The rest of BTS

The Atypical One

During lunch, Yejin told her group of friends how bad her morning had been.

 

 

“And then… Mr. Oh was all like ‘You must help because you are now a team’!” Yejin huffed, imitating Mr. Oh’s voice with emphasis on the word “team.” Much to her disappointment, Yejin’s friends did not seem to share her misery as they only giggled and made jokes.

 

 

“Ooo… Yejin getting on teachers’ bad side already?” Ahjung teased.

 

 

“Aww man, so does that mean you’re not going to be a role model student anymore?” Kayeon pouted as she tried to hide a smile.

 

 

“YAH! That is NOT going to happen. Nope, I won’t LET it happen. Aishh it’s all because of those dumb boys!” Yejin exclaimed dramatically.

 

 

“Boys?” all her friends turned to her with heads cocked to the side. All of Yejin’s girlfriends knew that she and boys almost never interacted.

 

 

Yejin sighed, “Yeah. These two guys named Jungkook and Taehyung. I’m assigned to a group with them for the entire year.”

 

 

“WHAT?! You mean THE Jungkook and Taehyung? The hotties from BTS?” Somi, another one of Yejin’s friends asked.

 

 

“Dafuq… what BTS?” Yejin replied, but then remembered what her friend was talking about. “Ohhh you mean those group of guys that are always together like they’re the Power Rangers? I didn’t know Jungkook and Taehyung were a part of them. Why do they even call themselves that? BTS?” she questioned as she munched on a baby carrot.

 

 

Another girl named Hyejung facepalmed herself. “You should consider yourself lucky. There are a lot of girls who would die to sit next to two BTS members for the whole year,” and the others nodded in agreement.

 

 

Yejin rolled her eyes. “Whatever. I’ve already decided that boys are off limits during high school so I could care less. Plus, they’ve already caused trouble on day one so I’m not very pleased with them.”

 

 

After lunch, Yejin proceeded to attend science class and then her language class. She was happy with the teachers and classmates she saw. Her teachers seemed pretty nice and she had several friends to sit with so she was not alone. Yejin glanced at her schedule and groaned as she saw what her last class of the day was. Gym.

 

 

Yejin was probably the least athletic girl in the entire school. To be more precise, Yejin just didn’t like to try when it came to sports. If she tried, she could probably be somewhere near average but Yejin did not think it was worth her time to focus so much on sports. Of course she maintained her weight by eating healthy and taking jogs from time to time but she was hopeless when it came to competitive sports activities.

 

 

Yejin could already see what would happen in gym. She would embarrass herself by getting hit in the face with a ball during dodgeball or trip and fall while the class was playing soccer. Yejin let out a big sigh as she entered the double doors that led into the school’s spacious gymnasium. The student just hoped she wouldn’t be the only one that at sports. Maybe she would have a few of her fellow friends who hated gym in the class with her and they could pass time together.

 

 

As Yejin sat down with the group of students who had already taken a seat on the cold gym floor, she looked around in hopes of finding a few friends. Unfortunately, she didn’t spot any girls she was particularly close with. *Well… there’s Inyeong and Bora… should I go say hi to them? Uh… but I haven’t talked to them in a year. Would it be awkward if I just-* Yejin’s thoughts were interrupted when she was suddenly shoved by a group of girls who had abruptly started squirming and squealing like they were getting free tickets to a kpop concert. Yejin looked at them with an unamused face. “Nice to know some people are excited for gym,” she mumbled quietly so no one could hear what she said. Yejin turned her head towards the big double doors at the entrance of the gym, which seemed to be where most of the girls’ attention were at.

 

 

The ENTIRE crew from BTS walked in as if they were models expecting someone to start taking pictures right away. Yejin let out something that was a mix of both a scoff and a snort. *What are they doing here all together? Aren’t they supposed to be in class-* Yejin paused as she slowly came to the realization that all members of BTS were going to be in her gym class. “WHAT? Who came up with their schedules?!” she shouted, causing a few students to give her a weird look. *Whoops. Did I say that out loud? Ugh but I can’t believe it. How is it possible that all seven of them are in one class at the same time??* Yejin ranted in her head. *It’s not fair. They get to be together even in class while I have NO friends at all in this class!* she continued as she pouted at the inequity.

