twenty one

Tour Down Under (Discover My Heart)
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] XXI [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2].[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

From Port Campbell to Apollo Bay, then Apollo Bay to Lorne, Lorne to Anglesea, Anglesea to the great city of Geelong and finally Geelong to Melbourne; the whole trip lasted for about another week and a half before the two finally reached Melbourne. 

They continued driving along the coast, stopping by the endless beaches and little souvenior shops where either of them would force the other to pose for a selfie in front the significant monument of that place (majority of the time it was Sehun grabbing Luhan and pulling the smaller in with him in front of the camera, making sure that Luhan is doing the signature peace sign).

But between here and there Sehun felt his heart beat that tiny bit faster every time Luhan laughed at his strong accent or when he was bopping his head along to the radio. It felt nice to have someone keep him company like this; someone to flick his nose when Sehun started to fall asleep in the passenger's seat. Someone to cover his eyes in the morning and murmur a soft 'guess who?' in his ear. Someone makes sure he always wears a beanie in the evening because Sehun's ears became really cold and red.

It felt like they were living together as roomates in the endless amount of motels they stayed at. In the mornings Sehun would cook whatever food they have leftover for breakfast in a t-shirt and his boxers, while Luhan took a shower and plugged his phone in the portable speakers, blasting out whatever song he felt like that morning (but recently he started playing more Korean girl group songs due to Sehun's nagging). At night Luhan's place was by the sink, washing up every dirty dish that Sehun threw in because they formed a silent agreement for Sehun to cook dinner and Luhan would clean up afterwards. If their motel permits, the two men would bring out their dirty clothes and blankets and do the laundry in the washroom, bringing them back in an overused plastic tub to their own small space and lying them on the ground or on tables; really wherever there was any flat space. 

If they were lucky and got a room with a TV, Luhan would often put morning talkshows like Today or Sunrise, because he got back into the habit of watching television in the morning with a good cup of coffee, and Sehun would opt for a glass of cold Milo instead and play on his phone as Luhan laughed at the antics taking place on the screen in front of him. 

If the weather was good, Sehun and Luhan would go out for a little sightseeing, both of them returning to their temporary home with sore feet and nearly sunburnt skin, but neither of them ever remembering to buy that bottle of SPF 50+ sunscreen that lurks in every convenience store that they visit. Luhan would turn the television on again and Sehun would sit next to him, opening another packet of his favourite Tim-Tams as they rested on the couch, watching the kid's cartoons on ABC3 ad they tried to regain back some of their well spent energy.

Nigh time, by far, was Sehun's favourite time of the day. If Luhan was feeling generous, he would order takeout. Which, of course, meant something delicious from a different cuisine that he had probably never even heard of; Moroccan, Samoan, Carribean, Parsi, Halal, Peruvian, Mediterranean (Sehun's favourite by far).

As the night went on, Luhan would often wander outside and gaze at the sky like a homesick traveller, even though he probably knew the country like the back of his hand. Sehun would watch the elder drink another cup of bitter coffee, eyes glazing over as Luhan leant over the balcony and looked up at the night sky, sometimes reaching out his hand and tracing his fingers gently, always attaching those particular actions with a longing sigh. Once in a while he would mutter under his breath, Sehun would always hear those soft words because he was only a short distance away.

 

( "Minseok-ah, the moon looks really pretty tonight."

"Orion seems to be moving really fast."

"Are you looking at the same sky as I am?" )

 

It hurts a little bit for Sehun, seeing Luhan enter a wistful trance whenever the dark sky rolled in. He wanted to reach out, just like Luhan did for him. But just when he finally decided to take his hands out of his pockets and walk up to the smaller male, Sehun bit his tongue and turned around. When Luhan finally wandered back in, he went straight to his bed and clocked out for the rest of the night. 

Even though Luhan could forget about that kiss that they had shared with intoxicated minds; Sehun couldn't at at all. So badly he wanted recreate it, but he knew better than to do something which could potentially ruin Luhan's relationship with Minseok. He especially didn't want to stoop to Kyungsoo's and Jongin's level either. 

He was falling again; something Sehun never thought he could do after Jongin. 

He was falling all over again, for someone he shouldn't be.

Many times Sehun had wondered what the trip would be like if he wasn't recovering over Jongin and if Luhan was single and not tied down. Watching Luhan twirl around in the reception while Sehun dragged their bags out to the lobby for the start of an another new day; it always resulted in Sehun daydreaming about Luhan dancing in their own shared space, just the two of them. Happy together.

 

There was that one night, somewhere between Lorn

Please log in to read the full chapter