Realness

For Rent?

Jiyong walks into his empty house. He takes a sigh of relief knowing that his mother is not home because she would ring his neck for the time it is now. The man is tired and after roaming the streets for two hours just to find a taxi he is pissed. His bus fare is used up and his hair is the same color as a kpop star he sees on posters...he doesn't listen to music because he doesn't have time. 

"Aish..." says Jiyong throwing a bag on his small sofa. He feels through his hair and amazingly hair doesn't fall out as he stares at his hand. He can't believe that he followed around that jerk. That jerk that he sees as some idol...but still followed the idol jerk. "To get nothing but a sack of clothes and this ing hair..." Jiyong never cusses but he does when he is in a rage. 

Off goes his shirt over his head and on goes a fan as the man sits in front of it for some source of a cool breeze. Most old Korean apartments don't have air conditioning so Jiyong is just going to have to sit still. It's already 2am and he hasn't even studied tonight. The man pulls out his books and throws them on the table. Tomorrow is going to be the first day where uniforms are optional...hopefully he doesn't turn into some freak show...

//////////////////////Jiyong's////////////////////

"Yah....yah!!" says a voice shoving the younger. 

"Just a couple more minutes mom..." says Jiyong in a murmur. He studied most of the night and ignored most of his alarm clocks. 

The older woman pushes the younger knocking him off the sofa onto the floor. "You better get up! Aish...all my hard work for you to sleep with out worry!!" 

Jiyong squints his eyes to the lit 4am room and then up at his mother. "I do care mom...I'm just a little tired..." 

The woman shakes her head as her son slowly gets off the floor. The woman puts a hand over her face. "What the!?" The woman comes over to her son and runs hands through his hair. Jiyong tries to fight the woman off. "Mom!!!" Yells Jiyong still trying to wake up. 

"What the Jiyong! What is this?!" The woman yells at the top of her lungs. "Omo....omo....they told me this would happen....omo..." The woman takes  seat on the sofa with tears in her eyes. Jiyong of course freaks out. "Mom...why why are you crying." 

The woman holds a pillow in her arm. "I knew it...I knew you were depressed...." The woman takes her son's arm and looks at this wrist...."Where are you cutting?!" 

"What?! Mom! I'm not depressed..." 

The woman smiles and her son's hair. "It's alright baby...I know it's hard...all these books...it's hard....ne....?" 

Jiyong rolls his eyes. "Aish..." He says under his breath. His own mother already thinks that he is a nut case with his unstyled hair. "Jiyong..." The younger ignores the voice as he goes to his room and closes the partition that  is really not much of a wall. Jiyong sighs and then goes over to his closet. He reaches over in the back corner and pulls out the bag from last night and with a yawn the man pulls out his first outfit to place in his backpack with already enough books. 

Jiyong slept in his uniform so he is already ready for the the day. He walks out of the room with his mother still looking at him with concerned eyes. Jiyong smiles and walks over to the woman. He takes her hands in his. "Mother I'm fine...I just had an accident with some chemicals in the lab...my hair turned into this..." 

The woman nods her head. "Of course my smart boy would have been in the lab...I'm sorry honey...I just don't want you to not be happy...I do all my work for you to live a good life." 

"I will live a good life and you will live in my mansion. You will retire young. I promise." Jiyong smiles and leans down to place a kiss on his  mother's cheek. "Get some rest." The younger then adjust his backpack before racing out the door to catch his first bus. Though he woke up late...he didn't miss his bus thankfully. 

Jiyong gets on the bus and smiles at the driver. "You didn't have to." 

The older man smiles. "Promise to hire one of my grand children in the future." Jiyong smiles and goes to the back of his bus. So many people in his neighborhood believe in him. They either love him or hate him out of jealousy because Jiyong will be great one day. He will just have to work 5 times harder due to his lack of status and wealth. 

////////////////////Cheong St/////////////

It's the last bus and Jiyong gets off quickly. He runs through his school gates and through the glass doors of the expensive building. Jiyong darts into the restroom and goes into the nearest stall. It's show time as the man opens his backpack to put on his first outfit. The pants are a little tough due to the tightness but he loves the fit of the dark denim. He puts on his loose fitting black printed t-shirt to them place a un buttoned  red plaid button down over his outfit. Just as Jiyong was about to tuck it in he laughs a bit. "This is in style.." He says to himself as he comes out of the stall with a untucked shirt. He goes over to the mirror and looks at his hair...it's a mess. 

He turns on the water and runs his hands through his hair. His hair is slicked back and soaking wet. Jiyong feels that anything is  an improvement to before and turns off the water. He throws on his backpack and walks out of the restroom. Students are starting to pile in and Jiyong instinctively takes the back ways to his classroom. He doesn't even know why he is hiding...but feels still seems natural. 

