Reunion

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Double update for today since tomorrow's Christmas!~

 

**

 

Shin Jae’s POV

 

 

In ten minutes he’ll be here. I actually didn’t know what to do with myself until my sister Jung Hae went through my mind. She fixed my hair and put some make-up on me for an hour.

 

 

“There. You look elegant.” She smiled as she finished fixing my eyebrows, like an artist that finished his masterpiece.

 

“Show them that you won’t be a little bug that’s waiting to be squashed, okay?”

 

“Of course.” I smiled at her. I really love this sister of mine.

 

“Oh, and by the way.” She leaned closer to my ear. “Happy birthday, Shin Jae.” My eyes widened at her statement. Wow, she knew my birthday.

 

“Of course I’ll know. I’m your sister, you know?” I don’t know what to do so instead I smiled at her and I hugged her tightly.

 

“Consider the make-up as a gift.” She laughed and so did I.

 

 

Suddenly we heard a car beeping.

 

 

“Your prince charming’s here.” She winked at me and I blushed involuntarily. She didn’t have to say that!

 

“I’ll go home now, mom will notice.”

 

“Oh okay. See you, Jung Hae. Thanks for this!”

 

 

As I went downstairs, I saw Chanyeol watching TV. What a lazy man.

 

 

“Oh, Shin Jae-ya,” he welcomed me. “Wow, you look like a real princess. ShinJaeRella.”

 

“Nah, Jung Hae helped me.” I don’t receive compliments daily so…

 

“Here’s my gift.” He held a paper bag and passed it to me. “Happy birthday, Shin Jae-ya.” He flashed a sweet smile which set me at ease.

 

“I’m glad you’re back to your old self,” I said.

 

“Of course. Why didn’t you choose me instead? Ah~” He said playfully. Such and idiot, Chanyeol.

 

“You’ll find yours someday, don’t worry.” I glanced at the door. “Baekhyun’s waiting for me. See you later.”

 

 

“My princess~” he’s waiting for me like a real man, on which I found cute.

 

“Hey there, my prince.” I stepped inside their car and he followed after.

 

“Today, my brother is going home from America. Welcoming party.” I suddenly felt nervous. That means all of his relatives will be there, right? What if they won’t like me?

 

“They’ll love you, I promise.” He held my hand and gripped it, as if he read my thoughts.

 

“Don’t leave me alone later, okay? I’ll break up with you if you leave me.” He laughed at my statement. What? I’m just nervous.

 

“Alright, I won’t leave you.”

 

 

As soon as we stepped into their big mansion, only now did I realize that they have another building beside their house, and that’s where they launched the party. And not only are his relatives there but also CEOs from other companies. Baekhyun held my hand tightly like he didn’t want to let me go. I smiled.

 

 

“Oh, Baekhyun-ah! Long time no see!” An old man called out with a glass of wine in his hand. He’s sitting in a table for 10, and probably they are all Baekhyun’s relatives. “Who’s this girl?”

 

“I would like to introduce to you Shin Jae.” He put his arms around me. “My girlfriend,” he proudly said.

 

 

And what shocked me was that they all smiled at me.

 

 

“Father’s calling for me, I’ll talk to you later,” he said. I smiled and bowed to them for respect. I’m glad they liked me.

 

 

Baekhyun went to the table in the front, and his family is there. I saw his beautiful mother, alongside with his handsome father. There are three more seats unoccupied.

 

 

“Oh, Baekhyun-ah! Here, sit with us,” his mother called out. As soon as she saw me, her smile got wider. “Shin Jae, sit with us.” I gladly did.

 

“Wow dear, you look so beautiful. Like a precious jewel.”

 

“Thank you, Mrs. Byun.”

 

“You can call me mom,” she said.

 

“But—“

 

“Oops, no buts, it’s fine dear.”

 

“T-Thanks…mom.”

 

“There. Not hard, right?” I glanced at the other seat not occupied.

 

“That’s for our other son. He’ll be here soon.”

 

 

And what she said was right. Later on, I saw an older version of Baekhyun. I was seriously shocked. But what made him very similar to Baekhyun is that smug look on his face like when I saw Baekhyun for the first time. He sat down and now the table’s complete.

 

 

“Hyung, welcome back,” Baekhyun gladly said. His brother just ignored him. Are they not in good terms?

 

Baekhyun saw the look on my face and he immediately laughed…awkwardly. “This is Shin Jae, my girlfriend. I already introduced her to mom and dad.” His brother’s eyes are cold when they stared at me.

 

“From what family are you?” He asked me. What…

 

“Jonghyun, don’t scare her like that,” Baekhyun’s mother said.

 

“What? I’m just asking.” Suddenly Mr. Byun (Baekhyun’s father) went in front and made an announcement.

 

“First of all, I would like to thank everyone who came to this small party. I know everyone’s been busy in their own companies, but I’m glad you made time to attend here.” He smiled the same smile Baekhyun flashes when he’s thankful. “And not only this is a welcoming party but also…I’ll be announcing the next successor of our company.” Everyone’s ears perked up, even mine. I’m not into this kind of stuff because I didn’t grow up like them, but I’m curious on whom it’ll be.

 

“I decided to make my son, Byun Jonghyun, be the next CEO. I still don’t know when he’ll take over, but I’m going to start training him.” Everyone clapped at the announcement. I glanced at Baekhyun’s brother and I saw that he’s completely shocked. But his eyes…his cold eyes…it’s like they melted and they became warm.

 

“Congratulations hyung,” Baekhyun sincerely told his brother and even gave him a manly pat.

 

 

As we were eating, I suddenly excused myself to go to the restroom. Just then I saw someone familiar so I called him out.

 

 

“Jongdae?” He turned around and he smiled as he saw me.

 

“Hey there.” He approached me. “It’s your birthday today, right?”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“Someone wants to see you. Come with me,” he pulled me along as he spoke. Later on he dragged me towards the garden and I saw a man standing, his back facing me. Jongdae let go of my wrist.

 

“Happy birthday, Shin Jae,” he whispered then he hugged me tight. It was awkward but I hugged him back. Then he suddenly left me.

 

“J-Jongdae—“ I was about to turn around and chase him when the man spoke with a very familiar voice. A voice that I haven’t heard in years.

 

“Shin Jae…” I stopped and I froze. I turned around and faced the man who looks a lot like me.

 

 

My father.

 

 

“A-Appa?” I whispered in disbelief. Is it…really him?

 

He let out a sigh and his tears formed. “Shin Jae…” he repeated. “My daughter…”

 

I didn’t waste time. I rushed to him and hugged him tightly. “Where have you been? I thought…I thought…”

 

“It doesn’t matter now, does it?” He let go of me. He cried and cried and cried. “My little baby is all grown up now.” He caressed my face. “And I’m so proud of you.” I hugged him again, this time tighter.

 

 

We sat down on a bench for a few more minutes, and he told me everything. Wow, I didn’t know Jongdae was an orphan now.

 

 

“Where are his real parents?”

 

“He doesn’t want to go back to them anymore. It’s okay, right? If he lives with us?”

 

“Of course.” Wait, what? “We’re going to live together?”

 

“Yes.” I hugged him in delight. Finally…finally…

 

 

This is the best birthday I’ve ever had.

 

 

**

 

Finally Shin Jae and her father reunited! :) And happy birthday to our Shin Jae~ haha. Next update will be Baekhyun's birthday surprise for her~ it will be familiar ;)