Weekend blues

For Rent?

It's 3am and Jiyong wakes up to a banging at his door. It almost sounds like an emergency as Jiyong jolts half sleep to his door. Since his apartment complex is old he can't see who is outside the door. The only thing he can do is yell. "Who is it?!" screams Jiyong trying to over power the knocking but it doesn't stop. Jiyong sighs and takes more air into his lungs. "WHO IS IT!" screams Jiyong again but there is no response. 

Jiyong feels that he has lived a long life...so he takes the risk and opens the door. He slowly undoes the three cheap locks and opens the door with a crack. Jiyong then instantly smells strong alcohol. "Seunghyun...what are you doing here?" 

The older man then walks past Jiyong making his way into the apartment. Jiyong closes the door to his place and knows that the man is clearly drunk since Seunghyun came here. "Why are you here?" says Jiyong to the drunk man. Seunghyun looks around the apartment and goes to the nearest sofa and flops on it. 

Jiyong then gets mad. "YAH!"

"Who are you saying Yah to you punk. I'm a year older than you remember." 

Jiyong then says quietly. "You clearly don't act a year older than me." Jiyong then comes closer to the man with his eyes stern. "Why are you here unannounced. You hate me remember." 

Seunghyun then holds his head. "Aish you are talking too loud. Give me some water." 

Jiyong then sighs and does as told. Maybe the man will leave after the glass of water. Jiyong then takes a glass and goes over to the sink but stops when he hears Seunghyun his teeth. "No..not from the tap. Don't you have a filter on your fridge?" 

"We don't have that..." 

"Aish so poor." 

"You know you can leave if you want your precious water." Jiyong then puts the glass away and opens his front door. "You actually can leave. I will not tolerate your snobbery in my own house." 

"I'm tired." The older then starts to lay down puts his feet on the sofa. "Give me  a blanket." 

"I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE" says Jiyong still with the door open. Neighbors then start to yell at Jiyong and his yelling. The walls are thin and the place echoes like crazy. 

Seunghyun then sighs into a pillow. "I'm too drunk to walk any where...I need to rest. I will call a taxi in the morning..." 

"But of all places." says Jiyong. He then turns to close the door and then next hears a little snore. Jiyong is not sure if the man sleeps heavy or he is faking. "If you were sober I would have kicked you out..." says Jiyong to the sleeping man. Jiyong then proceeds to go to his room. 

Seunghyun then opens his eyes and sighs to himself. He really did end up here and the stupid thing is that he walked all the way here. He was so drunk he thought that he was dreaming when in all reality he wasn't he wasn't at all. What woke him up from his dream land was the banging on the door. He can't believe he did the tacky Kdrama knock. Seunghyun is too drunk to think of why he is here. He is just happy Jiyong is not strong enough physically or mentally to put the man out on the streets. 

Seunghyun closes his eyes again when he hears feet approaching. The feet come right by the sofa and then stop. Seunghyun then freaks a bit because he doesn't know what Jiyong is doing, but then he feels a blanket placed over him. It's really thick and it smells of cheap detergent that is actually not that bad smelling. The man's head is then slightly lifted with a couple of cuss words from Jiyong and  a pillow is placed under his head. Jiyong then backs away from the man and mutters. "Why am I so nice." Even though Jiyong is upset at Seunghyun. He still sees the good in him. 

"Good night hyung" says Jiyong quietly

///////////////The next morning

Seunghyun groans out of his sleep to the sounds of pots clanging together. He squints at the now brighter room but it's not too bright since there is only a couple of windows in the main living area. The older sits up slowly holding his head. He then wraps himself in the blanket because there is no heat in the apartment and then notices not one but two more blankets were piled on the man. Seunghyun then looks around the room and the minimal things that surround the place. 

There are two bedrooms and looks like one bathroom in between. The walls are all white and there are a couple of pictures of family on the walls. Mostly Jiyong because he is the only child and a couple of pictures with him and his mom. Seunghyun is sitting on the only sofa in the place and there is a small table in front of him with a TV not too far away on a little table. There is foil sticking at the end of two hangers in the back of the TV. Seunghyun has only seen most of this stuff in movies. 

Never in real life. "Oh you are awake. Are you hungry?" says Jiyong coming over with a plate of food. The feeling is not awkward at all as the food is placed in front of Seunghyun. It's eggs with some toast on the side. Jiyong turns around. "Oh I forgot." He then brings over a glass of orange juice. 

Seunghyun looks at all the food and then effort put behind it and instantly feels guilty. "I...I need to go." 

Jiyong watches as the man starts to stand. "Please eat first. You nearly threw up your whole stomach last night." 

Seunghyun then sits back down. "What?" 

"Don't you remember throwing up last night. I practically carried you to the toilet." says Jiyong surprised the man didn't remember a thing. 

Seunghyun had no idea he caused so much last night. "I did?" The older then looks down at his shirt and notices it is not his, but Jiyong's. "When did I?...How..." says the older trying to remember what happened. Last night most things were a blur. He remembers coming here...he remembers the many drinks before...but not when he out. "I thought I went to bed..." 

