Can I Have This Dance?

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Can't think up of another title. Haha. Sorry ^^ Anyway, enjoy! 

 

 

**

 

 

Just then the day of the competition came. It’s still in the afternoon and we can go to school after lunch hour. So we used that time to practice for the last time. After we’re done, my classmates distributed the costume since we have the same ones. We didn’t have to pay since a classmate of ours owns a clothing line (even if she’s young). I kept it at my locker first and went to get some food.

 

 

As I was about to enter the cafeteria, I saw Chanyeol waiting in line as well. He looked so tired after practicing, maybe because he has a big body and it’s kinda hard and heavy to move. I saw him look at my direction, and I immediately turned my back and walked away. I still can’t face him after what happened.

 

 

I was walking when I someone grabbed my wrist. It was Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

“What now?” I asked, quite annoyed.

 

“Come with me.” And before I could answer, he pulled me away from the people.

 

 

We arrived at the parking lot and to his car. His driver is waiting for us, and he opened the door as we went closer. I looked at Byun Baekhyun and he glared at me. So I just went inside and he followed suit.

 

 

While the car was making its way to the road, I managed to ask him some things.

 

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“To the mall.”

 

“What the hell are we going to do there? The competition is a few hours away and I can’t just go to the mall.” And I realized that I don’t have money, too.

 

“Just wait, okay? Stop whining because it’s annoying.” I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Really, I’m the one who’s annoying now?

 

 

We arrived at our destination and he immediately went out of the car. I can’t do anything but to follow him.

 

 

We walked by many shops and I noticed that we entered the clothing line that my classmate owns. We saw her and she smiled at us.

 

 

“What are you two love birds doing here?” I almost puked when she said those words.

 

“Do you still have some stock of our costume? She doesn’t have one, yet.” I looked at him with my mouth gaped open.

 

“Oh, sorry. He’s joking. I have one, I just hid it in my locker,” I apologetically smiled at my classmate. He turned around and looked at me with his face quite mad.

 

“Why did you even put it there? You know that anyone can have access since it doesn’t have a password and can be opened freely. Your costume was ripped to shreds by two girls that I don’t know.” Now I’m the one who’s shocked. And I have a feeling that those two girls are my stepsisters.

 

“Don’t worry, we still have some spare. I’ll just get them from the stock room.” She left us after that.

 

“How did you even know about that?” I asked him.

 

“I saw them. You already know that many people bully you but you’re still careless. Aish.” And you used to be one of them, too.

 

“Well, sorry about that,” I said sarcastically. “But thank you for warning me or I’ll humiliate myself again in front of everyone later.”

 

“Just watch out next time, okay?” He said. I smiled at his concern.

 

 

We got another costume for me and thanked my classmate for that. I thought we’re going back after getting a new set of clothes for me, but I was wrong. We went inside a salon for men and women and the lady seemed to know him.

 

 

“Baekhyunnie, what brings you here today?” Why does everyone seem to call him that?

 

“Please make her look like a person.” He pointed at me.

 

“Yah, I look like a person already. How mean.”

 

“We have a dance competition later, please do your best for us,” he said, ignoring my remark.

 

“Alright then. Let us work for you.”

 

 

A few hours later we were done. I was half-asleep the whole time and I don’t know what they were doing to me. I was about to really sleep when I felt a something brushing across my lips. Oh, they were putting makeup on me.

 

 

I decided to keep my eyes open since I wanted to know how I will look like. It’s my first time arranging myself like this, and I can’t help but feel curious and anxious about it.

 

 

As they were done, I cannot believe what I’m seeing.

 

 

“Is that…me?” I said as I pointed to the mirror. The girl in the mirror looked so pretty. It’s impossible.

 

“It’s you, my dear.” The lady that arranged me smiled at me encouragingly, and I smiled as well.

 

 

I looked around for Byun Baekhyun, and I was stunned.

 

 

He had his hair done up, and he put on a little amount of eyeliner that emphasized his eyes. He looked so stunning.

 

 

“How many times will I have to tell you to stop staring at me?” He said with a smirk. I kept quiet after that.

 

 

He checked the time and it’s only an hour before the competition. I immediately got my things and I was about to leave.

 

 

“Don’t you want to change your costume now? The competition would have started as we arrive later,” he said.

 

“What? I’ll be walking around wearing something like that? No way!”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll change, too. Let’s go.” And before I knew it, I wore the costume I just got a few moments ago.

 

 

We walked around the mall wearing our costume. He was walking confidently and he was a few steps ahead of me. He looked around and he saw me looking embarrassed.

 

 

“What’s taking you so long to walk? Don’t be ashamed just because you’re wearing that.”

 

“How could I not be ashamed? Everyone is practically looking at us, and I don’t like that much of attention.” He held my chin and tipped my head up.

 

“You look really beautiful right now, so don’t be shy, okay?” He flashed a sincere smile. My eyes widened at his act. And just then, I got the courage to walk with my head up high.

 

 

We arrived at the school just in time for our turn.

 

 

“The next performers will be the students from the special section. Let’s give them a round of applause.” I heard the clapping of hands after that. We went to the stage and started dancing.

 

 

The dance was going on smoothly. We managed to not make any mistakes.

 

 

Until the part that is supposed to be the twist.

 

 

The music started playing. From the ballroom dance, we simply switched to a slow dance for a twist in our dance number.

 

Can I Have This Dance (High School Musical 3). Play for some background music! ^^

 

I began singing the song. Maybe I got carried away by the feels.

 

 

“Take my hand. Take a breath. Pull me close, and take one step.”

 

“Keep your eyes locked on mine. And let the music be your guide.”

 

 

 I looked at his eyes as we were dancing, and I don’t know why but I was lost for words.

 

 

And he started singing as well.

 

 

“Won’t you promise me?”

 

“Now won’t you promise me, that you’ll never forget.”

 

“To keep dancing.”

 

“To keep dancing.” And we sang together.

 

“Wherever we go next.”

 

“It’s like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you.”

 

“’Cause one in a million the chances of feeling the way we do.”

 

“And with every step together, we just keep on getting better.”

 

“So can I have this dance?” I asked.

 

“Can I have this dance?” He asked me as well.

 

And in chorus, we sang, “Can I have this…dance?” Our eyes are still locked up with each other. He smiled before singing again.

 

“Take my hand, I’ll take the lead.” I gladly accepted.

 

“And every turn will be safe with me.” I know.

 

“Don’t be afraid, afraid to fall. You know I’ll catch you through it all.” Why does it seem like what he was saying was true?

 

“And you can't keep us apart.”

 

“Even a thousand miles, can’t keep us apart.”

 

“’Cause my heart is wherever you are…” I felt my heart beating after I sang those words. What is this feeling?

 

“It’s like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you.”

 

“’Cause one in a million the chances of feeling the way we do.”

 

“And with every step together, we just keep on getting better.”

 

“So can I have this dance?”

 

“Can I have this dance?”

 

“Can I have this…dance?”

 

“Oh…no mountains too high and no oceans too wide.”

 

“’Cause together or not, our dance won’t stop.”

 

“Let it rain, let it pour. What we have is worth fighting for.”

 

“You know I believe that we were meant to be…” Why does it seem like I wanted to believe that we were meant to be?

 

“It’s like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you.”

 

“’Cause one in a million the chances of feeling the way we do.”

 

“And with every step together, we just keep on getting better.”

 

“So can I have this dance?”

 

“Can I have this dance?”

 

“Can I have this dance?”

 

“Can I have this dance?”

 

“Can I have this…dance?”

 

 

We ended the song and I smiled at him. He smiled back at me as we were still looking at each other’s eyes. I heard a loud sound of clapping from the audience but I didn’t tear my gaze away and so did he.

 

 

Finally I felt it was too long so I was the one who retreated. We went to the backstage and everyone congratulated each other for a job well done.

 

 

**

 

 

Of course, with that twist, we won. We celebrated our victory party at someone’s house, and I told my stepmother and she seemed to be in a good mood so she allowed me. She just said that I should come home before midnight.

