Feelings

Another ShinJaeRella Story

An update for everyone! Hope you enjoy and feel free to leave a comment! ^^~ Thank you :D

 

**

 

“Do you like that guy?” The question kept ringing in my head. It’s Saturday now and he asked me that last night. I know he refers to Chanyeol. I wanted to say yes, but why couldn’t I?

 

 

Don’t I feel that way anymore?

 

 

No. I love Chanyeol. He’s always been there for me, and he always protected me as if I was special to him, too. He isn’t embarrassed to be with me after all those criticisms, and I fell for him that way.

 

 

Right?

 

 

Why do I question my feelings? I’ve always been so sure of it. I even imagined my wedding day, and I see Chanyeol waiting for me by the altar. And together, we will face the Lord as we vow our love.

 

 

Don’t tell me…no. No. I don’t like him. I will never like him. He may be kind now, but I admit, his harsh attitude towards me in the past still hurts my heart. There’s no possibility that I will like Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

Just no.

 

 

**

 

 

Monday came. I was afraid to go to school. After I danced with Chanyeol, I smiled at his words. I blushed.

 

 

“You make me crazier.”

 

 

Was he thinking what I was thinking?

 

 

I was also afraid to face Byun Baekhyun. Not that I was afraid he’ll hurt me, but I was just embarrassed because I didn’t answer his question. Why was he asking in the first place?

 

 

“Good morning, Shin Jae-ya~” Someone cooed. I looked and saw my oh-so-handsome crush wearing his bright smile. As always.

 

“Good morning, Yoda.” I smiled. I felt good because he didn’t feel as awkward as I thought he would be. Everything is just like before, and I’ve never felt so calm.

 

“Yah, it’s a little early to tease me like that.” He glared at me and he wore a smirk. Oh no.

 

“Ha…I’m…sorry?” And I ran away, but I was no match to his long legs and big body. He caught up and started tickling my sides.

 

“Hahaha! Hahaha! Stop it now! Okay! I know I was-hahaha-wrong! Hahaha! Chanyeol!” I can’t stop laughing and moving. After I almost dropped my tears because of laughter, he finally stopped.

 

“Seriously, stop doing that without any warning.” I huffed, grasping for oxygen. That tickling got me tired.

 

“Where’s the thrill in that?”

 

“Uh…just stop it now. We’ll be late for class.” We got up and walked our way. We met my stepsisters along the hallway, and they just raised an eyebrow before walking again.

 

“They really hate you, huh?” Chanyeol commented.

 

“Yeah. But I’m used to it now.” I forced a smile.

 

 

The truth is, even if my stepsisters are mean, we were actually close when we were kids. After my father died, they started to drift away, and I don’t know why. I just missed those times when we were innocent and we don’t care about the world as long as we’re happy.

 

 

We arrived in the classroom just in time. We parted ways as we sat on our seats. I was being attentive to Miss Yoon when my seatmate nudged me.

 

 

“What?” I asked, quite annoyed because I’m listening carefully to the instructions.

 

“Do you have time later after school?”

 

“For what? I’m busy.”

 

“I just wanted you to accompany me to that ddeokbokki stand.” I raised my eyebrow. Seriously?

 

“Well, it won’t take long so I’m fine with that.”

 

 

Indeed, after class, we walked our way to the stand. I think Chanyeol got mad at me because he doesn’t want me being together Byun Baekhyun, especially when it’s just the two of us. But of course, he can’t do anything about it.

 

 

After we bought some, he looked like a happy kid that got rewarded by his mother for doing something good.

 

 

“This is seriously good,” he muttered. He actually bought 3 portions for himself only. Does he like it that much?

 

“And you didn’t want it at first,” I teased.

 

“Shut up.” I laughed.

 

 

We passed by a playground and decided to sit for a while since it’s quiet and there are no children playing. As I finished my food, I choked at the last bite. He was alarmed and said he will just buy me a drink. He left immediately. But after a few moments, I stopped coughing and it was okay already but he hasn’t returned yet. Just then a man approached me.

 

 

“Young miss, what are you doing here alone?” My eyes widened at his deep voice. He looked like a bad person, and I was startled by his sudden appearance.

 

“Hmm? Why aren’t you answering?” He grabbed my wrist and that’s when I started to squeal.

 

“Go away!” I tried to pull my arm back but he gripped more tightly. I flinched at the burning pain and I almost cried.

 

“Come with me. You’ll be happy, I promise.” He smirked. He held my other wrist, too. Now I have no way to fight back but kick him. I tried, but failed. He touched my legs and caressed them. My tears are becoming solid.

 

“Don’t touch me! Help! Someone help!” He laughed sarcastically at my plead.

 

“It’s no use, there’s no one here. No one’s going to rescue you…” he brushed a few strands of my hair and wiped my cheeks that are now stained with tears. I closed my eyes and shouted his name.

 

“BAEKHYUN!” Suddenly I felt myself being freed from those strong arms and I heard a loud thud. I opened my eyes and saw him.

 

 

Byun Baekhyun was in front of me, and he was huffing like he ran a marathon. His eyes are full of anger, and his fists are balled. He looked so mad.

