Brother

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Shin Jae’s POV

 

“So, you’re saying that you have a what?”

 

“An older brother. What’s wrong with you?”

 

“Nothing. You seemed like an only child.” He seemed like a spoiled brat at first. Seriously?

 

“Do you want to meet him?” He offered me. Well, right now we’re here at the park, eating ice cream. It’s a bright Saturday afternoon and I have nothing to do.

 

“Okay!”

 

 

**

 

 

As we were walking towards his house, which is a little far, I asked him a question that made him stop.

 

 

“Bacon, are you and your brother in good terms? You know, like what I see in movies and dramas. Brothers that have a lot of skinship, and also a secret handshake or fistbump or whatever they do when they meet. Something like that?”

 

 

Silence.

 

 

“Well, Shin Jae. We’re nothing like the ones you see. Actually, we’re kind of like not-in-good terms. Although I try to make things better, I don’t know why but…” he just let out a deep sigh. He must be frustrated. That’s why I held his hand.

 

“Don’t worry, Bacon. I’m sure you’ll be in good terms someday. I can feel the time nearing.” He looked at me and I smiled and winked at him. He immediately smiled and I can tell that his mood got better. He even pinched my cheeks!

 

“I’m so lucky to have you.” I blushed at his words and we just continued walking hand in hand.

 

 

A few moments later and I can see their house on the way. And not only that, I felt his hands getting sweaty.

 

 

“Are you that nervous to just see him?” I asked jokingly.

 

“It’s not that. I’m worried about you. He’s a bit rude and his attitude is really like a rebel.”

 

“Oh don’t worry. I have two evil stepsisters at home. I’m used to that kind of treatment.” Then I remembered Jung Hae. Oops, sorry.

 

 

**

 

 

“Jonghyun hyung?” Baekhyun went upstairs and knocked his brother’s door. Meanwhile I waited in their living room. After a few moments a slightly older version of Baekhyun appeared. Wow.

 

“What is my brother’s girlfriend doing here?” His voice is deep and scary. It’s intimidating. I felt shivers.

 

“Oh, uhm, hello…Byun Jonghyun-ssi.” I bowed my head to show politeness but he was just looking at me.

 

“Hyung, don’t scare her,” Baekhyun said while playfully punching his brother in the arm. His brother gave him an intimidating look as well, so Baekhyun went to my side and put an arm around me.

 

“So. This is my girlfriend, Lee Shin Jae. Princess, meet my brother, Jonghyun hyung.”

 

“You haven’t answered my question, Shin Jae-ssi. I repeat, what are you doing here?”

 

“Oh, uhm, I just want to meet you, sir. You really look a lot like Baekhyun.” That was enough for an answer, wasn’t it?

 

“Is that so?” He sounded like I said something wrong. Just then his eyes landed on the couch. “Let’s take a seat, shall we?” On which we all complied. Baekhyun sat next to me and he held my hand, squeezing it lightly.

 

“My brother here, Baekhyun, is someone who you shouldn’t be with.” That went fast. My face showed complete shock at his words.

 

“W-Why so?”

 

“He’s stubborn. He’s not a good guy. He’s a complete show-off in front of you so you’ll fall for him, and in the end, mark my words, he’ll leave you for another girl.” My brows creased. What’s with this guy?

 

“Hyung, don’t—“

 

“I’m sorry to say sir but you’re wrong. Baekhyun is not a show-off like what you’re saying. He has a kind heart who gives toys to children in the orphanage. He strives hard to reach his goals and does his best in everything he works on. He knows his goals in life and that is to be a singer. When he wants to get something, he’ll work really hard on it, just like how he did with me. I understand that you’re mad at him because of family issues, but you didn’t have to go this far in saying bad things about him especially if all of those are lies. If there’s someone here who has bad qualities, I’m sorry to say sir but I think it’s you.” I stood up from my seat and grabbed my things. “Baekhyun, I know that it’s rude, but can we leave now?”

 

 

**

 

 

As soon as we left the door, Baekhyun pulled me into a tight hug.

 

 

“You know what?” He started as he placed his chin on my shoulder. “Those are the words that I’ve been dying to tell him. I didn’t have the courage to say them. But you…” he let go of me and held my shoulders. “You don’t know how relieved I feel. Thank you, Shin Jae.”

 

 

We spent the rest of the day together until then.

 

 

**

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

As soon as I got home, I saw my brother waiting for me. What is it this time?

 

 

“Baekhyun. Listen to me.” I gave him a stern look. He must be surprised. “That girl is not good for you. Did you see the way she disrespected me?” I stopped my tracks and faced him.

 

“Yes, I saw everything. I was right beside her when it happened. I know that what she did is wrong, but I think it’s time to wake up, hyung. I know you hate me a lot, but I never hated you back all these years. It wasn’t my fault that Father chose me. I haven’t even done anything. I didn’t choose this in the first place. If you really want to handle the company, go and prove yourself, not throw your on me.” I held my breath. It’s finally time to say these words to him. “Good night, hyung.”

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

 

So that’s what it’s like. To have someone influence you.

 

 

That girl, Lee Shin Jae. She really is something, huh? My little brother changed a lot. He’s not that little kid anymore. He’s now a grown up man who knows what is wrong and right.

 

 

Lee Shin Jae, you’re really the right one for my brother.

 

 

Just one more test. I hope you do well.

 

 

**

 

 

Hello :) It's been a long time, hasn't it? Sorry it took that long. Why was I inactive? School + Graduation + College preparation + Writer's block.

 

 

But anyway, if you guys are still there, thank you for supporting. I've always been thankful to you. I couldn't do this without your support throughout and I hope you keep supporting. Thank you :) *huuuugs*