Meeting the In-Laws

Dating Mr Idol...

It was finally the day you were going to visit Jinyoung’s parents… you were slightly nervous but excited… since it was your first visit to the countryside. You waited at the station for Jinyoung and clenched your small suitcase starting to feel slightly cold. ‘Where is that stup-’

‘Stup-pendious Boyfriend?’ You felt his arms wrapped around you as you frowned.

‘Is that even a word?’ You moved away.

‘Obviously… I said it.’ He smiled but you just moved away.

The train you was getting was called as on time, which was only 10 minutes away, you quickly grabbed your case and took it hinting for Jinyoung to follow. Which he did. ‘Hurry we’ll be late.’

He smirked and walked next to you.

You got on the train and what seemed like forever you arrived at your stop, the train ride was silent… neither of you, whilst awake, acknowledged each other. Dragging your stuff off the train you saw a woman waving at you. You looked to Jinyoung and he smiled brightly towards her, his mother? ‘Omo, Jinyoung-ie… you haven’t been eating properly have you?’ She started poking his stomach and pinching his cheeks. ‘You lost so much weight.’

‘Omma, we only just got here, can’t you complain later.’ He smiled.

‘Okay… oh you must be you, omo your so pretty in person!’ She grabbed your hand then called out. ‘Appa, come and fetch the luggage.’ A handsome older male walked down the pathway and grabbed your suitcase, you would’ve worried if you didn’t catch a glimpse of his eyes, Jinyoung’s father for sure. ‘Hurry let’s get in the car.’ She pulled you along still firmly holding your hand and was really excited.

After another at least 30 minute journey you reached a small village/farm land. A few children were playing football outside and giggling, you smiled, the neighbourhood you lived in was huge and you could only play indoors or in your small garden. ‘It’s peaceful here.’ You said quietly.

‘Of course, Seoul will seem way overrated after staying here for a week.’ Jinyoung’s father told you.

‘So have you been in the countryside before?’ His mother asked sat next to you.

You shook your head. ‘No, this is my first time.’

‘You’ll love it!’ She smiled. ‘Jinyoung often tells me he misses it here.’

‘Omma.’ Jinyoung said sternly.

‘What? I’m just talking with your beautiful girlfriend.’

‘I know.’ He laughed slightly. Seeing Jinyoung act like this was rare he seemed nervous and excited all at once, you knew he must have missed it here. ‘We’re here.’ He said as the car stopped. ‘Oh, I’ve missed this smell.’

You smelt it too, it hit you a while back, the fresh, clean air. You giggled and now it was almost night, you couldn’t believe it. ‘Wah, it’s almost night time already.’ You looked at the nice sunset sky.

‘Common we’ll make some food and then you can have an early night, I have lots planned for your stay.’ His Omma announced I nodded and followed Jinyoung into the house.

You ate dinner and his Omma showed you to his room. ‘You can both stay in here, but Jinyoung can sleep on the floor. I already set out the bedding.’ She smiled. ‘Goodnight.’

Jinyoung’s mother left the room and you stared at each other. ‘Wanna play a game?’ He smirked at you.

You frowned. ‘I’m not interested in your weird games…’

‘I meant maybe Rock, Paper, Scissors?’

You looked at him weirdly. ‘Rock… Paper… Scissors…’

‘Yes… shall we? But I think the loser should have a penalty… forehead flick?’ He smirked.

‘I knew it wouldn’t just be for fun!’ you pouted. ‘Okay… why not. I’m good at this.’

‘Rock, Paper, Scissors.’ You said in unison.

Jinyoung: Scissors

You: Rock

‘Yay!’ You smiled. ‘Close your eyes…’ And he did happily taking his punishment like a man. You flicked him as hard as you could.

‘Ouch!’ He wept.

He opened his eyes and once again. ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors.’

Jinyoung: Paper

You: Scissors

… And so it carried on you winning and Jinyoung loosing, after a few more rounds you realised his pattern and ‘took one for his man pride.’

Jinyoung: Paper

You: Rock

‘Finally!’ He smirked. He looked at you and his smile became more evil. ‘Close your eyes.’ So you did and then your face tightened.

Jinyoung moved in close and moved his hand up to your forehead. He practiced his flick then held in is position, the he looked at your trembling eyelashes, Was she scared? He thought to himself, then a smiled reached his face, he closed his eyes and soon you felt something on your mouth. You opened your eyes to see Jinyoung close to your face with his eyes closed. You realised he was kissing you! ‘unn.’ You tried to stop him, then he moved away opening his eyes smiling.

‘Don’t lose again or else… It’ll be more than just a kiss.’ He winked and you felt yourself blush.