The first class all start to take their seats and Professor Psy comes into the room. There is the usual chatter before the professor decides to start his lesson. The man looks around the room and it seems he is looking for someone. The bell even rings and he is still waiting until now. "Okay" says the teacher clapping his hands. "Since Jiyong is not here. We will" "Professor...." says Jiyong quietly..."I'm here..." He says quietly again. The man looks over the room. "Jiyong...where are you..." The room is quiet...Jiyong then slowly raises his hand. "I'm here sir..." says the quiet voice to then shock of the classroom. 

Psy smiles a bit. "Omo...I didn't recognize you...you changed a bit eh?" 

Jiyong nods with no answer. The classroom then starts to fill with voices Jiyong was prepared for this because it is quite dramatic with blonde hair and nice clothes from this century. Woobin who sits next to Jiyong nudges the man. "How did you get those clothes...did you find a girl?" 

Jiyong shakes his head. "No..." 

Psy clearly sees that Jiyong is not use to the attention yet. "Okay okay...enough of the gawking. Please everyone hand in your homework." Everyone groans and Jiyong takes a breath of relief. He is now wondering if he can handle this new image. His hair is yellow and his clothes are something from a magazine. It's just a little...much at the moment. 

//////////////////Mid Day/////////////////

Jiyong walks down his usual hallway and is noticing more and more that people are wondering who he is. It's crazy how he has been around these people for years and now he gets attention...well not really attention because they don't know who he is. It's not taking long for people guessing who he is because texts are flying around the school. Since Jiyong doesn't have a phone he is not sure what people are thinking. 

"So...I give you a new look and you walk around like this still." says a deep voice behind the younger. 

Jiyong turns around. "I'm still getting use to things." 

"You want to be seen right? For people to possibly befriend you right?" 

Jiyong slowly nods. 

"Then why are you walking around like a little ..." says the older bluntly. "You have everything...the hair the clothes...what is stopping you?" 

"I guess me..." says the younger with his head down, but the older man lifts the younger one's chin. "You are not going any where in this school if you keep walking like you are afraid." says the dark eyes into the coffee ones. Jiyong then lowers his head and briefly touches his chin...no one has ever touched his face besides his mother. "I'm trying..." 

"Bull...this hallway sure does look like trying." says the older looking at the hallway with few people walking. The older then takes Jiyong's wrist and pulls him into the nearest bathroom. Jiyong is clueless to what is happening as a jar of hair gel is placed on the sink. "What are you doing?" 

The older sighs. "I'm only doing this once." He turns the younger towards the mirror."You need to ing style your hair....look at this mess..." The younger looks at his hair. "It's slicked back...that's bad?" says the younger innocently. The older chuckles a bit. "You are kidding right?" The mans looks at the blank stare. "Aish..." says the man opening the gel and globbing some  in Jiyong's hair. "You don't slick hair back unless you are a old man. You need to bring your forwards...." says the older putting product in the almost dry hair. Jiyong scrunches his face. "That hurts a little." 

"Just sit still you little ..." says the older with a sigh. The bells rings and Jiyong freaks. "Omo...I need to go..." The younger starts to leave but is pulled back like a spring by his backpack into the sink. "I'm not finished yet...." says the older. "And it's only lunch...I'm sure the food can wait..." 

Seunghyun puts Jiyong in a very trendy tosseled style with his hair styled to the side. It's full of product and it actually looks like something Jiyong took time to do...even though it was styled by Seunghyun. The older then sighs. "Don't up my work....you are a product of my creation..." 

"Creation..?" 

"NE...I'm the landlord. You need to abide by by rules if you are going to continue renting...." 

Jiyong looks down. "I see." 

" get some confidence will ya. You are a man right?" 

"Ne..." 

"People are going to see your weakness. You need to start picking your head up and doing something for yourself...aish why am I wasting time giving you all this advice..." Says the older in a frustrated tone. 

Jiyong then bows. "I'm sorry. I will work harder landlord." 

The older then looks at Jiyong. "Aish so awkward..." says the older now putting his gel back in his backpack. "Go to lunch and try to be normal." 

"Ne..." Jiyong bows again. 

"Stop it...aish so weird..." says the older moving out of the room leaving Jiyong by himself. There are people  outside of the door of the restroom and he knows that half of the student body is there now. He feels scared...but  also a little excited since his look is now a bit more polished. "Will people like me..." says Jiyong to himself in the mirror. 

He walks out the door and "OH MY GOD HYUNG IS HOT!!!" Jiyong slowly turns around to Seungri. "Can you not make me the center of attention" says the older as people walk by and look at the now styled Jiyong. Seungri comes closer and puts an arm around Jiyong. "Hyung. You are the talks of the school. You are hot." 

Jiyong laughs a bit. "I'm what?" 

"Hot...ya know good looking." says Seungri walking over to their usual table. Jiyong takes a seat and pulls out his lunch. He looks up a bit and notices eyes looking back down. 

