The Magical Night

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Sorry it took a long time again! :( Hope you'll enjoy this one because I enjoyed writing it as well ^^

 

 

**

 

“Here, put these plates in there. We’ll be needing them.” I sighed as I put the last batch of plates at the back of our car.

 

“Okay, that would be enough. Get inside now,” my stepmother ordered.

 

 

As I went inside the car, I can’t help but feel envious of my sisters. We are on the way to the party, his party, so they wore their dresses and put on some make-up (well, they’ll need it since they’re ugly) and those killer heels made their way to their big feet. Why am I envious?

 

 

Because they will go to the party, and I won’t.

 

 

It’s not that I won’t. I’ll still be there, but not as a guest, as a servant. The Byun family decided to get our catering services for the celebration. And of course, I’ll be one of the people who’ll serve the food and all. I wanted to cry because this is more painful than not attending his birthday celebration itself.

 

 

“Oh gosh, look at your clothes,” Jung Ri muttered. I looked down unconsciously, and I felt more degraded. I’m wearing only a white t-shirt and pants, and later an apron as I do my job.

 

“So poor, Shin Jae. So poor.”  I kept quiet, knowing my stepmother is also here. I wanted to crumble and complain, but of course, I can’t.

 

 

As we arrived an hour early, we set up the things needed for the party later. I’m proud to say that I cooked all the dishes to be served tonight, hoping that it would somehow mean that I care for the party, for his birthday party. I can’t wait to see him have a taste, and say something about it. That’s right, think positively, Shin Jae. Think positively and don’t cry.

 

 

The party started smoothly. The whole school was invited so I’ve seen familiar faces. A lot of rich people came as expected as well. I see a few faces I’ve only seen on TV, and I would be lucky enough for that. I saw someone that looks like an older version of Baekhyun. That must be his father.

 

 

“And now, my dear guests, let us all welcome the birthday celebrant, Byun Baekhyun!” All heads turned to the stage that was set up in this huge place. He walked in together with his parents, wearing a comfortable suit with a matching necktie. His hair is done up, and he looked so handsome.

 

 

As he arrived up the stage, his eyes wandered around, scanning the guests. I quickly hid, not wanting him to see me in this state. After he was done, a frown was seen, but he immediately replaced it with a smile.

 

 

“Thank you for coming. You may enjoy the party now. Keep yourselves comfortable. Let’s make this night memorable.”

 

 

He started to entertain some guests. He walked along with his father as they introduced themselves to some CEO’s as well. I saw him meeting a few rich people, together with their daughters, and I didn’t like the sight.

 

 

I just continued serving some foods for some guests. They said the food was nice, and even wanted to take our catering services for future parties like this as well. I’m glad about that.

 

 

“Do you have a business card or something? So we can contact you some other time.” I checked my pockets, and I realized I left the business cards at my bag, which is back in the car.

 

“Uhm, would you mind if I’d be out for a moment? I forgot it in my bag…” I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment, but the man just smiled at me. He’s wearing thick-framed glasses, but those eyes seem strikingly familiar to me…

 

“I don’t mind at all, young lady.” I immediately left and got it. As I was on my way back, I saw Jongdae along the way.

 

“Oh, wow. Hi there.” He looked amused which kinda irritated me. I didn’t mind him and continued walking, but he grabbed my wrist.

 

“I’m in a hurry, so can you please let me go?” I said.

 

“I don’t think you’re going in the right way, Shin Jae. Come with me.” I tried to pull back but it’s no use, and since this hall is such a huge place, I just followed him. We walked our way inside, and what confused me was that he led me inside a room. Someone is waiting for me…

 

“Shin Jae-ya,” she said. It was Byun Baekhyun’s nanny.

 

“Ah, good evening, ma’am.” I bowed my head and so did Jongdae.

 

“I brought her as you wish, noona.” What?

 

“Thank you, Jongdae. You never failed me,” she said and gave Jongdae a sincere-old-woman smile. I remembered having the business card in my hand, and I was about to protest when Jongdae got it from me.

 

“I’ll be the one to give it to him. You stay here and trust Yoon Mi noona, okay?” He smiled at me and left the room.

 

 

Jongdae’s POV

 

 

“Here’s your business card, sir.” I handled him.

