A Perfect Date

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Hey! For those who read the previous updates, sorry but I have to hide them for now. It just came to me that.........things just happened too fast. Haha. So I decided to add more scenes before those things happen, okay? And yes, those things will still happen in the future. But not immediately, more ShinBaek fluff first~ haha.

 

 

Here's one. Enjoy! ^^~

 

 

**

 

Passenger Seat - Stephen Speaks [PLAY FOR BG MUSIC]

 

 

Shin Jae’s POV

 

 

“So...” He said.

 

“So...” I repeated.

 

“What are we going to do today?”

 

“I don’t know. You’re the guy, you should be the one—“

 

“Shin Jae, this is our first date. I’m really nervous right now. Like, really.” I stifled a laugh but it’s no use. He covered his face with his hands as I laughed at his words.

 

“Why are you nervous? It’s just me,” I said in between my laughs.

 

“That’s the thing. I’m with you, and my heart can’t stop beating rapidly because of your presence.” I was taken aback. Byun Baekhyun, you’re one sweet potato.

 

“Well, what did you plan for us today?” I asked, changing the topic.

 

“I wanted to watch a movie with you—“

 

“Okay, off to the movie theater we go!”

 

 

**

 

 

The movie we watched is a romantic one. Actually, all the movie being premiered are romantic, so we have no choice.

 

 

“Popcorn?” He offered. I gladly took some on my hand and ate them. We bought the biggest size so we can share. But for the drinks, well, that’s different.

 

 

In the middle of the movie, I suddenly felt cold.  I shivered due to the temperature, but not when Baekhyun removed his jacket and gave it to me.

 

 

“Here.”

 

“No, it’s okay. You’ll get—“

 

“Shin Jae.” His voice was firm. “I don’t want you to be sick.”

 

“But you—“

 

“I’m used to this. It’s fine.”

 

 

And I wore his jacket just like what he said. I kept glancing at him from time to time, and now he’s the one shivering.

 

 

I removed the jacket. It’s actually pretty big for his size. He was about to protest when I put the jacket to cover us both like a blanket.

 

 

“We can share it, you know?” I asked him while smiling.

 

“Yeah. That’s a better idea.”

 

 

And we just continued watching the movie.

 

 

**

 

 

“This mall’s rooftop is actually a garden. That’s why it’s famous and a lot of people go here.”

 

“Really? We should check it out.”

 

 

Wow. Just wow.

 

 

This is perfect.

 

 

“Do you like it?” He asked.

 

“I love it.”

 

 

 

 

Now I understand why a lot of people want to go here. It’s a place for people to relax, relieve their stress out, take time to think things, and calm themselves down.

 

 

Baekhyun and I found a spot at the corner. There’s actually a ‘picnic set rental’ booth. Of course, who wouldn’t want to go on a picnic right here?

 

 

I made a simple peanut butter jelly sandwich and gave it to him. In return, he made me lemonade. Surprisingly, his lemonade was delicious.

 

 

We stayed there to watch the sunset.

 

 

 

“You know, Shin Jae. I’ve been thinking...” he started. “How did you even like me? I was so mean to you.”

 

“Does that matter?” I felt my cheeks burn. Why is he asking that now?

 

“Just answer it.” I smiled for a while and decided to grant him his request.

 

“Well...I don’t really know how...or why I fell in love with you.” He scoffed. I let out a soft chuckle. “If I were to think about it, I think it started when I saw your soft side. That time when you first ate ddeokbokki.” His eyes widened and we both laughed. “It came to me like, ‘he’s not that bad after all. Maybe I should give him a chance’. And then things happened. And now here we are.” I turned to look at him when I realized he was looking at me. My smile got wider.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“Nothing,” he said playfully then he looked away. I just sighed at his action.

 

“How about you?” I asked him back.

 

“What about me?”

 

“Why do you like me? How did you even like someone like me? I’m weird, I’m not rich, and I have only one friend, a lot of people hate me. But you...”

 

“Shin Jae. What do you think is the main reason why you like me?”

 

“What? Why are you asking me again—“

 

“Just answer it, okay?” He smiled.

 

To summarize all the things I’ve said earlier...”I like you because...you’re being yourself. You are you. I like you the way you are, Baekhyun.”

 

“Exactly.”

 

 

It took me a while to process what he wanted to say.

 

 

"That's exactly the reason why I love you. Because you're Shin Jae. My Shin Jae." He caressed my face.

 

 

That's when it hit me.

 

 

“Yah, Shin Jae. Why are you crying?” He was startled at the sudden flow of my tears. He got his handkerchief and wiped my tears.

 

“Sorry for making you cry,” he apologized after I’ve calmed myself.

 

“It’s not that, Baekhyun.”

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“I just really, really love you.” He turned to me and he smiled, tears also forming in his eyes.

 

“I know,” he almost whispered.

 

 

He held my hand tightly as we watched the sunset. It was so beautiful.

 

 

Everything’s perfect.

 

 

I suddenly felt his eyes looking at me. I looked at his direction and he smiled wider. His face is inching closer...

 

 

Oh Byun Baekhyun, you kissing monster.

 

 

And I did it. I pulled him for a kiss.

 

 

**

 

 

Sorry for not updating for so long though. It's finally our Christmas break! I hope I can update more soon! :)

 

 

I really missed writing. Haha. And of course all of you.

 

 

You know.....I dreamt last night that this story got featured (O___O) I was seriously shocked. Haha. But who knows? Can you upvote it and comment more? So my dream will become a reality? Hahaha.

 

 

And how was this? It's only short, but I hope you liked it! Can you comment on how it went? 

 

 

Thank youuuuuu so muuuuuuuuuch for staying and bearing with me. Saranghaeyo~