It's Pretty Hard to Care

Perfect Turned into Ugly

 

Lu Han sets the phone on the corded machine. He rubs his tired eyes, feeling exhausted with paper work. Another talk with Ms. Do. Not good, he thought and sighs.

It's not like he doesn't like Ms. Do. It's just a bit hard for him to actually forgive her for what she did. He knows that it's the right thing for her to do back then. But...seriously? Couldn't she fought harder? Couldn't she make a really strong ambition of protest that distinguish her statement? Couldn't she have more aspiration?

He sighs again. Things have been really difficult between him and Ms. Do. Lu Han understands that she wants to make it up, make him try to forgive her for her mistake. But he can't seem to do it that easily. Not yet, at least.

The office door open and revealed one of Lu Han's best friends.

JongDae smiled widely at Lu Han. "What's up, Lulu gege?!"

"What do you want, JongDae-ah?" Lu Han asks, going back to writing his paper work. JongDae was the reason why Lu Han had to hung up the phone with Ms. Do. His assistant called to inform him that JongDae was coming to his office.

JongDae casually walked inside and sat down on the black leather armchair. "Nothing. I just wanted to see my best friend."

"I'm busy." Lu Han says.

"I'm bored." JongDae replied back.

It was then that made Lu Han look up at his friend. "Why don't you go spend time with Li Yin?"

JongDae pouted sadly. "She's busy spending time with her bridesmaid friends."

"And I'm busy spending time with paper. So if you don't mind, I need to do this."

He went back to his work, though he can hear JongDae saying, "Gege is so mean." Lu Han looked back at him to glare as a warning before going back to work. 

"JongDae-ah, I'm sorry. I just have a lot of work to do." Lu Han assures his friend. JongDae smiled untroubled.

"It's okay, gege! I understand that you have work you need to finish. But I just wanted to come by and notify you about our wedding~" 

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Lu Han muttered. "Be there on Wednesday morning sharp."

It was silent for a while. "No, it's on Tuesday." says JongDae.

Lu Han's eyes widen in shock. "Really?!" JongDae laughed loudly. "You seriously forgot? Whoa~ You're turning out to be like Lay gege."

His friend groaned doubtfully. "I'm so sorry, JongDae-ah. I thought it was on Wednesday." 

JongDae winked playfully. "Looks like it was a good idea that I came, huh?"

Lu Han rolled his eyes before an problem popped in his head. "I don't think I can make it. You see, I have a important meeting -"

His Korean friend held up his hand to signal him to stop talking. "You better come! All that hard work has paid off and you're going to drop out? Screw the work! Screw the papers! Besides, you're getting stressed out from work a lot. You deserve a break. And the wedding is a good opportunity."

JongDae did have a point, Lu Han thought. He can't help the jolly feeling inside him as he stared at JongDae's delighted smile. Lu Han has to admit that he's very happy for him. JongDae wanted a long time for the day of him marrying Zhang Li Yin.

The proposal happened during the night of Li Yin's birthday party. The chef that was hired and was supposed to be cooking the dinner was unfortunately sick that night. So they hired another person to cook, but that person was a smoker. While they were smoking outside, they forgot to check the food in the oven. The food was badly burnt, almost crispy black, much to JongDae's displeasure. 

Then, JongDae's reaction was to cry and sing one of Bruno Mars' songs. But someone forgot to get the CD and played Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz. Terrible choice. Oh, and to mention that he pulled out a Seth Rogue and proposal with a empty box. Without the ring.

Thankfully, Li Yin simply laughed it out and said, "No matter what you do, I'll always love you." Then she kissed him and that was it. 

Lu Han suppressed a small smile. "Okay, I'll come." Maybe going to the wedding wouldn't be a bad idea.

~(Q.Q)~

"This light body lotion is very moisturizing and nourishing. It contains sesame oil which nourishes and rejuvenates, leaving skin visibly softer and smoother. Contains SPF4 for everyday protection....It comes with a bottle, tube or mist. See also the sorbet body gel and the silky body milk. I recommend this product for those who have rough texture of skin. It will help a large amount of unhealthy skin that manufactures it subtle and clean skin care."

Lu Han smiled and bowed as the industrialists clapped for his presentation about body lotion. They stood up and shook his hand, giving him the appreciation of the wonderful slide show. He thanked them gracefully. They then left the office room after that, each talking to one another or going off to their own business. 

Another present went well, he thought as he received the last handshake from his industrialists. He has been working on presenting a new body product for the company since it went downhill from the last product which was the hand sanitizers, it wasn't really much of a big hit. But Lu Han is positive that the body lotion will make a great deal.

When he was finished packing his supplies away in his case and shutting down the presentation, he also walked out the building to go home for the day but only to be met by Krystal, an employee of his. 

"Hey," She says smugly.

"Hey." He replies, continuing to walk.

"Very good presentation. I liked the idea of inventing a new body lotion. My current ones are no use." She says, following him close by.

He managed a smile. "Thank you, Krystal." She intertwined her arm around his, shocking Lu Han by this sudden action. "I was hoping if I could be your first assistant to try the lotion on. I'm also hoping that you'll put it on me." 

She winks at him seductively. Lu Han sighs. Here she goes with the flirting again. When will she ever realize that he is not interested? Krystal is a nice, beautiful young woman who is smart and intelligence, Lu Han has to give her that. But he's just not interested in dating right about right. Especially with Ms. Do up his sleeve.

Lu Han gently released her hand from his arm. "Maybe, Krystal. I'll think about it." 

He climbed inside his car, started the engine and was ready to leave when Krystal leaned over the passengers window. "How about you and me go out and celebrate your win on the presentation? My treat. Just us two."

He looked at her in disbelief. "You do know that I am engaged, right?"

It is no lie that he is engaged. However, he has no clue no who the woman is, not even her name. All he knows that the company that he is arranged to work along side with owns many restaurants and cafes, wealthy company, and has a daughter that he must marry for the sake of both companies. Since Lu Han is the magnate in the company, everyone is well aware of the fact of him in a engaged marriage.

Krystal seemed troubled by this question, as her eyes turned black with anger. But she quickly went back to her usual self. 

"It's just a dinner. No harm into it." She says, leaning forward, giving Lu Han a glance at what he's missing.

"Thanks, but no thanks," He tried to not look at her exposed cleavage. "But I rather be faithful than to regret life choices."

Krystal looked a bit taken aback. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I rather not go out with you, or I'll probably suicide myself for that foolish choice." Then he drove off, leaving the shocked lady behind.

 

Hey everyone! It's been a while! Almost...seven months???? I'm so sorry about that, I truly am. I was just busy with exams and homework and work and basically work. Nothing in my mind but work, work, work, work. 

Anyways, here is another chapter for you readers. Please comment on what you like or if there is anything that I need for improvement.

Another thing is that I would love to thank danamiya for subscribing~ Thank you~!!