 

“Is this from Shin Jae?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, that’s the one you asked for her earlier.”

 

 

He checked the card. He smiled as he saw the address.

 

 

“It’s still the same address I’ve known,” he said.

 

“Don’t you miss her?”

 

“How can you not miss your own child, Jongdae?” He said. Right, I’m talking to Lee Shin Jae’s father.

 

“Then when do you plan to go back?”

 

“The right time will come, Jongdae. The right time will come.”t'n.

ee the same kind of form of words beside me every single school day. hat came from him. aled.

 

 

Shin Jae’s POV

 

 

“Uhm, sorry Yoon Mi-ssi, but I’ve got a job to do--“

 

“It’s okay, dear. It’s okay. You’ll just be gone in a few hours. It won’t hurt.” Her smile made me at ease.

 

“A-Are you sure?” I asked.

 

“Don’t you want to enjoy this night as well? A girl like doesn’t deserve being treated like that.”

 

“I-It’s not--“

 

“You shouldn’t force yourself to do things like that. Your kind heart deserves better than this.” I can’t help it now. I cried in her arms. It’s the first time I felt a kind-of-mother’s-love, on which I haven’t really felt for a really long time.

 

“Don’t cry now, dear. You still have one job left for this night.”

 

“What job?” She didn’t answer me. Instead, she let me sit on the bed. I waited for her. She came back with a make-up kit.

 

“You need a little help,” she said.

 

I glanced at the clock. It’s 9:00 PM. Two hours more.

 

 

As she was done arranging my hair and applying some make-up on me, all I needed now is a dress.

 

 

She brought a big box, and when she opened it, a pure white gown was revealed inside. It’s so beautiful.

 

 

“I had this gown when I was your age.” She caressed it as she smiled, maybe remembering the time she wore it. “It looks so beautiful, right?”

 

“It would be a waste to be worn by someone like me,” I said.

 

“No, don’t say that.” She motioned closer to me. “Try it on.”

 

 

I hesitated at first, but I did. I looked at the mirror and glanced at myself. I almost cried in joy.

 

 

“Thank you, thank you.” I hugged her with all my might.

 

“Just do me one favor, dear.”

 

“What is it, ahjumma?”

 

“Make this night a memorable one for him.” I smiled at her. One thought hit my mind: I’m Cinderella, and she’s my fairy godmother. I feel so blessed and happy, but I know I’ve cried too much.

 

 

I glanced at the clock. Oh no, it’s already 10:57.

 

 

“The garden is this way,” she said. So she knew we were supposed to meet. I hugged her one more time and made my way.

 

 

Tonight will be magical, Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

I’m already tired. I’ve talked to each and every one of the guests, and I’ve plastered a smile I’ve been wanting to wipe out, but that would be rude.

 

 

“Here is my daughter, Ahn Ri,” Mr. Bo said.

 

“Ah, hello, Ahn Ri-ssi.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Baekhyun-ssi.” She tapped my arm, on which I bounced a little at the contact. “You look so handsome.”

 

“Thanks.” I slowly backed away, not liking the way she acts when in fact, it’s the first time we met. I quickly said that I have other guests to talk to, and I didn’t wait for her answer as I walked away.

 

 

I glanced at the time. Oh no, it’s already 11:20 PM. I need to go to the garden.

 

 

I made my way out without anyone noticing me. I went out to the garden. There’s no sign of her.

 

 

I roamed around and searched. Until I arrived at a well-lit pavilion. I smiled. My princess is here.

 

 

She looked around, like she’s lost. It’s the first time I’ve seen her tonight, and my heart fluttered. She looks so different. She looks like a real princess. She looks so beautiful…she’s stunning.

 

 

As I walked my way, she turned around as she heard my footsteps. She immediately placed a smile of relief.

 

 

Her smile makes me love her more.

 

 

“Sorry I’m late,” I said.

 

“It’s okay, at least you came.”

 

“You look so beautiful,” I poured my heart out. She deserved it. She deserved to be called beautiful every single day of her life.

 

“I can say the same to you.” I smiled. Suddenly, we heard a sound from inside the hall. The dance is about to start.

 

 

I looked at her. She looked at me. I gathered my courage as I asked her.

 

 

“Will you dance with me, my princess?” She laughed softly.

 

“I would be honored.” She took my hand.

 

Juris - Got To Believe In Magic. The song is originally sung by David Pomeranz, but Juris (a local singer from PH) made a version of it for a TV drama series ^^ It's a lovely song, play it! :D

 

 

Take me to your heart

Show me where to start

Let me play the part of your first love

 

 

“Sorry, I don’t dance much,” she said awkwardly.

 

“It’s not like it’s the first time we danced together,” I said to calm her down.

 

 

All the stars are bright

Every wish is ours tonight, my love

 

 

“Say, Shin Jae. Will you…get mad at me if I told you I lied about something?”

 

“Unless you killed someone, I think I won’t.” I laughed.

 

“Do you remember that night when you fell off the cliff?”

 

“Yeah. What about it?”

 

“I…I was the one who saved you that night.”

 

 

Pity those who wait

Trusting love to fate

Finding out too late that they’ve lost it

 

 

“Y-You--“

 

“Sorry I didn’t tell you…are you mad?” I asked as I looked into her eyes.

 

“Then...you’ve heard--“

 

“I did.”

 

 

Never letting go

They will never know the ways of love

 

 

“Don’t be embarrassed, Shin Jae.”

 

“Why wouldn’t I? You knew what I felt--“

 

“Don’t you think I feel the same?”

 

 

Got to believe in magic

Tell me how two people find each other

In a world that’s full of strangers

 

 

“W-What--“

 

“I like you too, Shin Jae. And I can’t hold back anymore.”

 

 

Got to believe in magic

Something stronger than the moon above

‘Cause there’s magic when two people fall in love

 

 

“B-Baekhyun--“

 

“I don’t know when it started, or how I even got from hate to like. I’ve hated the fact that you existed, but now…” I looked her into the eyes. “God knows how much I’m thankful to have known you.”

 

 

I may never know

Why I need you so

All I need to know is this feeling

 

 

“I’ve always thought that I won’t like you, ever, but I swallowed my words and my pride. I finally admitted it to myself, to you, and to the whole world.”

 

“Baekhyun…do you know…how happy I feel right now?” She asked, almost crying. I held her hand tightly as we continued to dance, telling her not to cry.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I feel so happy…I could die right now.”

 

 

Handle it with care

We were born to share this dream, my love

 

 

“Don’t say that. I don’t want you to die yet.” She let out a soft laugh.

 

“I don’t want to lose you now, Shin Jae. Not when I finally admitted it to you.” My hands moved from her hand and her waist to her back. I’m hugging her while we’re dancing now.

 

 

Got to believe in magic

Tell me how two people find each other

In a world that’s full of strangers

 

 

“We’ll be together. We’ll be in a relationship, and one day, we’ll get married. We’ll have kids of our own, and we’ll raise them together. We’ll grow old and they’ll grow old as well, but what matters is that we’re together.”

 

“Baekhyun…I…”

 

“You what?”

 

“I love you…” she whispered.

 

 

Got to believe in magic

Something stronger than the moon above

‘Cause it’s magic when two people fall in love

 

 

“I love you, too, Shin Jae.” She let go of the hug, with her eyes forming tears. I wiped it away immediately.

 

“Don’t cry. You look so beautiful right now, don’t waste it.” She smiled.

 

 

We continued dancing to the song, until it was about to finish. I looked at her in the eyes, and she also did. I motioned my head closer. I closed my eyes and so did she.

 

 

Our lips met for the first time.

 

 

Got to believe in magic

Something stronger than the moon above

‘Cause it’s magic when two people fall

Magic when two people fall

Magic when two people fall in love

 

 

As we let go after a few seconds, she spoke.

 

 

"Happy birthday, Byun Baekhyun."

 

 

Indeed, happy birthday to me.

 

 

 

**

 

I've tried my best for this one in imagining! :) The song is special to me because I experienced dancing to it as well...with someone special *okay, that's embarrassing* 

 

 

So how was it? You can speak yourselves up! ^^ thank you to new subscribers, and for the silent readers, hope you'll get the courage to subscribe and comment as well ^^ haha

 

 

I've got to go somewhere for now. Annyeong~