 

 

At that moment, the majestic BTS finally decided to take their seats and the teacher, Mr. Lim, started taking attendance. When Yejin noticed that they had sat down right next to her, she scooted away as if they were infected with the flu. She was uncomfortable with so many guys sitting near her, especially since they were the beloved BTS. *Dear God, why do I have to be in this class? Please don’t let me embarrass myself today. Please…* she pleaded in her mind.

 

 

“Lee Yejin?” Mr. Lim called out her name for attendance.

 

 

“Here!” she said clearly as she slightly raised her hand. Mr. Lim nodded and looked back down at his roster to continue with attendance.

 

 

At the sound of her voice, Taehyung turned around. “Oh hey, it’s you again. We have gym together!” he exclaimed.

 

 

Yejin faked a surprised look and gasped, “Whaaat? We have gym together? I would’ve never guessed.” The girl then gave him an unamused look and added, “No kidding. I’m pretty sure you made it clear to everyone here of your existence.”

 

 

At this remark, the rest of the BTS crew turned to look at Yejin and the girl immediately mentally facepalmed herself. *No no nonono please don’t all look at me- aaand they’re all looking at me.* Yejin suddenly felt even more uncomfortable as she felt the curious gazes of seven boys calculating whatever they were calculating. Yejin wanted to dig a hole under the ground and hide inside it. The girl suddenly had terrifying thoughts running through her head. *Oh my gosh… what if they’re a gang?! Like the ones with knives and guns? Holy shiet! Are they going to kill me now?? No I’m too young! I shouldn’t have been rude to Taehyung. Why me?? Why!?*

 

 

However, at that moment, one of the BTS boys started talking, “Guys, this is Yejin. She’s the one who helped us clean up the mess this morning in Technology.” It was Jungkook. Much to her relief, the rest of the boys started to soften their gaze and nodded in understanding.

 

 

“Ohh I see! Hi, I’m Hoseok!” a guy with a huge smile on his face greeted.

 

 

“Heh heh,” Yejin let out a forced laugh and gave a small wave back. *He seems friendly enough…*

 

 

A different guy suddenly moved towards Yejin and slung his arm around her, causing her to immediately stiffen. “Yeahhh… I’m Jimin, but you can call me tonight,” the so-called Jimin said as he gave her a greasy wink.

 

 

*Da actual fuq?* Yejin thought as she prayed Jimin would go away.

 

 

Much to her relief, Taehyung pulled Jimin back and rolled his eyes, “Really hyung? It’s the first day of school.”

 

 

Yejin nodded a thanks to Taehyung and cleared . *Note to self: stay AWAY from Jimin.*

 

 

Another guy chuckled and shook his head at Jimin’s behavior. “Don’t mind him. He’s always like that. I’m Jinseok by the way. Jin for short,” the new acquaintance introduced and Yejin nodded in response.

 

 

*His smile is so gorgeous…* Yejin thought dreamily and then immediately shook the thought out of her head.

 

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Namjoon,” the guy next to Jinseok said.

 

 

“Oh, nice to meet you too. Cool hair,” Yejin complimented and Namjoon beamed proudly at his snow white hair, which had taken six rounds of bleaching until it was perfect.

 

 

“Suga,” the last guy lazily waved his right hand and went back to laying on the ground.

 

 

*Well someone didn’t get enough sleep last night,* Yejin thought.

 

 

At that moment, the final bell rang, releasing all the students from their last class of the day. Mr. Lim hastily finished reading the basic safety rules of gym class before everyone had stood up and headed towards the door. Yejin silently thanked the heavens and started making her way towards the door.

 

 

“Bye Yejin!!!” she heard BTS yell out but Yejin didn’t turn back. No way was she going to let all the girls in her class think her and BTS were friends or something. Not now and not ever.

 

 

A/N: Woot woot! Thank heavens it's the weekend. I finally got to update :)

My chapters are slowly getting longer XD

What do you think? Leave comments maybe? c: