The Fight and The Battle

Another ShinJaeRella Story

The title seems like it's the same thing, but in this chapter, the two are different. Just read and find out, okay? ^^

 

**

 

Byun Baekhyun and I are here in the practice room that we went to last time. The competition is two weeks away, and we’re almost finished with the routine.

 

 

“You did well today,” he said. He grabbed a bottle of water and handed me one, too. I looked at him weirdly.

 

“I didn’t put poison there. Come on.” There goes his grumpy side again. I accepted his offer and drank immediately.

 

 

We left the room and walked home. For some reason, being with him became normal to me. We’re always like this. If we have time, we practice for the dance because he insists and I can’t say no because it’s for my own good, too. And besides, I don’t want to be a burden to him during the competition.

 

 

He seemed so hardworking. He has this serious face that sometimes gets into his face if we dance. I wonder if he likes what he is doing.

 

 

And so I talked about it.

 

 

“You seem to like performing.” He didn’t respond and just walked quietly beside me. Okay, that was embarrassing.

 

 

We passed by the food stand again and we bought ddeokbokki because we were hungry. We resumed the walk after that. After he finished his ddeokbokki, he started humming a song.

 

 

“’Cause there’s you and me, and all of the people, and I don’t know why but I can’t keep my eyes off of you~” It was faint but I can tell that he quite sang it beautifully. (A/N: Do you guys know the song? It’s an English song. You and Me by Lifehouse. It’s a nice song, try listening to it. :D I decided to use some English songs for the story and not Exo’s songs. I hope that’s okay ^^)

 

“You sing, too?” I asked.

 

“Oh shut up.” He rolled his eyes and I don’t know why but I laughed.

 

“What the hell is so funny?” He asked, quite annoyed.

 

“You seem embarrassed as I was asking, and your face is quite funny.” I laughed again.

 

“Seriously,” he mumbled.

 

“But your voice is nice. And you’re quite good at dancing, too.” Of course, I would be honest now, wouldn’t I?

 

“Yeah, whatever.”

 

 

We reached our houses and waved goodbyes.

 

 

But I wonder, though. Why does it seem like he wants to hide his talents?

 

 

**

 

 

We showed Miss Yoon the routine we’ve been practicing for quite a while, and she said it was great. She added some steps, too. And she added some twist to our dancing. She told us not to reveal it to anyone from the other sections because it will be our trump card for the contest. We will only show that to everyone on the day of the competition.

 

 

“Everyone did a great job! I’m proud to be called your adviser.”

 

 

And for some reason, my classmates became nicer towards her compared to the first time they met.

 

 

“Thank you, Miss Yoon. We’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

“Shin Jae-ya, are you busy again today?” Chanyeol approached me as we were packing things up.

 

“Well…” I looked at Byun Baekhyun, and he seemed to have no plans of practicing today. “Not really. Why?” He smiled widely after hearing that.

 

“Let’s get some ice cream.” And before I could respond, he grabbed my bag and brought it for me as he walked out of the room. I can’t do anything but to follow.

 

 

We arrived at the ice cream parlor and got something to eat. As we were eating, he started a conversation with me.

 

 

“You seemed so busy practicing these days.”

 

“I sure am. But I’m improving, right?” I smiled.

 

“You really did. Seems like you and your partner are quite coordinated.” Why does he say it like something’s wrong?

 

“You’re doing well, too.” I tried to change the topic, but failed.

 

“I really wanted to be your partner, Shin Jae-ya…”

 

“Well, we can’t do anything about that now, right?” It feels really awkward because Chanyeol seemed really sad today.

 

“We sure can’t. Why do you seem like you wanted that guy to be your partner all along?” My brows creased at his question. He sounded mad, and I’m really confused by his attitude right now.

 

“It wasn’t like that. I just accepted him because I can’t do anything since Miss Yoon decided about that. What’s wrong with you?” I tried to control my voice since we’re in a public place.

 

“So you’re letting him earn your trust that easily, huh? What if he wasn’t as nice as you thought? Don’t you remember the times that he humiliated you in front of everyone? Or made you cry? You’ll just forget about that now?” Now I’m getting mad.

 

“He isn’t doing anything wrong! And besides, he’s kind enough to be patient with me even if I’m not that great in dancing. He’s not bringing harm to me anymore. What are you so mad about?”

 

“I’m just protecting you! I can’t help but feel annoyed whenever you’re with him because I can’t help but think that you might be crying again. You’ll run to me again, with your eyes full of tears because of him. You’ll end up crying to me because of that jerk!”

 

“So you’re saying that all this time that I run to you during my problems, you actually thought I was a burden? You don’t want me to run to you? Okay fine! I won’t approach you anymore! I’ll just find someone willing to be a shoulder to cry on whenever I want to!”

