered. The members of BTS’ jaws dropped.

 

 

“Choose any prize you want,” the man said with a smile. Yejin looked at the huge selection of plushies behind him before choosing a giant blue penguin. The girl squealed with glee as she hugged her ginormous penguin.

 

 

“No way. I bet I can beat you,” Jimin challenged and Yejin raised an eyebrow.

 

 

“Wanna find out?” Yejin pushed but by that time, Jimin was already handing 3000 won to the ahjusshi. Jin decided to play with the two. “Hold my penguin,” Yejin put her prize in Taehyung’s arms before rolling up her sleeves.

 

 

Yejin easily won again and chose a big green turtle. Even then, other members wanted to challenge her as well. She won every round and walked away with a total of five giant plushies.

 

 

“Wow, you have a zoo of your own now,” the ahjusshi chuckled as Yejin struggled to hold all of her prizes.

 

 

“What can I do? My opponents are just too… weak,” Yejin laughed and BTS only shook their heads.

 

 

The group thanked the man before walking away. “Darn, I didn’t know Yejin would be so good at this,” Jin muttered. BTS nodded their heads in agreement while Yejin talked to her new friends.

 

 

“I’ll name you Yumi because that sounds like a good name for a bunny. And you can be called… Jjangi! Hehe.” The girl was obviously having the time of her life. Suddenly she stopped in her tracks. “Hey!! We should take some pictures!” she spoke as she walked towards a photo booth. BTS followed after her.

 

 

“Uh how are we all going to fit in there?” Namjoon asked.

 

 

“We can’t. You guys are too fat… Duh,” the girl bluntly stated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Jimin pretended to give her an offended look.

 

 

“We can take turns, guys! It says each payment gives you four photos,” Jin stated because he was the logical one in the group.

 

 

Yejin shrugged. “Okay, sounds good to me.”

 

 

“We should split it up so that all of us get a picture with Yejin because today is her day,” Namjoon reminded and Yejin felt her left eye twitch.

 

 

The first photo included Yoongi, Yejin, and all her new stuffed animals. “They’re a part of this group now too!” she had insisted when BTS asked her if that was really necessary. When the camera snapped a picture of them, the photo consisted of a happy-looking Yejin, who was surrounded by all her furry friends and Yoongi, who had a shoot-me-now face.

 

Namjoon and Jin had offered to be in the second picture with Yejin. “Let’s do silly faces!” Yejin suggested as she settled herself into the middle seat. As the countdown to taking the picture began, the three of them made their silliest expression and held it. But as they saw their reflections on the monitor in front of them, their own facial expressions were too funny to handle so they all burst out laughing. The camera caught a picture of them all laughing together instead.

 

 

Jimin and Hoseok were next. Due to their clashing personalities, Yejin and the two boys started arguing as soon as they were all in the booth.

 

 

“Oh my gawsh, move over a bit! I can literally feel the blood circulation in my body cutting off,” Yejin nagged Jimin, who was already squished to the far end of the seat.

 

 

“Well maybe if you were smaller, then that wouldn’t be a problem,” he shot back.

 

 

“WHAT!? Did you just call me fat?!” Yejin shouted. The members outside the photo booth looked at each other silently. They could hear all the yelling from behind the thin curtain.

 

 

“YAH! Will you guys pay attention?! The photo is about to be-“ Hoseok was cut off with a loud *click!*

 

 

Too late. The photo was already taken. And it had captured the three of them yelling and giving each other annoyed looks.

 

 

“Ugh! Way to ruin the photo guys!” Yejin shook her head.

 

 

“Uhm, it was your fault Miss Sass,” Jimin argued back as the two boys left the photo booth.

 

 

Jungkook and Taehyung peeked inside the curtain. “We’re the last picture,” Jungkook stated.

 

 

Yejin sighed dramatically. “Thank GOODNESS! I hate small spaces,” she grumbled as the two boys settled by her side. “By the way, we have to look good in this picture. I’d like to actually walk away with at least ONE decent picture, kay?” she told the boys.

 

 

“So should we do a group hug?” Taehyung asked enthusiastically.

 

 

Yejin gave him a what-the-fuq face. “Are you crazy? Of course not.”