"See I told ya...you are of interest to many." 

Jiyong smiles a bit. "Really?" 

"Ne...I have to ask? How did you get all of this stuff going on...the clothes the hair color...you can't afford this..." 

Jiyong laughs. "I saved my money..." 

"But you don't have style...." 

"Yes I do..." 

"No you don't hyung...we all know that...it's just a little...drastic..." 

Jiyong then looks down. "I see..." He doesn't want to look like some fake. He wants to fit in with the rest of the class. There are plenty of other people of blonde hair and trendy looks...

"It's not that I think that you are fake...it's just that people don't really know you to know that too..." 

"Ne...that's true..." 

"Maybe talk to some people...make some friends hyung...that's why you did all this right?" 

"How did you know..." 

Seungri laughs a bit. "Well give me some credit. I know that you always wanted to fit in. The way you stare at Seunghyun hyung too." 

"I don't stare at him..." says Jiyong drifting his eyes to his sandwich. Seungri laughs a bit. "I saw you watching him with that girl...how he.." "Yah yah...I'm trying to eat you ert." says Jiyong picking up his things and his sandwich in hand. "I'm going to go eat in the lab." Seungri nods. "Ne ne..." 

Jiyong then walks out of the cafeteria with eyes still on him. He doesn't really pay attention and wonders out to the hallway. There are few people eating and it's quiet. "Yah...." says a voice from behind him. "Hey sponsored..." 

Jiyong turns around to two females. He knows them very well because they are some of the richest in the school. Minzy and Dara come closer and stare the man down. "So...what's with the new look?" says Minzy looking at the man. "Looks like you had to spend some money for that stuff." says Dara eyeing the man. 

Jiyong fidgets with the hem of his shirt. "I felt I wanted a change." says Jiyong softly. 

"Awe he is so cute..." says Dara looking at the man. "So you wanted to dress stylishly before you graduate?" 

Jiyong nods. "Ne..." 

Minzy smiles. "If only more poor people put in effort like you did today." 

Dara then looks at Jiyong again. "How will you afford more clothes for the rest of the school year?" 

Jiyong then stutters. "Ummm...I will...I...." The man feels like he is getting grilled but these are just simple questions of the curious. "He will figure it out I'm sure." says Seunghyun standing next to Minzy and Dara. "Oppa doesn't he look good." 

Jiyong looks up with a blush. The older stares back at Jiyong with a smirk. "I guess..." he says without a care. "We are all heading out to sushi after school...In?" says the older to the two ladies and they of course nod. Dinners with Seunghyun means that he will always pick up the tab. 

Dara comes and stands next to Jiyong. "I will go if Oppa says he will go too." 

"Oppa..." says Jiyong quietly to himself. He can't believe this is happening. Seunghyun then looks Jiyong over. "That will be interesting...since he doesn't have a car I guess you will both take the bus huh?" Dara then looks at Jiyong. "You don't have a car?" 

Jiyong shakes his head. "No...but I do have money for a taxi..." 

"Taxi..." says Dara looking the man over and just like that social status got in the way of him eating with potential friends. He could almost yell at Seunghyun...but technically it's his party. 

///////////////////////5pm////////////////////

"Hyung!?" screams Seungri from the street.  Jiyong stops and waits for the younger. "Hey. Come with me." says the younger tugging on Jiyongs arm. "What do you want?" says Jiyong walking to his bus stop. After lunch he felt defeated knowing that these people rejected him so easily. 

"Hyuuuuung. Why are you so down....come with me..." 

"Seungri just let me go..." 

Seungri shakes his head. "No..." He then grabs Jiyong and pulls him into a waiting car. "Yah Ri!" screams Jiyong. "I need to study." 

"You can after dinner." 

///////////////////////5:30///////////////////////

Seungri drags Jiyong through a loud restaurant and it's super expensive looking. "Yah yah...I can't afford this..." 

"It's okay...it's on me..." 

"Yah...." says Jiyong as he is still lead towards the back. There are many doors and Seungri and slowing down a bit. "Ah...here we are." He pulls open a door to many people sitting and talking...to them not talking and looking at Seungri and Jiyong. "Brother I brought a friend for tonight." Seungri's brother...also known as Youngbae. The older looks Jiyong over and sighs. "Ne ne..." 

Jiyong comes into the room and is lead to sit next to Seungri at the end of the table. There are tons of people from school and then Jiyong starts to notice...Dara....Minzy....and of course those dark eyes of Seunghyun. Jiyong instantly puts his eyes down. 

Seungri puts an arm around Jiyong. "Don't be afraid of him. He may look intimidating but he really is a nice guy. Him and my hyung have been friends since birth. They are use to me...and they can get use to you." At that moment. He truly sees how great of a friend Seungri is with his warm smile and nice words. 

"You know Jiyong hyung right?" 

Dara smiles. "Ne. We met earlier....you two look cute together..." 

Jiyong's eyes widen. "Us?" 

Seungri laughs a bit. "Don't worry...she doesn't think that we are a couple...she is just joking hyung." Dara laughs a bit and so does Seungri. "Your name is Jiyong right?" 

Jiyong nods. "Ne..." 

Dara bows. "Nice to meet you." 

Jiyong smiles. "Ne..." 

Food is served and Jiyong has never seen so much food in his life. There are plates among plates of a variety of dishes. Jiyong doesn't know what to do with himself. "Just eat hyung." says Seungri placing some food on his plate. Jiyong then stands making Seungri look up. "Everything okay?" 

Jiyong nods. "Ne...I just need to wash my hands." The younger leaves the room and goes out into the hallway. He smiles a bit to himself. "You are doing well Jiyong..." he says quietly. 

"I thought that you were washing your hands..." says Seunghyun behind him making Jiyong almost scream. The man walks like a ghost. Jiyong nods. "Ne...I'm going to." 

"Who said you were invited...." 

"Seungri did..." says Jiyong quietly. 

"Well you can go now..." 

"Ne?" 

"Go...get out of here..." 

"Why....I'm not causing any trouble and people like me..." 

"Sure...good for you...now leave..." 

"You say you want to help me...but you push me away." says Jiyong looking at the man directly in the eyes. "I'm really trying to fit in...I'm being a good investment." 

The older then chuckles. "Oh looking like you do have a backbone. " The older then smiles. "You can stay." says the man then turning to go back into the private room. Jiyong is confused as hell. "Was he testing me...that bastard..." 

"Hyung..." says Seungri coming out of the room. He then comes to Jiyong's side. "You okay?" 

Jiyong nods. "Ne. Thanks for asking." 

"The girls think that you are sweet." says Seungri with a smile. "You really look great today..." says Seungri again coming closer making Jiyong step back a bit. "Yah ert..." says Jiyong in a chuckle but stops smiling when Seungri gets closer.   "You know you were always y to me....but now I don't think that I can contain myself  anymore..." The younger comes closer and closer until Jiyong is pressed into the wall. "Yah..." says Jiyong turning his head. "What if someone comes out and misunderstands us..." 

"I want them to..." says Seungri now backing away with a smile. "Let's eat some more food hyung." says Seungri with a smile. Jiyong had no idea the man liked him...well he is not sure with Seungri because he does tend to drift from person to person of interest. Jiyong then stops in his tracks. "Why did you bring me here..." 

Seungri smiles. "Just come and eat..." 

The two come back into the room and Jiyong takes a seat back at the end of the table. Dara and Minzy have friendly conversation with Jiyong and the man of course loves to talk to the two women. They talk a lot about school and Jiyong is happy that there is something they have a common interest of. Jiyong still feels someone is watching him as he looks up and catches the gaze of the older man. Jiyong smiles a bit but the older turns his eyes and doesn't acknowledge him. Jiyong feels he is doing a good job on his first day as the meal starts to wrap up and people are going back to their cars. 

Jiyong and Seungri walk over to Seungri's car and the younger opens the door. "Get in. I will drop you off." 

Jiyong smiles. "I can take the bus. Thanks for dinner." 

Seungri smiles. "It was nothing...and it's kinda late. Let me take you home." Jiyong can't say no to the younger and gets in the car. They buckle up and the driver goes to the instructed address. Seungri smiles as they approach Jiyong's neighborhood. "Oh so you live over here huh?" 

Jiyong quietly says. "Ne." 

"Don't be ashamed...I like it..." 

"Seungri..." 

"Oh don't give me that tone hyung" says the younger as the car pulls up to the front of Jiyong's building. "Looks like you are home." 

Jiyong nods and unbuckles himself. Seungri smiles "Hyung?" 

Jiyong looks over. "Ne?" Seungri then steals a kiss on Jiyong's cheek. "Goodnight..." 

"Yah!?" says Jiyong surprised. "YAH..." says Jiyong again 

Seungri laughs. "Haven't you noticed...I'm gay..." 

"Obviously..." says Jiyong getting out of the car. "Thanks for the ride." 

Seungri waves. "...your cheeks are so plump...." 

"Yah!!!" says Jiyong to then cover his mouth to his voice. "yah..." he says quieter. "See you tomorrow ert..." 

 

***DON'T WORRY THIS IS STILL A GTOP...THE STORY WILL HAVE TO DEVELOPE A BIT NE?. ANYWAYS THINGS SEEMS EASY...I WONDER IF IT WILL ALWAYS BE THIS EASY  WITH JIYONG'S NEW LIFE.  COMMENT SUBCRIBE AND UPVOTE! LATER!!! 

Thanks for reading!!

ELISE CHOI