Refresh? Maybe Not

Perfect Turned into Ugly

 

After receiving a goodbye kiss on the cheek from Yi Fan, YooSun jumped out of his car and shut the door shut. She stood there, watching his car drive away, getting tinier and tinier until she couldn't see it anymore.

Sighing, she thought of a way to tell her mother of what happened while she was gone. Yi Fan had told her to lie to her, but YooSun would never tell a lie to her mother, not once. Always loyal, people in general. But she didn't want to tell her that she had with Yi Fan. How was she supposed to say it? 

"Hey, mom. I just want you to know that I had with Yi Fan." Yeah. Right. YooSun knew that her mother would have a heart attack before she could even finish her sentence. Therefore, YooSun had no choice but to lie.

YooSun walked inside the house to find it completely silent. KyungSoo must've been in school while her mother was at work, at least that was what she thought when she walked near to the kitchen, she heard a voice that sounded like her mothers. 

"Y-Yes, uhh, she h-has long black hair, she's slim, she's 5'4 foot," There was a short pause. "The last time I saw her she was wearing her school uniform with a cute little yellow bow on her hair." Her mother sounded and looked horrible. Her voice cracks in almost every word. Hair pulled up in a messy bun, some sticking out in places. Still in pajamas and her bathrobe, but in a messy way. Her eyes were bloodshot red and puffy, YooSun knew she must've been crying or, and, not getting enough sleep.

"Mom," She called out quietly, taking a small step closer. Her mom looked up and immediately embraced her in a bear hug. "Aigoo!" She said, sighing in relief. "I was so worried about you!"

She pulled away, holding onto YooSun's shoulders as she looked straight into her eyes. "Where have you been?" Her voice was serious and stern, YooSuin gulped nervously. "Uhh," She didn't know what to say, what excuse to come up with. 

"Where were you? And don't you lie to me, young lady." Her mother eyes were angry, but mostly concern. 

"I was out with a friend." YooSun couldn't say Yi Fan's name, she knew her mother would be asking many questions and those questions could be answer by her saying that she had with him.

"What friend?" Before YooSun could speak, not she was planning on answering her question, her mother shook her head, waving a hand in the air a bit. "You know, forget it. As long as you're here and safe, it's all that matters." She hugged her again, only this time it was lighter.

YooSun smiled and hugged her mother back, glad that her mother wouldn't push her into any more questions she doesn't like to answer, nor hear. Just then, YooSun remembered something. "By the way," She pulled away. "Who were you on the phone with?"

"The police." YooSun frowned her eyebrows in confusion.

"Why would you call them?"

"Because I was worried, YooSun-ah. You didn't answer your phone or came home last night. What did you expect me to do? Sit around and wait until you come home?" YooSun felt bad for not calling earlier. She could've less told her tat she would be out. 

"I'm sorry." She looked down, feeling ashamed and guilty. Her mother gently pulled her chin up, forcing her to look at her. "YooSun-ah, look at me." She obey and looked at her mother with sad eyes.

"It's okay. Everything is fine now. Just as long as you don't do it again."

"Yes, mom," She smiled. "I promise I won't do it again." She really didn't want to. For her mom to be sick and worried about her, she didn't want that to happen ever again.

"That's good," Her mother smiled. "Are you hungry? I could make something for you?" YooSun shook her head. "No, thanks. I'm not hungry." Her mother frowned. "Are you sure?"

YooSun nodded, assuring her that she's okay. "I just want to rest, if that's okay with you?"

"Yes, of course. You may sleep, sweetheart."

YooSun thanked her and walked to her bedroom. 

~($u$)~

The next day, YooSun went to school alone. Well, she waited for Yi Fan to pick her up, but he didn't show up. KyungSoo already left at that time, so she stood by her house waiting for him to show up, but he didn't, which made YooSun feel uneasy.

She walked into her classroom, walking to her seat when she spotted someone she never met sat next to KyungSoo. Walking up their desks, she smiled welcoming. "Hello," The boys looked up. "You must be new, am I right?"

JongIn smiled back. "Yes, I am," He extended her hand. "My name is JongIn."

"YooSun, KyungSoo's sister." She pointed at KyungSoo, who smiled shyly at JongIn, to YooSun's surprise, as JongIn looked at them both in awe.

YooSun was shocked. KyungSoo hardly smiles unless it's something or someone, which she doubt, that he likes. But he quickly faded his smile when he saw her shocked expression. She eyed him suspiciously.

"Whoa, really?" JongIn said. "It must be nice to have a sibling in the same school as yours."

"Not really." KyungSoo said, ignoring YooSun's glare.

"YooSun-ah!!" She jumped from the sound, but relaxed when it was ChanYeol. He rushed to her side, and hugged her like her mother had hugged her. YooSun was used to his hugs, so it didn't surprise her when he hugged her.

"Why do you keep hugging me?" She once asked him. "You hug me like you haven't seen me in years." ChanYeol smiled widely, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "I just want you to know that I am always here for you when you need a hug or a shoulder to cry on."

ChanYeol just keeps making YooSun feel guilty without trying, and YooSun feels horrible for that.

"Oh, hey ChanYeol." She pulled away from the hug, smiling.

"Where were you yesterday?" He asked, frowning with sad and concern eyes.

"I was out with Yi Fan." She could at least told her friends about Yi Fan.

"Where were you with him?" He looked at her suspiciously.

"Somewhere."

"Where?"

"Who are you? My dad?" She playfully joked.

"I'm serious, YooSun-ah," he said. "I was just concerned about your whereabouts." She smiled. So sweet, she thought. It was such ashamed that she didn't have feelings for him. 

"YooSun-ah!" Once again, she jumped from BaekHyun's voice. These people's voices are like thunder sounds, she thought. "Hey, BaekHyunnie!" He walked up to her side, and flicked her forehead, in which YooSun winced and rubbed the spot, pouting in displeased. "What was that for?" She asked.

"What happened to you yesterday?" He ignored her question. 

"Oh," She smiled shyly. " I just spend some time with Yi Fan."

"You had with him, didn't you?"

ChanYeol and KyungSoo eyes widen in surprise, but JongIn just stared in confusion. "Well," She slowly said, looked down, playing with the hems of her shirt. 

"Oh my god, YooSun-ah! How could you let that jerk take your ity?" Complained BaekHyun, obviously in his diva mode.

"He said that he needed to do it or he'll die from health."

"What?!?" Both KyungSoo and BaekHyun shouted in erosion, causing the room's attention. KyungSoo didn't care about their glances, but he smiled apologetically at JongIn, who blinked in surprise

"Are you that stupid, YooSun-ah?" BaekHyun asked. "Guys don't need to have because of health. He just did it with you for fun! He's messing with your heart, girl!"

YooSun's mouth hung low. No, she thought. That couldn't be. "He would never do that to me. He loves me!" But something in her mind told her that he didn't, though she ignored it.

The bell rung, time for class to begin. Students went to usual seats as KyungSoo ruffed his hair before turning to glare at YooSun. "We'll about this later."

 

Hello~!

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the story so far. 

I want to give my special thanks to my new subscribers, 

beautyanddebeast! Suhot09! zozothefox!

Thank you guys for subscribing! I really apprecaite it so much. :D

I wish for you to read, enjoy, comment, and subscribe. Please feel free to comment on what you like about the story, or if there is anything I need for approving.

Thank you and enjoy~