eight

Tour Down Under (Discover My Heart)
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] VII [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2].[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

 

 

It had been ages since Luhan had visited home. He may have missed some parts of it like his father's cooking or his mother's constant nagging to go clean his soccer gear; but there was one thing he definitely did not miss.

The smell.

Oh the sweet smell of Chinatown compressed into the one house.

Nope, he did not miss that at all.

 

As he was showing Sehun around the house, he forgot about all the photos of his childhood that was covered nearly up every wall space of the house(courtesy of his father), some photos with Yixing, though most of them were just photos of young Luhan looking at the camera with an annoyed expression. Awkwardly trying to cover up the pre-pubescent memorabilia of his past, Luhan smiled at Sehun as he pointed out where the washrooms and the bathrooms were. Sehun just stifled a giggle whenever he saw Luhan try to cover up the photos. 

He opened the door of the guest room, seeing that his mother had already put Sehun's luggage neatly on the bed. Sehun slowly looked around the room, noticing that it was the only room in the house that possibly didn't have shrine dedicated to Luhan's childhood. There was a double bed off to the side of the room, with deep red covers and a couple of pillows hidden underneath the doona. Two bedside tables surrounded it, one on each side of the bed, with a little pot plant on the top of them. The walls were a pale cream colour, each wall with a small lamp. He walked over to the window, opening the mint-green curtains to reveal the evening sky and the backgarden underneath. 

 

"Wow Mum really feng shui-ed the room up, huh?" says Luhan, patting the potted plant on one of the tables.

"Feng shui?" asks Sehun, turning his neck to face him.

"Chinese art of positioning things to get good Chi, A.K.A energy."

Sehun just nodded, not really understanding what the shorter male was saying. 

 

"Anyways, we gotta go meet the special people." smiles Luhan, throwing opening the door. Sehun quietly followed behind the latter, still not understanding his words.

 

 

 

"Han, did Minseok get plastic surgery?"

 

They were standing in the centre of the last room in the house that Luhan did not show to Sehun. When bringing visitors to Luhan's household, it is customary for them to greet Luhan's grandfather and grandmother. Now, after spending an odd fifty-or-so years in each other's company, after eighty or so odd years of their lifetimes on the surface of the bustling Earth; they're old as balls according to Luhan.

 

"Ye ye," Luhan coughs, looking at the old man sitting up straight in his recliner, "This is Sehun, he's Minseok's friend and he is staying with you guys for a bit. Ma said he could."

Sehun just stares at the elderly couple. 

 

The grandfather was plainly dressed in an old white shirt and gray pants, with barely any hair on his head. In fact, his head was pretty much an egg with human facial features. Grandma, on the other hand was calmly sipping tea while leaning against Grandpa's arm rest. Her entire appearance however, was a complete contradiction to her husband's, elegant peach dress, salt-and-peper hair tied neatly in an updo, a string of pearls and opals rested against her collarbones and her tiny feet were neatly tucked into little white ankle socks. She gave Sehun a small smile.

"Your name is Sehun...?"

"Kim. Sehun Kim." replied the taller, returning her smile. Luhan quickly eyed him at him before looking back to his grandma. 

"So anyways, Sehun, Ye Ye, Nai Nai, I'm going to back to my place after I show Sehun around." Luhan announces, clasping his hands together and picking up his luggage. 

"Han, didn't you mother tell you?" his grandma asks, slowly standing up.

Luhan gives her a puzzled look. "Tell me what? Nai Nai, what are you talking about?"

"She went over to your apartment, and apparently you left open your sugar jar open and your house is crawling with ants and whatever so she called pest control."

"What?!"

"Don't worry my grandson, she brought half of your things over here so you can stay with us for a while!" 

 

Luhan stared at her.

 

"Does Minseok know?!"

"Honey, she tried calling him but it went to his voicemail. Don't worry you can call him later, but I don't see why he needs to know because the boy lives in Melbourne."

 

Luhan sighs.

 

"Nai nai, he needs to know because he's my boyfriend. Why doesn't Ma tell me anything?" and with that, he motioned for him and Sehun to leave the room. 

 

Once they reached the hallway, Luhan let out a sigh once again, "Why am I not surprised? Stay here, don't move, I need to talk to Ma." and Luhan ran down the hall, leaving a very confused Sehun behind him. 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter