Hurt

Another ShinJaeRella Story

“Next time you make breakfast, make sure you don’t use the same dishes every day.”

 

“And try to move a little fast, won’t you? You’ll get us late for class.”

 

“Just because you were transferred to the special section…aish.”

 

“How did you even get there? Did you work on something at school and that was your payment?”

 

“Or maybe you just want to seduce Byun Baekhyun.”

 

“Girls, that’s enough. You’ll be late now.” My stepmom motioned them to the car and they left as I did the dishes. It’s an early morning, and all they do was bully me and make me realize that I’m just a poor girl being fed by them. They remind that I’m just a nobody. I’m just someone who isn’t worth something.

 

“And you, hurry up. I don’t want to see your face in this house.” And as always, my stepmom is even crueler than her own daughters.

 

 

I went to school a bit late so I headed to my room as I was running fast. I bumped into someone and she looked mad at me.

 

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I was late and--“

 

“Do you think your sorry can make any difference? Huh?” She looked at me with those beautiful pair of eyes but they look like they’re going to kill me.

 

“Then what do you want me to do?” I answered back, raising my tone because I don’t tolerate this kind of bullying.

 

“Go away, you .” That word is what I don’t want to hear the most. My hand rose up instinctively, and I was about to punch her when someone held it.

 

 

And it was none other than Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

“Stop. We’ll be late now.” He pulled me away.

 

 

I was expecting to arrive at our classroom but no, he pulled me somewhere quite far and there are no people here.

 

 

“I thought we’ll be late if--“

 

“How dare you try to hurt her!” he shouted at me. What? Now I’m the one at fault?

 

“Excuse me? I was just defending myself back there!”

 

“I saw it! You were going to punch her if I didn’t arrive earlier. Oh God, how dare you hurt that fragile woman!” He looked so frustrated I wanted to punch him as well.

 

“What is it with you? You don’t even know the whole story! Who’s that girl anyway?”

 

“’That girl’? ‘That girl’?!” he shouted. “That girl back there is none other than Kim Taeyeon!”

 

“So? She started it, so why are you defending her right now, huh?”

 

“You don’t know anything so shut up.” Now I’m getting frustrated, too!

 

You don’t know anything so you shut up! Listen, I bumped into her and I said I was sorry but she wasn’t contented. So she started bullying me and I just can’t tolerate that now, can I?” I’ve been bullied in the morning table, and now I’m being bullied, too. What a life.

 

“You’re not even worth anything! How dare you stand up and fight her! You’re just a poor girl who just came here because of a damned scholarship, and you get yourself a fight among the rich ones? I can’t believe you.” Those words made my heart sink. I don’t know.

 

 

Maybe because I thought he was different.

 

 

Maybe because I thought he will protect me like what he did yesterday.

 

 

Maybe because I hoped so much it broke my heart in a million pieces.

 

 

And I have no right to feel this way.

 

 

I can feel my tears. I lowered my head and sat down on the floor. I heard footsteps, and as I looked, Byun Baekhyun is going far.

 

 

Far away from me.

 

 

Not even caring a single thing.

 

 

**

 

 

I realized the time and oh boy, I was already 10 minutes late on my first class. I rushed to the school building and I almost tripped on the stairs. Why does this school have to be so big?

 

 

As I arrived at our floor, I saw my bestfriend come out of the door with his eyes looking big as if he was worried.

 

 

“Chanyeol!” I called.

 

“Shin Jae-ya! Where were you?” he ran into me as fast as he could.

 

“I...uh…I woke up late, so I got late. Look, my eyes are swollen, too.” I pointed. Oh, what a good excuse, Shin Jae.

 

“I see. Miss Yoon asked me to look for you, and God I was so worried.” He held my face and he wiped my cheeks with his fingers.

 

“Oh no. Don’t tell me someone bullied you again? Your cheeks are dried with tear stains.” And just then my tears started to form again. He pulled me away and brought me to our secret place.

 

 

**

 

 

“Just what did I do wrong, Channie? Just what?” I asked in between sobs. I told him the whole story and I can’t help but cry.

 

“Didn’t you know? Kim Taeyeon was Byun Baekhyun’s ex-girlfriend.” My swollen eyes widened. What?

 

“They were together? As in together?” I asked with disbelief.

 

“It happened during sophomore year. But they broke up with the reason still remaining a mystery to everyone.”

 

“He still loves her, don’t you think?” I asked.

 

“Based on your story, I bet he is.”

 

I let out a laugh. “I can’t believe that a jerk and a became a couple.”

 

“I thought you don’t want to hear the b word,” he said.

 

“You’re right. But I want to say it, though. She deserves it. She called me one.” Chanyeol laughed at my remark.

