Apology

The Atypical One

“Woah. Someone’s in a bad mood,” Ahjung commented during first period when she saw Yejin’s pissed-off expression.

 

 

“Yeah, well you’d be in a bad one too if you were me right now,” the girl grumbled.

 

 

“Why? Did something happen?”

 

 

Yejin opened to spill everything that had happened the previous night but then had second thoughts. *She probably wouldn’t believe me anyways...* Yejin sighed before simply replying with, “I’m just… stressed with my grade in this class you know? I slept only three hours last night trying to study calculus…”

 

 

Ahjung gave her friend a sympathetic look and nodded in understanding. “Hwaiting bestie! I know you’re smart and fab, so you’ll get through this.”

 

 

Yejin gave Ahjung a small smile and turned to the teacher, who had now started the lesson.

 


 

Yejin’s expression darkened when she saw Taehyung and Jungkook in second period. *They actually came to school today?* she scowled. The girl took her seat without even looking at the boys.

 

 

The two boys looked at each other quizzically and shrugged their shoulders.

 

 


“Er… Yejin, are you mad at us?” Taehyung asked tentatively. Yejin pretended as if she had not even heard the question and turned her seat 180 degrees to turn her back to the boys and face the teacher.

 

 

The boys made several attempts during the class to talk to Yejin but she made no acknowledgment of their existence. She was giving them the silent treatment because she knew that if she were to open to explain why she was mad, then she would probably cause a scene.

 

 

Jungkook and Taehyung eventually gave up and stayed quiet the rest of the class.

 

 

Yejin mentally sighed, *Maybe if I just keep ignoring them like this, I won’t have to deal with them anymore.*

 

 

Even during gym, which was their last class of the day, Yejin avoided the entire group of boys. They tried to say hello to her at the beginning of the period but the girl walked right by them without even glancing in their direction. The class was now practicing their tennis unit but even then, Yejin practiced with other girls on a court that was far away from BTS’.

 

 

When the class was dismissed to their respective locker rooms to change and go home, Yejin took an extra-long time so that she would not have to bump into the boys. The rest of the girls had now emptied out of the locker room and Yejin assumed it was safe to say that all students were out of school. She sighed as she slung her heavy backpack on her right shoulder, which by the way, was still sore from last night’s mission.

 

 

However, when she exited the locker room and walked across the large empty gym to reach the exit, she saw the door blocked by a few boys. BTS. Yejin cursed in her head but nonchalantly made her way to the exit.

 

 

“Excuse me. You’re in my way,” Yejin said coolly, not making eye contact with any of the boys.

 

 

“Why are you mad at us?” Hoseok asked.

 

 

“I’m not mad. I’m just trying to…” the girl was stuck on trying to explain how she wanted to avoid the boys so that she would not have to be in anymore trouble.

 

 

“We didn’t do anything wrong to you,” Namjoon started.

 

 

Yejin’s mouth dropped open. “Wait. Are you guys telling me that you seriously don’t remember what happened last night?!”

 

 

The boys gave each other confused looks. “Uh… what happened last night?” asked Yoongi.

 

 

The girl sighed dramatically. “Are you kidding me? You guys were soooo drunk that I had to get out of my house at almost midnight just to pick you guys up. Then, I had to literally carry every single one of you to my car and my entire body is sore from that because y’all are heavy as fuq. And as if that wasn’t enough, none of you guys were sober enough to remember your own house address so that’s why you were all passed out in MY house this morning,” the girl ranted.

 

 

Jimin took one look at Yejin’s small figure. “YOU carried all of US?”

 

 

Yejin only rolled her eyes at his comment. “By the way, one of you guys have my number. Who is it?!” Yejin shouted, remembering that this all started because of a phone call from the bar.

 

 

Taehyung raised his hand slowly like a puppy that knew it was in big trouble for having an accident in the house. “I… I got your number from Mrs. Chung at the daycare b-because she said I should have your number for work…” he explained quietly.

 

 

Yejin squinted her eyes at him with a look that could make anyone feel stupid. “Well delete it!!!” the girl eventually shouted and stormed pass the boys and slammed open the door.

