Lucky

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Sorry it took so long! :( This chapter's kinda sweet? :)) Hope you enjoy! :D

 

 

**

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

“No. I don’t want to, dad.”

 

“But son, you’re the only one who’s capable of—“

 

“How about Jonghyun hyung? Dad, I’m just in high school. Do you think I can handle the company and run it smoothly?”

 

“Your hyung is in the states—“

 

“Then bring him here! He’s no doing anything there—“

 

“Listen to me, will you?” My dad’s powerful voice boomed. “Jonghyun doesn’t want to do it, and I have no other choice but—“

 

“Jonghyun hyung does want the company! You should give him a chance, dad.” I got my things and went out of the room.

 

 

I’m in the hospital right now. My father is confined, and he’s deciding on whom to give the company. Since we were kids, he was always telling me that I’ll follow his steps. I saw how my brother glared at me with eyes full of envy, and he’ll always tell me that I should learn my place. No matter how many times I’ve told him that I didn’t want it, he wouldn’t listen. He’ll blame me for something I didn’t do. He hated me to his guts, but I still love him as my brother.

 

 

I went to school after that talk. I looked forward to seeing my girlfriend. I smiled. The mere thought of Shin Jae being my girlfriend makes my day. I can’t believe things will come to this. I never knew. But who cares, I’m happy now.

 

 

I arrived at our classroom 10 minutes before class. As soon as I stepped inside the door, I looked for the pretty face that I saw just last night. I found her seated already, reading a book with her eyes focused. How cute.

 

 

“Good morning,” I muttered. She looked up from reading and flashed her sweet smile.

 

“Good morning.” I sat down beside her.

 

“What’s that?” I asked her. She looked at me, and looked back at the book again.

 

“A book, obviously.” I rolled my eyes. Seriously.

 

“I know, jeez.”

 

“Then why are you asking the obvious?” She teased. It’s too early in the morning, Shin Jae.

 

“I just want to talk to you,” I said. She blushed immediately and stuttered as she tried to talk.

 

“W-We’re already talking, idiot.” I laughed softly, much to her annoyance.

 

“What? Stop laughing.”

 

“I just find it cute when you turn red because of me.” She turned redder. Oh God, I laughed at how cute her face is. She continued reading her book, not sparing me a glance. I decided to more.

 

“Aigoo, I’m getting jealous.” She turned her head to me, with her what-the-eff face.

 

“What the hell, Byun Baekhyun?”

 

“My girlfriend gives a lifeless book much more attention than her own boyfriend~” She closed her book and hit me with it.

 

“Yah, someone might hear you!” She hissed. She kept her book inside her bag and decided to talk to me instead.

 

“What’s wrong with that? It’s not like having a romantic relationship with my seatmate is illegal.” She groaned. Her eyes rolled and saw that Miss Yoon is nearing our classroom, so we immediately arranged ourselves and prepared for homeroom.

 

 

**

 

 

Shin Jae’s POV

 

 

Break time approached in no time. We decided to eat together. I smiled, thinking it’s our first time to be this close to each other in school. It feels so special…

 

 

I went to the comfort room first. As I went out of the cubicle, I saw a group of girls retouching themselves. They saw me as well, and they raised their eyebrows.

 

 

“So you’re still alive, Lee Shin Jae.” They’re the group of girls who pushed me off the cliff. I didn’t want to make any more business with them, so I walked outside. As I was nearing the cafeteria, someone pulled my hair. I looked back and saw that they’re right behind me. One was about to slap me when someone held her wrist. I looked beside me and saw Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

“Enough,” was all he said. He held my wrist and pulled me back to our table.

 

“I don’t understand why they always pick on you.”

 

“Maybe because I’m poor.”

 

“Yah, that’s not—“

 

“That’s the reason why you hated me before, right?” I asked him. I’m not mad or anything, but I think that’s the cause behind it.

 

“Look, it’s not about being rich or being poor. Don’t mind them anymore, okay? I’ll make sure no one will bully you anymore.” I smiled at his sincerity. I really love this guy.

 

“And how are you going to do that, mister?” He held my hand and stood up abruptly, which made the other students look at us.

 

“Everyone, listen.” With just one command, all the other students looked at our direction. I immediately bowed my head, not wanting this kind of attention.

 

“To those who’ll try to hurt this girl in any way,” he held my hand tighter and pointed at me. “I’ll make sure that your face will never be seen again in this school. Do you all understand?” What the hell, they all nodded at him. This is kinda ridiculous.