 

“It’s not like that--“

 

“And I actually thought you’re different from them.” He became stiff after I spat out those words. I grabbed my things and left him there.

 

 

**

 

 

I went home and surprisingly, they didn’t scold me or made me do anything. We finished dinner, and I accomplished our home works and I got to lie down on the bed a lot earlier than usual. I sighed in relief. And then suddenly, my phone rang. I looked up and saw Chanyeol’s name on the screen.

 

 

I turned it off after that.

 

 

I sat up because I can’t sleep. I hugged my knees and bowed my head and started crying. All this time, he was judging me. He didn’t like me running to him. He doesn’t want me to cry to him anymore. I thought someone accepted me for who I am, but I was wrong. I was so wrong.

 

 

I glanced at my bedroom window and saw that Byun Baekhyun’s lights are still on. It’s quite late, but why is he still awake?

 

 

And I almost jumped in shock when his face showed behind the window.

 

 

He left but after a few moments, he came back with a paper and a pen.

 

 

Can’t sleep? He wrote.

 

 

Since I really can’t sleep, I decided to talk to him this way, too.

 

 

I can’t. You?

 

I can’t, too. Why can’t you?

 

Something happened.

 

What is it?

 

I thought we have boundaries? He seemed confused after I wrote this.

 

What boundaries?

 

About me being poor and you being rich.

 

Oh come on. Let’s just forget about that now. I laughed softly after that.

 

You won’t hurt me, right? I asked. He was stunned after that, but wrote something as a reply.

 

Do you trust me that much? Now I’m the one who’s stunned.

 

Just answer me first. Please…

 

I’ll try not to, okay? Sleep now. He waved goodbye and so did I. I looked at him as he turned off his lights. I kept the paper and pen and slumped myself to bed.

 

 

He said he’ll try not to hurt me. I don’t know why but I slept peacefully after that.

 

 

 

**

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

The next day came. I don’t want to go to school because of that fight. I don’t know what has gotten into me. I just really get annoyed whenever I see the two of them together. She’s smiling to him. She’s laughing with him. She dances with him. He gets to hold her hand and touch her with all his might, but I can’t.

 

 

And I never felt so hurt in my life.

 

 

It was break time, and I was about to approach her and try to fix things with her, but her seatmate asked her first.

 

 

“Want to get some food?” He asked. She smiled at him before answering.

 

“Okay. Let’s go.” They stood up. Her eyes met my gaze, and I saw a hint of pain. My chest hurt as I saw the two of them walk together like they’ve been friends for a long time.

 

 

I should be the one treating her to the cafeteria, not him. I should be the one who makes her smile, not him. I should be the one whom she wants to be with, not him.

 

 

And it was all because of my anger.

 

 

“Feeling jealous, are we now?” Someone asked me. I looked at the person who spoke and saw Jongdae, Baekhyun’s friend.

 

“Shut up.” I walked away.

 

 

But I admit, he’s absolutely right.

 

 

Jongdae’s POV

 

 

I was about to go to the cafeteria with my bestfriend when I saw him with that girl. And I can’t help but smile.

 

 

I looked up some information about her, and I found out about her real situation.

 

 

But that’s okay, since she’s turning eighteen and she’ll get her inheritance. She’ll finally get away from her evil family members, or should she even consider them as her family?

 

 

I don’t know why but she remained kind as if nothing happened. I observed her every move since the day I told her to stay by Baekhyun’s side. I realized that she’s been enduring the pain all along. How can she even manage to do that?

 

 

So in short, I was stalking her. Why?

 

 

Because her father asked me to.

 

 

Yes, Lee Shin Jae’s father is alive all this time. He is hiding somewhere for a reason. The right time will come and she’ll get to meet him again.

 

 

Just then, I saw her bestfriend staring at them as they went. I knew that this guy liked her since they were young. And not only that. I also know that Shin Jae likes her back.

 

 

And I can’t help but feel amused by the situation now.

 

 

I wonder what will happen. Who will she choose in the end?

 

 

But let’s not think about that for now. Because the battle had just begun.

 

 

**

 

 

So the fight = Chanyeol and Shin Jae's fight. Battle = the one Jongdae talks about ^^

 

 

Sorry I wasn't that active because we were really busy this week. So I decided to make one again today, and I'll try, too, tomorrow ^^~ Thank you everyone! Hope you're enjoying so far. Just comment anything, and I'll be happy about reading your thoughts, okay? Saranghaeyo~ ^^ *huuugs*

 

 

And, btw, I am a co-author of the story Goodbyes and Promises. I'm collaborating with sehunxexoo. ^^ Click here to read! We'll really appreciate that ^^~ Thank you everyone! She has other stories, too. So check her profile out! ^^