 

 

BTS was shocked. “I can’t believe she did that for us… We really caused her trouble,” Jin said in a regretful tone. “We should probably make it up to her.”

 

 

“Taehyung, gimme Yejin’s number,” Jungkook suddenly spoke up.

 

 

“B-But… she just told me to delete it,” Taehyung reasoned, still shaken up from being yelled at by Yejin. Jungkook only rolled his eyes and took Taehyung’s phone out of his hand, searching for Yejin’s number.

 


 

The rest of the week went by uneventfully. Yejin still barely talked to BTS and mostly ignored their approaches. However, BTS was secretly planning something to make Yejin forgive them.

 

 

The students were let out from school on Thursday and everyone was excited. There was no school on Friday because of Chuseok, which was Korean Thanksgiving. Yejin also left the school building with a huge smile on her face. “YAYYYYYY NO SCHOOL TOMORROWWWWW!” the threw her hands up into the air as if she was throwing confetti everywhere causing her friend to giggle.

 

 

“Any plans for tomorrow?” Kayeon asked.

 

 

“Uh yeah! Sleeping,” Yejin replied simply, excited just at the thought of having a whole day to rest and catch up on her favorite TV shows. Kayeon chuckled as she shook her head.

 

 

“Alright, well have fun, Sleeping Beauty. See you on Monday!” Kayeon waved at her friend as they parted ways to go home.

 

 

Yejin skipped the entire 30 minutes she was walking home while singing her favorite songs.

 


 

Yejin woke up the next morning to the sound of voices talking downstairs. The girl groggily rubbed her eyes to look at the time. 7:00 am. Yejin groaned, “I was supposed to wake up at noon!” At that moment, the girl realized the voices downstairs were not her parents’. Well, they were her parents’ but there were other voices too. *Visitors? This early?!* the girl thought as she hopped out of bed. She put on a pair of yoga pants and a pink hoodie over the tank top she wore to sleep.

 

 

Yejin thumped down the stairs.

 

 

“Oh, I think that’s her!” she heard her mother say.

 

 

“Mom, do we have visitors-?” Yejin almost choked on her own words when she saw who was in her kitchen. “What. The. Heck. What are you guys doing here?!”

 

 

“Yejin! Do not treat your guests like that,” her father lightly scolded the girl.

 

 

“Mom, dad, you let them in?!” the girl shrieked and pointed an accusing finger at all seven members of BTS, who were sitting or standing near the dining table.

 

 

“Honey, be nice! They say they’re here to take you out for a day. They want to appreciate the good friend you’ve been to them this year since it’s Thanksgiving and all,” her mother explained.

 

 

“Yes, we do it every year to one of our friends. It’s a little tradition of ours,” Jin said and Yejin scoffed.

 

 

The girl’s mother gave the boys a worried look. “I’m sorry if she’s a bit cold… she doesn’t usually hang around boys so I’m surprised you guys are friends with her. But she really does have a kind heart.”

 

 

“Yes, we know Mrs. Lee. Although she never says it, we can tell she really cares for us. She’s always giving us a helping hand when we need it,” Jimin said with a sweet smile and Yejin felt like throwing up at his fakeness.

 

 

“Mom, do you want to know what I did for them-“ the girl started but Jungkook quickly put a hand over .

 

 

“Well, Mrs. Lee, I guess we should head out now! We have a lot of surprises for Yejin today!” Jungkook announced, while the girl tried to free herself from his grasp.

 

 

At that, the girl’s parents ushered them to the door and watched as they all piled into the black van.

 

 

“Have fun kids! And stay safe!” Yejin’s mother waved. The boys waved back with a smile as Yejin was forced into the middle row between Jungkook and Taehyung.

 

 

“HELPPPP I’M BEING KIDNAPPED!!!” Yejin screamed but by that time, the doors of the van were already shut.

 

 

A/N: Hay hay hayyy! Did you know that I had no school today?! I was so happy. I wish we had no school every Friday.

Which also means... I WILL DOUBLE UPDATE TODAYYYY. That's right subbies. You're getting another chapter in a few hours.

Curious as to where the group is heading? Any guesses? Leave comments below <3