 

“And in case you’ll ask, this girl is already my girlfriend.” Can the ground just swallow me whole and never bring me back? I blushed at his statement as all the other students looked at me. Okay, that was uncalled for.

 

 

I just continued eating my food while my embarrassment crept up my face.

 

 

My eyes caught a certain figure at the door of the cafeteria. He was about to enter, but Baekhyun made his announcement and his face showed a frown.

 

 

Chanyeol…

 

 

**

 

 

“Say, let’s go home together.” Oh God, I totally forgot about that. I’m living in Chanyeol’s place now. How am I going to say it to him?

 

“Why don’t we go eat ddeokbokki first?” I suggested. Please…don’t be mad at me, Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

As we bought our food, the vendor even congratulated us when he found out that we’re already a couple.

 

 

“Took you long enough to realize,” he said. In celebration of our relationship, he gave us 3 portions for free, on which got my boyfriend’s heart.

 

“Thank you, kind sir. We’ll repay you some other time.”

 

 

We decided to eat at a nearby park and sat on a bench. I’m getting nervous. How will I say it to him? Will he get mad? Of course he’ll get mad. Then can I just say it tomorrow? I am so not prepared for this.

 

 

“Baekhyun…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You see…I…uh…do you have a drink?” That wasn’t what I was going to say, ugh. Why is it so hard for me to say it?

 

“Oh, wait, I have bottled water. Here, take it.” He gladly handed me the bottle. I drank it, thinking of how to say it to him.

 

“So Baekhyun, I…I’m going to tell you something.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I…I…” I closed my eyes and breathed heavily. “I…want more ddeokbokki.” He laughed his off. Okay, why can’t I say it? Later we will have to go home. Think, Shin Jae, think.

 

“Okay, I’ll just go buy some.” He stood up and started to walk. After a few steps, I held him back by clinging onto his shirt.

 

“What?” He asked with a smile. “You love my shirt? Don’t worry, I’ll give it to you later.”

 

“Baekhyun…please don’t be mad at me.” He turned to face me, with a confused look on his handsome face.

 

“Why would I be mad at you?”

 

“I’m going to say something really important, okay? Just…let me do the talking first.” I gathered up all my courage and started. “I…I was kicked out of the house. Chanyeol saw this and…currently, I’m staying with him. So…I was just wondering if you’ll—“

 

“What?! Why didn’t you say so? You should’ve told me—“

 

“That’s why I’m telling it to you now, okay?” I sighed. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier. Are you mad?” I asked hesitantly. I looked him into the eyes, but I saw that his eyes are full of worry. No sign of hate or anger, just pure concern.

 

“Are you doing fine there?” He asked.

 

“I-I am…are you mad at me?”

 

“No. Why would I be mad at you? If there’s something I should feel right now, it’s concern, isn’t it?” He patted my head. “Do you want to stay there? Or do you want to stay with me?” My heart pounded. The mere thought of living in the same house as Baekhyun is making me nervous.

 

“I’d love to stay with you, but…” I looked away. “I think I’ll just stay with Chanyeol for now. His father knows me as well, so it’s much more comfortable.” I saw a hint of disappointment in his eyes, but he flashed me a smile full of love.

 

“Okay, if you say so.” He grabbed my backpack. “I’ll take you there, just tell me where it is.” I nodded and we started walking. As we were quietly walking down the street, I felt his hand bump into mine then he took it away. His hand brushed against mine many time, and his fingers are moving like he can’t control himself.

 

“Is something wrong with your hand?” I asked. He jumped a little in surprise because we’re just walking quietly.

 

“Ah, no. No. Nothing’s wrong.” He looked at the other direction and I saw him mumbling to himself, saying things like ‘control yourself, Byun Baekhyun’. I smiled as I saw how cute he was. I decided to give him a little present. I held his hand as we continued to walk. He looked at me, his eyes wide at the sudden skinship.

 

“I know you want this, Baekhyun.” I intertwined our fingers, not wanting to let him go. He showed me an eyesmile, the one that turns his eyes into small curves. What a cute boyfriend.

 

 

And I’m lucky that he’s mine.

 

 

**

 

 

Thank you to everyone who are supporting! :) Hello to new subscribers :D Hope you enjoy so far :) Comment about anything, that would be nice. Thank you again! ^^~