 

 

“How dare you touch her!” I was shocked. He shouted at him like he had all the anger in this world. And suddenly he punched him again.

 

“That was a good punch, boy. But I’m stronger than you.” It happened so fast. The man’s fist landed on Byun Baekhyun’s face as well. He was taken aback, but he didn’t give up. They continued fighting like there’s no tomorrow. I closed my eyes and yelled.

 

“STOP! STOP IT NOW! Please…” I cried. The old man snickered one last time and walked away.

 

 

I opened my eyes and saw him with all those wounds. He looked like a gangster. I cried when I saw his wounded face. He looked so pitiful.

 

 

“Why are you crying? You’re safe now.” He patted my head. I don’t know why but I hugged him.

 

“I was so scared. I thought I’ll be harassed then and there. I thought you left me…” I continued crying. He was taken aback and he hesitated at first but he hugged me as well while caressing my back.

 

“Why would I leave you? And I rescued you already. Don’t cry now, okay?” He let go of me and forced a smile. I cried more because of that.

 

 

He flinched at the sudden movement of his muscles, and I actually forgot for a while that he’s been brutally hurt.

 

 

I called for a cab and went to his house. His nanny welcomed we once again, and as she saw Byun Baekhyun, her face was full of worries.

 

 

“The young master is hurt! Quick, get help!” She shouted inside. She helped me assist Byun Baekhyun inside up to his room. He sat up and didn’t move for a while. I went downstairs to get some ice.

 

“Would you like to be the one to cure him just like the last time?” His nanny asked. Oh, right. I also came here and brought him hangover soup before.

 

“Is it okay?” I asked.

 

“Of course. Here’s an ice pack and the first aid kit. Take care, Shin Jae-ya.” I smiled when she remembered my name.

 

“Thank you, ahjumma.” I bowed my head and went to his room.

 

 

**

 

 

“Ouch! That stings! Stop hurting that part!” He complained once again.

 

“You still have many wounds left to cure so stop flinching like a girl, okay? The pain will be worth it after all of this.” I placed the ice pack on the wound and he cringed again. And I just told him to stop moving.

 

 

After with the ice pack treatment, I got some things in the first aid kit and wiped his wounds. I placed a few band aids on some open wounds that might get infected and after that, I let him drink some painkillers.

 

 

“I’m sorry for earlier,” I suddenly realized.

 

“Sorry for what?”

 

“For causing you trouble. I should’ve just defended myself so you won’t get hurt like this.” I looked at his face again. He showed me a smile and touched my face.

 

“Remember the time when some girls bullied you at school? I just looked at you and told you that you deserved it, right?” I nodded. “Consider this as my payment for that sin.” I was speechless.

 

“But still…I can’t help but feel guilty after seeing your face like this because of me.” I lowered my head.

 

“You’ve done nothing wrong, okay? It’s my choice to fight and get beaten up like this because I wanted to protect you. Don’t feel bad.” I looked at him with my eyes dazed. Did he really say that?

 

“Thank you, Baekhyun.” He just smiled at me. He stood up and went to the comfort room. I took the chance to scan his room.

 

 

It was simple, just like any other boys’ room. It wasn’t as grand as I expected. I didn’t take note of the details the first time I came here and I only observed it now.

 

 

I saw the picture frames on his desk, and saw a picture of him and Kim Taeyeon. On the back was a note that read:

 

 

Happy anniversary, Baekkie! Let’s stay strong and be together forever!

 

 

My heart ached. They looked so happy in the picture, like they wouldn’t want to be without each other.

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I opened the door and saw her staring at a frame. It was my most treasured frame in the past. I don’t know why but it isn’t as special as it was in the past now.

 

 

“Oh, there you are.” She was startled by my sudden appearance.

 

“Yeah. Don’t mind that frame,” I said, rather coldly.

 

“Sorry.”

 

“It’s nothing.” We kept silent after that. I glanced at the time.

 

“Won’t you be scolded if you go home a little late?” Her eyes widened.

 

“Oh, right! I have to go now!” She got her things and ran outside my room. I laughed softly at her silliness.

 

 

I glanced at the frame on my desk once again. I smiled at the memory. It was our anniversary and she printed this as one of her gifts.

 

 

I sighed. I hid the frame in my drawer. Maybe I won’t need it anymore.

 

 

I glanced at Shin Jae running towards their house and I smiled. Maybe I’ll be with another girl the next time I put a picture in that frame.

 

 

Maybe with the girl that I’m starting to like.

 

**

 

The comments are starting to get high in number. Thank you people, I really appreciate comments even if they are only short and I always make sure to reply to each and every one of them. ^^ And if it's okay, you can upvote this story, too! I'll be really happy with that ^^

 

So any comments on this one? Go on, let's see about your thoughts in the story ^^~

 

And Goodbyes and Promises is once again updated! Click here to read and we (sehunxexoo and I) would really appreciate it if you leave a comment and upvote, too! ^^

 

And of course, don't forget my words of thanks! Thank you to everyone who are supporting this in any kind of way. I really appreciate that. <3 You guys are seriously the best! Saranghaeyo~ *hugs each and every one of you*

 

It's 10 PM here and I have school tomorrow. Annyeong~