You're My Star

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Shin Jae's POV

 

 

It was in the morning when my mind functioned properly for me.

 

 

I sat up and I winced when I felt my whole body hurt. Someone opened the door immediately and approached me.

 

 

"Shin Jae-ya! You're awake!" Chanyeol flashed me a toothy smile. "Does your body hurt so badly? Should we go to the hospital?" He asked with worry.

 

"Chanyeol-ah, we're in the mountains. How are we going to the hospital?" I asked that made him laugh.

 

"Good, you're back to normal." He sat beside me.

 

"Are you hungry?"

 

"I'm not. But my body hurts, though. I think I just needed to rest for the meantime. We'll go home at noon, right?"

 

"Oh, yeah. Did you pack your things up?" He looked at my things and saw that there were some clothes scattered. My cheeks burned and I held his face to make him look away.

 

"Yah, don't look at my used clothes. It's a girl's—“I stopped when I realized what I was doing. I was squishing his face and I held it quite close to mine. I let go as I spoke awkwardly.

 

“—thing...” I looked down and tried not to make an eye to eye contact with him but he held up my chin and smiled at me.

 

“Okay, if you say so,” he said teasingly, which made me blush more, if that’s even possible. I decided to change the topic so it wouldn’t be awkward.

 

“But hey, Chanyeol-ah, thanks for saving me last night.” He stiffened at my statement. Oh, right. I told him that...

 

“Just don’t mind the words I said. The fall must’ve been bad, and my mind was confused for a while. I think I was half-asleep that time.” I let out an awkward laugh but he didn’t say anything.

 

“Chanyeol?”

 

“Oh, yeah. I’ll just...go out for a while. Rest well so you’ll be good in no time, okay?”

 

“Okay.” He stood up and waved me goodbye as he closed the door. I looked outside and fascinated the view. The sun is shining again, and the birds are happily chirping. I noticed the broken fence. That must be the spot where I fell. I laid my head down as I thought of last night. Those girls...they tricked me. And I let myself be tricked, too. I thought they were different, but they’re just all the same. I sighed, and eventually, I fell asleep again.

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

 

Shin Jae thinks that I was the one who saved her. Why? What might have happened last night?

 

 

I scanned the people in the house and noticed no sign of that guy. I asked one of my classmates if he knew the whereabouts of Baekhyun.

 

 

“I saw him go outside since this morning. He looked awfully tired, you know. Maybe he went to get some air.”

 

 

I thanked him and walked my way out. I found him standing far away from us, but he’s still quite visible. He’s sitting under a big tree, with his eyes looking at nowhere in particular. I approached him with a confused look.

 

 

“What?” He asked, quite grumpy.

 

“You didn’t tell her.” It was more of a statement rather than a question.

 

“Tell who what?”

 

“You didn’t tell Shin Jae that you were the one who saved her life. What are you trying to do?” I asked, quite angrily.

 

“I...I just didn’t want to tell her.” He looked confused as well, which made me furious.

 

“Something happened last night, and you choose to lie? Are you out of your mind?”

 

“Will you quit it? My head aches so badly and you interrupt my rest time! And you’re out of what happened between the both of us last night, okay?” Now he’s mad as well. I pulled him so he stood up and I wanted to punch him but I controlled myself. Shin Jae wouldn’t want this. She wouldn’t want me fighting with anyone. He pulled himself out of my hands, and looked at me with an angry pair of eyes.

 

“What the is your problem?!”

 

“Shin Jae doesn’t deserve someone like you.” His fists clenched.

 

“Then does she deserve someone like you?” I got taken aback. I was speechless, and he smirked.

 

“We both know who she likes. Why are you getting so mad?” He asked that made me stiff. I spoke after a few moments.

 

“As her best friend, I wanted to protect her and bring her happiness. But as of now, that’s not what I think you are doing.” I stepped back. “If you hurt her again, I swear I’ll make sure she’ll never see you again.” And I left him there.

 

 

As I walked back to the cabin, I saw the group of girls that hurt Shin Jae. My nostrils flared. I approached them and they immediately stopped.

 

 

“Ch-Chanyeol oppa—“

 

“Why did you do that to her?” I asked angrily.

 

“We-We weren’t—“

 

“Answer me!” I hissed, not wanting Miss Yoon to hear me again.

 

“We didn’t want to hurt her. Someone just asked us to do it.” They trembled in fear. I’m still not convinced.

 

“Who? Who asked you to do it?”

 

“They said that we should not reveal—“

 

“Who’s ‘they’?!” I growled.

 

“We-We’ll get in bigger trouble if we say it. Please leave us alone, we’re sorry...” They started to tear up. That’s when I knew I got overboard. Out of all things, what I hate seeing is a girl cry, especially if it’s because of me. I said sorry and left them there.