 

 

It’s my first time attending something like this. My classmates are now acknowledging me for a reason I don’t know, but one thing is sure: they are really kind. They didn’t bully me anymore, and I’m happy about that. Why does it seem like everyone around me is getting kinder?

 

 

I felt someone pull me towards a place where there are no people. I looked up and saw Chanyeol. My eyes widened and I immediately turned back. I was about to run but he got me first. He pulled me and wrapped his arms around me.

 

 

“I’m sorry…” his voice cracked. Is he…crying?

 

“I just wanted to protect you from harm, and sorry if I didn’t say it in a nicer way. Please, let’s bring everything back to the way it used to be.” I sighed and turned around to see him. I held his face as I spoke.

 

“That’s all I was asking for. Sorry if I shouted at you, too. Let’s just forget it, okay?” I smiled. He smiled with tears coming out from his eyes.

 

“Yah, why are you crying? I’m not mad anymore, okay?”

 

“I just can’t help but cry because I’m so happy that we are friends again. I promise not to do that again.”

 

“I promise, too.” We tangled our pinky fingers, just like we used to do.

 

 

We sat on a nearby bench. We’re at the garden and all the people are inside the house.

 

 

“Hey, I was just wondering if…uhm, are you tired already?” He asked.

 

“Not that tired. Why?”

 

“Want to…dance with me?” He said. I raised my eyebrow.

 

“Here? Now?”

 

“That’ll be fun and unique, don’t you think?” He flashed a toothy smile.

 

“Well, I think that’s okay since no one sees us.” I stood up to my feet. He opened his cellphone and the music started. He held my waist and held one of my hands and he stared at me.

 

Crazier - Taylor Swift. Play for background music ^^

 

I’d never gone with the wind

Just let it flow

Let it take me where it wants to go

 

Till you opened the door

And there’s so much more

I’ve never seen it before

 

I was trying to fly but I couldn’t find wings

‘Cause you came along and you changed everything

 

 

I sang with the song. “You lift my feet off the ground. You spin me around. You make me crazier, crazier.”

 

“Feels like I’m falling and I, am lost in your eyes. You make me crazier, crazier, crazier…” The song went on.

 

Watched from the distance as you

Made life your own

Every sky was your own kind of blue

 

“Say, Shin Jae-ya…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Promise me that you won’t leave me.” What’s the matter with him?

 

And I wanted to know how that would feel

And you made it so real

 

“Why would I leave you?” I managed to let out a soft laugh to cheer him up. And it did.

 

“I know you won’t. Just promise me to make sure.” He held my hand tighter.

 

“I promise.”

 

You showed me something that I couldn’t see

You opened my eyes and you made me believe

 

He smiled as he started singing. “You lift my feet off the ground. You spin me around. You make me crazier, crazier.”

 

“Feels like I’m falling and I, am lost in your eyes. You make me crazier, crazier, crazier…oh…”

 

 

The song continued.  And suddenly, he held me tighter and closer to him.

 

 

Baby you showed me what living is for

I don’t want to hide anymore

 

“Let’s stay like this…” he whispered. I went silent as we continued slow-dancing.

 

You lift my feet off the ground

You spin me around

You make me crazier, crazier

 

“Shin Jae…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You make me crazier.”

 

Feels like I’m falling and I am lost in your eyes

You make me crazier, crazier, crazier, crazier, crazier

 

 

**

 

Reasons why that's the title:

-There are two guys who danced with her, and uhm...well...I don't know, should she choose one of them? Haha.

-That's the song that is first played here in this chapter.

- I REALLY MISS HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL AND I LOVE MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES WITH THOSE MOVIES. <3

- Really can't think of other title. Haha.

 

So hello again. Thank you for supporting my story, and I hope you're enjoying so far. I'm trying my best as always! Special thanks to: sehunxexoo for cheering me up. Haha.

 

Just comment about anything, I would love that. And Goodbyes and Promises is updated today, too! Click here to read ^^

 

Thank you everyone. You guys are the best! \(^_^)/ *hugs you all*