A New School Year

The Atypical One

 

*krrriiiiiiinng* The sound of Yejin's alarm clock jolted the girl awake, causing her to lazily walk over to the ringing device and fumble with it until she found the button which silenced it. Yejin sighed and looked at the red numbers that indicated it was 6:00 am. She remembered that it was the first day of school. Yejin's school started classes at 7:15 which meant she had to be out of the house before 7:00. However, the student was so exhausted from doing all of the summer homework she was assigned the previous night. Why she didn't do her homework over the ten weeks she had to do it would always remain a mystery. Nonetheless, the only thing that was on Yejin's mind at the moment was getting more sleep so just like that, she flopped back onto her bed, causing it to creak and she went right back to sleep.

 

The next time Yejin opened her eyes, it was 6:45 am. She gasped and quickly jumped out of her bed, feeling wide awake all of a sudden. "Why? Why why whyyy?? It's the first day for goodness' sake!!" the girl cried to herself as she hurriedly washed her face in the bathroom. Thankfully, Yejin was not one of those girls who cared about their appearance and spent an hour getting ready in the morning so she was able to get downstairs with her backpack in ten minutes. "Dad!! We gotta go! Let's hurry!" she exclaimed as she skid into the kitchen with her phone in the hand, checking for any messages from friends she might have gotten. On her way to school, Yejin's dad usually gave her a ride because he went to work right after dropping her off.

 

Her dad raised an eyebrow as he lowered his newspaper. "I thought you said you were going to change your habits this school year, Yejin," he sighed as he collected his stuff to bring to work.

 

The teenager sighed in frustration, "Yeah yeah yeah I know but today was just- let's not do this right now, dad. I have to be at school in literally 15 minutes." The girl's mother suddenly approached her with a bag in her hand.

 

"Quick, put your lunch in your backpack. I made you a sandwich so you won't get hungry later," her mom said. The parent knew how much Yejin disliked school lunch and didn't want her daughter to go without food for school.

 

Yejin gave her mom a big hug. "Thank you!! I'll eat it well!" she exclaimed as she put away the lunch and put on her shoes. The girl and her father were soon out the door and pulling out of the driveway. During the short ride, Yejin debated on whether she should keep her hair up or down. Her hair was long and straight but in the mornings, it was a bit wavy. She personally didn't like her hair but she was thankful that she didn't have to deal with bad hair days, considering how plain and unchanging her hair was. In the end, Yejin decided to keep it down because she didn't have enough time to put it up as her dad was pulling into the school parking lot already. "Thank you sooo much dad! I'll see you at home later!" she exclaimed as she quickly gathered her school stuff and rushed out of the car. Her dad smiled and waved her off, pulling out of the parking lot.

 

Yejin sped walked to her usual homeroom class as if she was an Olympic contender for the speed walking competition. She didn't want to be seen running on the first day of school because she's a junior now and how absolutely lame would it be to see an upperclassman sprinting to homeroom on day one? Yejin let out an exhausted sigh as she finally reached the door of her homeroom, glad that her burning quads would be able to rest now. She took a seat in a random seat as she waited for her homeroom teacher to go over the usual back-to-school spiel and hand out important papers like each student's schedule and information packet. 

 

After the short session in homeroom, the students were released by the bell to head to their first class of the day. Yejin looked at her schedule and hoped that she had friends in each class, which was very likely because Yejin and her friends were all smart and therefore, took the same level courses. Her order of classes for the year was: Math, Technology, History, Lunch, Science, Language, and Gym. As Yejin slowly walked to her math class, she decided to look around and see if she saw any familiar faces. To her disappoinment, she only saw students she didn't really talk to. She noticed the clothes that the girls were wearing on the first day of school and she snorted as she mumbled, "Now now ladies, it's the first day of school. Not a fashion show."

 

When Yejin finally reached her math class, she immediately spotted Ahjung already in a seat and the girl let out and excited squeal. "AHJUNG! BAE! WE HAVE MATH TOGETHER!" Yejin stated the obvious, causing students around her to give her a strange look. Yejin quickly claimed the seat next to Ahjung, as if it was the last chair left in a game of Musical Chairs.

 

"Eek! I'm so happy we have math together! Oh my gosh, tell me ALL about your summer girl~!" Ahjung beamed as she leaned in to hug Yejin.

 

"Ugh let's do all that during lunch. We have too much to catch up on," Yejin stated and Ahjung nodded in agreement. While the two girls waited for class to start, they saw some of their other friends coming in. Everyone was busy exchanging greetings and finding a seat. Yejin and all her friends were able to sit near each other in the room so she was content with her first class. On the first day of school, teachers rarely taught or gave out homework assignments. Most of the teachers just went over the expectations and guidelines of the class so everyone was at ease. 

 

Second class was Technology but unfortunately, none of Yejin's friends were in that class. To make things worse, the teacher, Mr. Oh, announced, "Do not get comfortable yet because I will be assigning where each of you sit." The students let out a groan and Yejin rolled her eyes. "Each table will seat three people... and it will be alphabetically done," added Mr. Oh, triggering another chorus of groans to echo throughout the room. Yejin face palmed herself, hoping that the people whose last names were close to hers would be nice people. Yejin’s last name was Lee so she waited until Mr. Oh had finished assigning seats to students who were in front of her.

 

“Table number 4 will seat… Jeon Jungkook… Kim Taehyung… and… Lee Yejin.”


 

 

 

A/N: Yay first chapter is up!! What do you guys think about it? Getting suspenseful already eh? :P

Imagine getting assigned to sit next to V and Jungkook in a class- omf like can we not?

Sorry for the boring beginning but I had to start off the story somehow >.<

Anyways, leave comments on what you think and please anticipate Chapter 2! :D