Ski Resort

The Atypical One

“Wow! Fantastic baby~ DANCE. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! I WANNA DANCE DANCE DANCE DA-DANCE. FANTASTIC BABY~!”

 

 

Yejin, Ahjung, and Kayeon were on a high. They were all in the car together, heading to school for the winter field trip. Mr. Lee, who was driving the girls, wasn’t exactly having the time of his life.

 

 

“Are you girls really that excited?” he asked with an eyebrow raised.

 

 

Yejin rolled her eyes. “Dad, this is my first time going to a ski resort. Ever. And I’m going with my friends. OF COURSE I’M EXCITED!”

 

 

Ahjung laughed and nodded in agreement. “I know right?? And we’re going to room together!!! AHHHH!”

 

 

The two girls fangirled together and Mr. Lee chuckled at their friendship, amused at how they haven’t changed one bit over the years.

 

 

Yejin’s dad was pulling into the school’s parking lot now. “Alright then, you girls have fun. Remember to stay safe! Don’t forget to always keep warm. I don’t want you guys coming back home with a cold or anything.”

 

 

Yejin gave her dad a quick hug. “Dad, we’ll be fine! You worry too much,” she joked before jumping out of the car and opening the trunk to take out her suitcase.

 

 

“Thank you for the ride Mr. Lee! See you in three days,” Kayeon said politely with a bow before helping Yejin with the luggage.

 

 

“Thank you!” Ahjung chimed in before leaving the car as well and fetching her bag.

 

 

“Let’s do this,” Yejin said in a mission-impossible tone as she pretended to take off her imaginary sunglasses. Kayeon laughed and rolled her eyes as she watched Ahjung follow Yejin in a confident strut.

 

 

The girls saw some of their other friends and they all chattered excitedly while loading their luggage onto the large bus that would be taking all the students. As the girls boarded the vehicle, Yejin spotted BTS all sitting together in the back. She glowered at them, as if staring intensely at the boys would somehow make them disappear or something.

 

 

“Hmph!” Yejin exclaimed as she plopped herself down in a seat towards the very front of the bus.

 

 

Kayeon blinked. “Uh, Yejin don’t you want to sit in the back? Where all the cool kids sit?” she joked.

 

 

“No! I’m sitting right here. In the front,” she declared defiantly, causing her friends to give each other questioning looks.

 

 

Nonetheless, they shrugged and sat around Yejin, going back to their normal chattering.

 

 

*No way I’m letting them ruin this trip! Nope. I’m staying as faaaaar away from them as possible!* Yejin thought with a smirk. Her smirk slowly turned into a frown when she remembered that she was assigned in a group with them for the entire trip. Ahjung, who was Yejin’s seat buddy noticed her friend’s behavior and looked at her worriedly.

 

 

“Hey, is something bothering you?” she asked quietly.

 

 

Yejin suddenly snapped out of her thought. “Huh? Oh no! I’m good! So excited for this trip!” she exclaimed with a smile. Ahjung smiled back and started a conversation with her about all the fun things they would do together on the trip.

 


 

 

“I call this bed!!!!” Yejin shouted as she immediately threw herself onto one of the beds in their room. As soon as the school had arrived to the ski resort, they started their trip by getting their room keys and unpacking.

 

 

“Aww no fair! You get the biggest one~” Ahjung pouted. The room was set up so that there was one set of bunk bed and a regular full sized bed. Yejin, of course, had chosen the full sized one.

 

 

“But we promised her we’d let her choose first, remember?” Kayeon reminded and Ahjung nodded.

 

 

Yejin smirked. “This is payback for all the times you guys will have fun together without me!” she childishly stuck out her tongue, causing her friends to laugh. “Anyway, what’s on the schedule after unpacking?”

 

 

“It’s lunch. And then after that, we go get our training on how to ski,” Kayeon informed while looking at the paper schedule in front of her.

 

 

“YASSSS I’m so freaking hungry,” Yejin beamed.

 

 

“And it’s with our assigned groups,” Kayeon added, wiping the smile off Yejin’s face.

 

 

“UGH I HATE MY LIFE!” Yejin dramtically threw herself on the bed again.

 

 

“No you don’t,” Ahjung said, shaking her head.

 

 

“You have no clue,” Yejin sighed.

 

 

During lunch, Yejin sat near some of the girls in her gym class but she didn’t say much. If she had tried, Yejin would probably have been able to befriend the girls easily but she wasn’t in the mood. She missed her friends already and just wished that she could spend this vacation with them. Yejin and her friends shared pouty faces across the room during lunch, mouthing comments like ‘I miss you.’

 

 

After eating, each group went to their separate hills on the resort to get the basic training required to ski. Yejin was absolutely delighted. She loved trying new things and didn’t have a fear of the typical “heights, darkness, etc.”

 

 

As Yejin’s assigned group stood with anticipation at their training location, the students saw a young women approach them. She looked as if she was in college and her pretty looks got the boys talking.

 

 

“Hi guys! My name is Jisun and I’ll be your instructor for today,” she introduced herself with a dashing smile. One of the boys in the group whistled, causing everyone to laugh.

 

 

Jisun made sure to give a step-by-step of how to ski down a slope before she started 1:1 instructions with individuals.

 

 

“So you want to bend your knees at this angle…” she explained to a student.

 

 

“Hyung, isn’t she cute?” Jimin asked Namjoon, who simply nodded. “I bet I can make her fall for me~” Jimin confidently said.

 

 

Yejin, who had overheard this comment mentally barfed and rolled her eyes. *Players gon’ play,* she thought. Then, Yejin thought of an idea, an evil smile forming on her lips.

 

 

When Jisun approached Jimin for her turn to teach him individually, Jimin gave the instructor a smile. Yejin saw Jisun blush. “Are you getting tired?” Jimin asked Jisun.

 

 

“Huh? Tired?” Jisun asked with a confused look.

 

 

“Yeah, from running through my mind all day,” Jimin replied, adding a wink. “My name is Jimin, but you can call me yours.”

 

 

Yejin immediately covered to cover a laugh that would otherwise have been extremely loud. *Oh lawd. Did he really just use that pick up line on a person he just met? I can’t even… I’m crying,* Yejin thought. She felt kinda sorry for what she was about to do but she just couldn’t help it. It was too entertaining for Yejin to embarrass Jimin, especially after all the trouble he’s caused her.

 

 

So when Jisun asked Jimin if he was ready to try going down the slope and Jimin nodded, Yejin shouted from behind the two, “HWAITING PARK JIMIN. I BELIEVE THAT YOU WON’T PEE YOURSELF THIS TIME!”

 

 

Jimin whipped his head back with wide eyes to see who had made the comment, and when he saw that it was Yejin, he gave her a death glare. Jisun was holding back a laugh as she slowly stepped away from Jimin and went on to help out another student.

 

 

Jimin mouthed to Yejin, ‘I’ll deal with you later,' before he pushed himself off the slope and headed down.

 

 

“Oops~” Yejin shrugged and giggled to herself.

 

 

Yejin suddenly felt something fuzzy and warm on her ears. She slightly jumped and turned around to see Jungkook. She gave him a questioning look. “What are you doing?” she asked him, feeling what the furry thing on her head was.

 

 

“Earmuffs,” Jungkook replied. “You know, to keep your ears warm.”

 

 

Yejin looked at him with an eyebrow raised. “Where did you get earmuffs? Are these yours?”

 

 

“No, I saw them at a gift shop where we ate lunch so I bought one. You didn’t bring one, did you?” he asked.

 

 

“No… thanks though,” Yejin said softly, surprised at Jungkook’s sudden kind actions.

 

 

Jungkook looked at the girl, who now had a huge pair of white earmuffs on her head. He chuckled and muttered, “You look cute.”

 

 

“What did you say?” Yejin asked, adjusting the furry material on her head. “Sorry, I couldn’t hear you clearly because of the earmuffs.”

 

 

The boy just shook his head and pat Yejin’s head. “Nothing~ I said nothing,” he replied before walking back to his group of friends.

 

 

 

A/N: GUYS GUYS GUYS. OMG I HAVE EXACTLY 100 SUBBIES! AHHHH THANK YOU GUYS SOO MUCH T.T

I never knew anyone would even read my story so the fact that there are 100 people who keep up with it is mind-blowing to me.

I am really thankful to all of you guys. Each and every one of you should know that you guys are special to me <3

It's really your comments that urge me to update frequently. As a gift, something BIG is going to happen in the next chappie. I promise it'll be big. MUAHAHAHAHA

BTW, shout out to my bae sone_forever09 for making me the beautiful poster <333 love ya!