 

 

We didn’t attend the first class anymore. But I didn’t feel guilty. Instead, I felt so much relieved because my bestfriend comforted me after what happened earlier. God, I love this man so much.

 

 

It has always been like this. I’ll always run to him if I have problems, and he always protects me like a prince. There are times when I wanted to say how I feel, but I think our friendship is even more important than that. I’ll save my confession some other time.

 

 

“It’s almost break time. I’m hungry now, Shin Jae-ya. Let’s eat.” He stood up.

 

“I…I don’t have money. I’ll just head back to the room.”

 

“I’ll treat you. Now come on.” He pulled me but I pulled back.

 

“No. Everyone will see it and they’ll just talk about me again.”

 

“Ah Shin Jae-ya. Stop being like that. Since when did you care about other people’s opinions?”

 

“Okay, if you insist, then I’ll go with you.” He flashed his toothy smile after that.

 

“That’s my ShinJaeRella!” He put an arm around me.

 

“Thank you, ChanYoda.”

 

 

**

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

“I saw what happened earlier,” Jongdae teased.

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Someone hasn’t moved on yet~” He continued.

 

“Why am I even friends with you?”

 

“Because I’m still with you even when everyone left you.”

 

 

What he said was right. I had friends before, but right when after Taeyeon and I broke up, I changed. They all left me, but Jongdae was always there. He didn’t give up on me when everyone did.

 

 

“Aww, you’re touched by me, right?”

 

 

And sometimes he’s just annoying as hell.

 

 

“Let’s eat.” We walked to the cafeteria. There was a long line for the food, and I don’t like waiting.

 

 

I smirked when I noticed that all of them are girls. When they saw me, they immediately moved so I can go in front of the line.

 

 

“Thank you, girls.” I winked at them. They all squealed. Alright.

 

 

After Jongdae and I had our food, I saw an unoccupied table and immediately sat down. Jongdae did the same. We were eating when a few tables from ours, I saw my damned seatmate. I smirked. I stood up with a plate of curry on my hand.

 

 

I walked closer and pretended that I tripped, and I spilled the curry on her uniform.

 

 

All the students are now looking at her, and I know she didn’t like that much of attention.

 

 

“Sorry,” I said. She looked at me with those angry eyes, but I saw that they’re sparkling like she’s going to cry. And also, her cheeks are stained with…tears?

 

“Shin Jae-ya, let’s go,” her friend said before I could examine her whole face. That tall man named Chanyeol pulled her and put an arm protectively around her.

 

 

I went back to our table like nothing happened. Everyone did the same, but of course, Jongdae is different.

 

 

“Yah, why did you do that?” He whispered.

 

“She bullied Taeyeon.”

 

“No, she didn’t.”

 

“Now what are you talking about?”

 

“I saw the whole scene. Taeyeon started it.” He told me the exact same thing that that girl told me earlier before I left her.

 

“Now you’re on her side?” I asked angrily.

 

“I’m not. It’s just not right to hurt a girl like that and embarrass her in front of everyone.”

 

“So you are on her side.”

 

“Ahh forget it Baekhyun-ah. Just this: if someone did that to Taeyeon, what would you feel about it?”

 

 

I did not answer his question. I walked out of the cafeteria. Why the hell is my best friend going on her side? She’s just a nobody here, and all she had is her bestfriend. Like I care, anyway.

 

 

**

 

Shin Jae’s POV

 

“Are you sure it’s okay for me to wear this?”

 

“Of course. You don’t have anything else now, right?” Chanyeol lent me his jersey shirt and I had my jogging pants. The shirt is too big for me, but I’ll deal with it anyway.

 

 

As I went out of the Girls’ CR, I saw him waiting for me.

 

 

“It looks good on you,” he said with a smile.

 

“It’s too big, but thanks, ChanYoda. You’re the best,” I said and I hugged him. I blushed when I realized I’ve been hugging him for too long.

 

“Ah, Shin Jae loves to hug me~” he teased. I just laughed at him but my cheeks are turning red. He put an arm around me and we walked together.

 

 

As we were walking, I saw Byun Baekhyun at the end of the hallway. He was staring at my shirt. He was staring at Chanyeol’s arm. He was staring at us. He was staring at me.

 

 

Chanyeol saw him as well and I don’t know why, but he put his arm around my waist.

 

 

And me?

 

 

I walked past him without giving a look.

 

 

And not caring even a thing, just like what he did to me earlier.

 

**

 

Shin Jae got bullied a lot today, right? I'm so mean I wrote things like that. I even imagined it if it happened for real and....hahaha I just can't.

 

 

Anyway, thank you for supporting! :) I made an update today because I have nothing to do. And hopefully, I can update tomorrow, too. I'll see if there's time. ^^

 

 

Thank you to the people who upvoted, subscribed,commented and even just read silently! Hahaha! I love you all no matter what! *huugs*