 

 

Shin Jae’s POV

 

 

We were back home in the afternoon. As I stepped inside the house, my mother immediately bombarded me with a lot of chores. I can’t say no, even though my body hurts. They’ll scold me, and I wouldn’t want that.

 

 

As they were done eating dinner, I washed the plates they used. I waited for some chores, but luckily, they seemed like they didn’t want me to do anything now. I immediately slumped myself on bed. I changed my clothes first and washed up, on which I had difficulties because I’m wincing and I can’t move properly. As I was about to sleep, my phone buzzed.

 

 

From: The Monster

Still awake?

 

 

I managed to let out a soft laugh. I named Byun Baekhyun as The Monster in my phone, since he was awfully rude to me. Was. I smiled. It was in the past, and now he’s becoming an angel. Not fully, maybe slightly. But at least, he’s unconsciously transforming.

 

 

An angel that I can’t help but love.

 

 

To: The Monster

Why?

 

 

From: The Monster

Look out your window.

 

 

I sat up from my bed and glanced outside. There he was, looking directly at me while waving his hands and smiling. What the hell, I found it really cute.

 

 

“Why are you still awake?”

 

“I can’t sleep, that’s why.” He rolled his eyes at my answer. Of course.

 

“Right, I knew that.” I remembered that he gave me a stuffed toy, so I got it and showed it to him.

 

“Look at him,” I said, quite proudly. He smiled.

 

“How did you know it was a boy?” He asked.

 

“He has no ribbon. So that makes him a boy.” He laughed, and so did I.

 

“Are you free on the 6th of May?” He asked me, quite hesitant.

 

“I’ll see. Why?”

 

“Uh…nothing. Just asking. Hope you’ll make it, though.” I was thinking on why he was asking me to be available on that day, and I blushed as my thoughts ended up on thinking that he’s asking me for a date. I immediately blushed and I put the stuff toy in front of my face to hide it. But it was no use. He was looking up at the sky while smiling.

 

 

Oh, how I love that smile.

 

 

“The stars are so nice, don’t you think?”

 

 

“They look pretty,” I said while I looked up at as well. The stars seem to be sparkling tonight.

 

“People say that stars make wishes come true. Just say it, and they’ll grant it for you.” He looked at the blinking lights dreamily. It was as if he firmly believes those words, and he wishes to them every night.

 

“Really? Then shall we make a wish?”

 

“Sure. I’ll make one right now.” He closed his eyes and I saw a slight movement of his eyebrows. I let out a soft laugh and decided to make a wish, too.

 

 

Please make him happier.

 

 

I smiled as I thought of my wish. As long as he’s happy, then I’m happy as well. It’s all that matters.

 

 

With one final sigh, he opened his eyes and a contented smile flashed through his face.

 

 

“What did you wish for?” I asked.

 

“Nah uh, can’t tell you,” he teased.

 

“What? Why not?”

 

“Because it won’t come true if you reveal it to anyone. The wish is kept a secret between you and the stars,” he said.

 

“Alright.” I smiled as I remembered something. “I have a say about stars, too.”

 

“I’m not interested,” he teased.

 

“Yah, I listened to your stupid wish-making thing so listen to mine, too.”

 

“I’m kidding, okay?” He said. I smiled before I spoke again. I looked up the sky and took a good view.

 

“I believe that stars are up there because they serve a very simple but meaningful purpose. They stay up to give us light and to guide us along the dark night. And whenever we feel sad or terrible or our thoughts ramble, all it takes is one tilt of the head and there, you can see them twinkle beautifully that takes all your worry away.” I let out a chuckle. “Stars are nice, don’t you think?” I asked as I looked at him.

 

 

I blushed when I realized that he was looking at me the whole time I was speaking. He was smiling at me, and I smiled as well.

 

 

“Yeah, they’re nice.” He turned around and faced me again. “It’s getting late, we should sleep now.” And I couldn’t agree more. I turned my back and headed to my bed, but before I can finally leave, he called me again and spoke.

 

“Shin Jae, you’re my star.” He closed the curtains and turned off his lights after that.

 

 

I smiled after I heard those words. I don't know if he was thinking what I'm thinkg but...

 

 

Baekhyun, you’re my star, too.

 

 

**

 

 

Sorry I haven't updated like I promised! :( Whenever I try to make one, my mind won't function properly, maybe because I was always too tired after school. And today, I had an entrance examination for college again! And I think next week, I have one, too. Wish me luck! :)

 

 

So how's this one? Sorry if it was crappy, I tried my best >< I promise to make it up to you guys whenever I'm available or I can make one. I'll try my best!

 

 

You can comment, upvote, or subscribe if you want. I'd love that. <3

 

 

Thank you for sticking with me even though I'm becoming crappy >< I'll do my best for everything! I love you all! <3 *huugs*