 

 

As the camera started its countdown, Yejin quickly checked the monitor that showed their reflections and fixed her hair. She looked straight into the camera and flashed a picture-perfect smile, head tilted slightly to the side. Taehyung and Jungkook looked at each other for a brief second before nodding at each other. They each put one arm over Yejin’s head, creating a heart shape over the girl. Yejin, who was too busy looking into the camera, did not notice. When she finally heard the click and looked down at the monitor to check out the picture, she gave the boys a deadpan look.

 

 

“Why am I not surprised?” she asked as she walked out of the photo booth and finally let out a big stretch. She collected the glossy picture strip from the little slot outside the machine and took a look at it. She chuckled as she saw how each picture had flaws, but depicted her relationship with BTS so well. The girl carefully placed the picture into the pocket of her hoodie, making sure it doesn’t get crinkled before heading back to the boys and collecting all her plushies. “Let’s go,” she said and the group resumed to the busy parts of the park once again.

 

 

They rode a couple of other rides until they were all starving. For dinner, they shared a few boxes of large pizzas at a pizzeria until they all felt like their stomach was going to explode. “Ugh, I can’t even. Can someone tell me what time it is?” Yejin inquired to the group.

 

 

“It’s almost 8pm,” Yoongi answered.

 

 

“We should start getting ready to go home now… it takes more than an hour to get back and we promised Yejin’s parents we’d bring her home by 10,” Namjoon reminded everyone.

 

 

“Wait, can we watch the fireworks before we go? I think they're about to start it and it’s not far from here,” Taehyung requested.

 

 

The members looked at Yejin for approval and she shrugged. “Sure, why not?”

 

 

So the group headed to the large field next to the restaurant, where the park was holding a special fireworks show for the Chuseok holiday. They found an empty patch of grass within the crowd that was already waiting and settled themselves down. A young man selling cotton candy walked around the field, advertising his item. Jin approached the worker and bought a few.

 

 

When Yejin looked up and saw him coming back with the treats, she beamed. “YASSS you da real mvp!” she thanked Jin as he gave her a pink cotton candy.

 

 

They chattered as they ate their desserts and waited for the fireworks to start. The crowd was slowly getting larger and there was music playing in the background. Yejin laughed at a joke Namjoon was telling.

 

 

“Yejin, can I have a piece of your cotton candy?” Jimin next to her suddenly asked.

 

 

“Uh, no you already ate yours,” Yejin replied but before she could move away, Jimin stole a piece of her cotton candy. “Noooo!! That was mine!! You STOLE it!” Yejin shouted, causing people around them to look at her.

 

 

Jimin gave her an evil smile as he stuck the candy into his mouth. “YAH-!” Yejin was prepared to attack the boy when suddenly, a loud POP was heard. Everyone immediately looked up to the sky as they saw the first firework burst in the air. Following were more fireworks with varying shapes and colors. Children shrieked with glee as adults ooh-ed and ahh-ed at the beautiful scene.

 

A gold firework in the shape of a waterfall trickled and disappeared in the sky. “I LIKE THAT ONE!” Yejin announced loudly and the people around her nodded in agreement. Everyone’s faces was lit up by the bright fireworks show and after a few minutes, the park announced the finale of the show. The last fireworks were the largest of them all, not to mention brightest. The very last firework was a big red one in the shape of a heart and everyone on the field clapped and cheered at the sight.

 

 

Once the show had ended, the audience slowly started packing up while happily chatting with one another. BTS and Yejin started heading out of the park and into the parking lot.

 

 

“Yejin, did you have fun today?” Jin asked.

 

 

“She better have. Or else all our money and time went to waste,” Yoongi butted in.

 

 

Yejin scowled at this remark but then answered the question with a smile. “I actually had a blast today. Thanks guys.”

 

 

Everyone piled into the black van and headed home in a good mood. The boys blasted hip hop songs in the car and sang along loudly. Yejin laughed at the unsynchronized voices that tried to keep up with the speed of the raps. She even heard lyrics that were way off. *You guys will never change,* Yejin thought with a smile.

 

 

A/N: OK so let me explain. I actually had this chapter typed and ready DAYS ago. But stupid Google Chrome decided to fail on me entirely. You know what that means? That's right. No laptop with internet for THREE full days.

I was literally steaming with anger and I was so close to throwing my laptop out the window.

But. Being the reasonable person I am (most of the time), I just decided to download a different web browser.

So this is me literally 10 minutes after I downloaded Firefox. The very first thing I did when I had internet again was update my story. That's how much I love you all ;-;

So where does this all lead to...? LEAVE. COMMENTS. PLEASEEEEE. Lolol thank you everyone <3