What happens in Tech class

The Atypical One

The next morning during Tech class, Mr. Oh assigned the class their very first assignment.

 

 

“Together with your group, you will create a 3 dimensional model of a house that would be eco-friendly in the following areas…” and as he explained, Mr. Oh passed out a rubric that each table would refer to as they built their house.

 

 

Yejin studied the rubric and looked up at her partners. “So how do we want to split this up? Should we each be in charge of building one floor and then connect the pieces together at the end?” she suggested. When the boys gave a nod of approval, Yejin continued, “Fine. I’ll do the top floor with the bedrooms. The two of you can choose who does the basement and who does the middle floor.” And with that, the three students got to work. Taehyung had chosen to build the basement while Jungkook built the middle floor.

 

 

It wasn’t long until Yejin heard a surprised yell from Taehyung’s side of their work area. Before she even turned around to see what the commotion was about, Yejin sighed and looked to the heavens. *Why me?* she thought before she finally looked over at Taehyung and evaluated the situation.

 

 

“What did you do now- OH MY GOSH ARE YOU STUPID?!” Yejin shrieked. The girl had noticed a bottle that was labeled “SUPER GLUE” which was tipped to the side with some of the adhesive liquid on Taehyung’s left hand.

 

 

“Oh no! My fingers are stuck together…” Taehyung stated the obvious, causing Yejin and Jungkook to roll their eyes.

 

 

“Why in the world would you touch-“ Yejin decided that it was pointless to try and understand what was going through Taehyung’s mind so instead, she rushed to the classroom’s sink and soaked a bunch of paper towel in the hottest water possible. “Ouch!” she hissed when the steamy water touched her skin. Nonetheless, Yejin kept her hand under the water until the bundle of paper towel was fully wet. Then she ran back to Taehyung with the hot rags. She immediately took Taehyung’s hand in her own and pressed his palm into the hot paper towel. Taehyung looked down at the girl in surprise.

 

 

“Wait what are you doing??” he asked, confused as to what Yejin was doing.

 

 

Yejin looked up at Taehyung and gave him an unamused look. “No but for real… are you dumb?”

 

 

“Huh?” Taeyhung replied and Yejin just shook her head. She looked back down at their hands to check what had happened to the glue on Taehyung’s hand.

 

 

Luckily, Yejin was just in time. The glue that had stuck Taehyung’s fingers together was slowly becoming liquid again and Yejin ordered Taehyung to quickly wipe it off.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jungkook who had watched the whole scene from the side noticed Yejin’s red hands. “Hey why are your hands red?” he asked.

 

 

Yejin looked at her hands and realized she had slightly burned them from keeping them under hot water for too long. It stung when she tried to move her hands but she shrugged. “It’ll cool off eventually, I guess,” she dismissed and went back to her work station. Jungkook shook his head and lightly shoved her to the side.

 

 

“Go put your hands in cold water or something. I’ll finish your part for you. I’m done with mine anyway,” Jungkook said.

 

 

Yejin looked up at the boy, surprised. “What? No way! I’m almost done. I’ll handle it,” she declared and tried shoving Jungkook away from her project.

 

 

“No, really, I can help-“ Jungkook was cut off by Yejin.

 

 

“You won’t be able to finish it as pretty as I want it. Just look at your part,” she teased and stuck her tongue out before finally pushing Jungkook away. The boy only sighed and shook his head in defeat.

 

 

*What a stubborn girl,* he thought. “Yah Kim Taehyung! No more super glue for you!” Jungkook snatched away whatever super glue was left from his friend.

 

 

“Nooo I need it though!” Taehyung whined, but Jungkook only shook his head. Taehyung sighed and pouted.

 

 

“Thanks, Yejin, for helping me though!” Taehyung smiled and gave the girl a back hug.

 

 

Yejin immediately stiffened and said, “You have three seconds to get off. 3…2…”

 

 

Taehyung hurriedly let go of the hug as if he was going to be electrocuted if he didn’t let go in time.

 

 

Yejin sighed. “Just be careful next time and don’t be an idiot,” she warned, still uncomfortable from the sudden back hug.

 

 

*Sheesh, what a meanie,* Taehyung thought and stuck out his lower lip.

 

 

Right before the bell rang to dismiss class, the three students put together their three floors and turned it in to Mr. Oh. The teacher glanced at their project and gave a nod of approval. "Nice work, table 4."

 

 

Yejin beamed and silently clapped to herself. The boys, surprised to see her genuinely happy for the first time, just stared at her. When the girl noticed the two guys staring at her with a blank expression, her smile disappeared. "Just take a picture of my face, will you? Trust me, it'll last longer," she smirked before giving a dramatic hair flip and walking away.