Jiyong shakes his head. "No I came to check on you and you were groaning holding your stomach. I figured you wanted to puke so I helped you to the bathroom. Well we didn't quite make it...you ruined your shirt...so I gave you a new one....you were able to put on the shirt yourself so don't worry I didn't look at you..." 

"Thank you" says the older looking Jiyong in the eyes. 

Jiyong smiles a bit. "Please eat." 

"I can't..." 

"Why..." says Jiyong a little sad.

"Because..." says the older combing through his bed hair. He looks through his phones and notices missed calls from his brother. Jiyong then speaks. "I already talked to him. He knows that you are here." 

"Oh so you are doing my brother a favor huh. Winning those brownie points as his new boyfriend." 

Jiyong then frowns. "I pretty much went to hell with you last night. I didn't have to do anything that I did but I did it. You can at least say thank you and really mean it." 

"Thanks for your help." says the older dryly.

"You want to know the truth. I felt sorry for you. I wanted to help you because I cared. Since you don't accept my kindness. Then just eat and go home Seunghyun." The words are cold and they absorb into Seunghyun's body. He is being such a jerk and that seems to be his defense at the moment. Jiyong is still human and this person is not going to make him change his character. If he has to kill him with kindness then that's the poison. 

"Just ing eat" Jiyong throws some chopsticks at the older and walks back into his room. 

Seunghyun feels the apartment rumble as the door slams closed. 

////////////////Jiyong's room

Jiyong takes a book from his desk and slams it on his bed making the book bounce a couple of times and then goes another book repeating same thing. This is how Jiyong copes with his anger. He doesn't like to argue because most of the time it's just turns into a miscommunication due to all the yelling and listening to what you want to hear. Jiyong instead just rather keep his mouth shut continue to throw books. His phone then starts to buzz like crazy. No one ever calls him so he already knows who the person is. 

"Hello." says Jiyong with a sigh.

"He's being a brat huh?" 

Jiyong sighs again. "Don't worry I didn't kick him out." 

The older chuckles. "I told you you had permission to do so." 

"Ne...but I couldn't. He is your brother...and though he is a jerk at times...he did help me to gain more confidence at school." 

"You know...there are not that many people like you." 

Jiyong sits on his bed. "What do you mean?" 

"See you are so kind hearted you don't even know that what you are doing is just amazing. You are a good person Jiyong." 

Hearing those words make Jiyong no longer mad at the situation. He feels more adult since he really did handle things well, but still sad since Seunghyun is really cold to him. He hates that he totally disgust him. Jiyong almost in a way felt he over did things....he just wants his friend back. As twisted as their friendship was Jiyong felt that Seunghyun was a true friend. 

"I need to go." 

"Ok. Want to do something later?" 

"I will need to see how much work I have left to do. I will call you later." 

"Alright. Talk to you later" 

Jiyong ends the call and looks at his door. Suddenly things feel a little awkward...Jiyong wanted to please Seunghyun he practically hates that Seunghyun doesn't like him. Jiyong opens the door slowly and Seunghyun has the TV on with the some random show that is 50 percent clear. "That TV doesn't work that well." says Jiyong coming over to pick up the empty plate. 

Seunghyun looks at the younger. "What show is this suppose to be." 

Jiyong shrugs his shoulders. "DUnno...I just turn it on for back ground noise. I don't watch too much TV...just movies." 

"Oh yeah...the romantic ones." Says the older with a laugh. The laugh actually broke the awkward barrier as Jiyong smiles a bit to the romantic movie comment. Jiyong finishes cleaning the last of the dishes and comes back to the living room...which is pretty much a foot away. 

"Did you want to shower?" 

The older laughs a bit. "I'm already borrowing your shirt. Your under wear too?" says the older with a laugh. "I need to go." 

The older stands and then walks to the door. "Thanks for the food." 

Jiyong then suddenly. "I just don't get why you disgust me...?" 

Seunghyun takes his hand off the door. "What?" 

"You said that we were never friends...that I disgust you yesterday..." Jiyong then puts his head down. "I'm sorry I asked. Never mind." 

"You don't disgust me. It's just a shock that you are suddenly dating my brother. You know how weird that is to me how you just dated in a snap. Did you even take time to process that you are done with Seungri....it's like you are boy crazy when someone gives you the right attention...." 

Jiyong then shakes his head. "I don't know how to explain it...but affection is something that was not really prominent in life for me. There is my mom but that's only a mother's love. Nothing more. I guess deep down inside I always wanted more, but never had the confidence to find it. When I found Seungri...I didn't want to let go of that feeling. So Ignored the wrong. Your brother...his words were kind and sincere. Living in like is something I enjoy. Living in like is what is keeping me sane during college entrance exam studies. Your brother right now is giving me what you can not...." says Jiyong trailing off at the end of his sentence. 

"What do you mean...what I can not?" says Seunghyun slightly puzzled. 

"Exactly what I said. What you can not give me. You are not gay or bi and your brother is bi; he is giving me the fuel I need." 

"It sounds more like you are using him just for affection not a partner." 

Jiyong shrugs his shoulders. "If that's how you see it I will not judge you, but I feel that my affections are clear when I like someone." 

"So you like him" 

Jiyong doesn't answer. "I need to fold these blankets." 

Seunghyun then groans. "It's a simple question. Do you like him or are you just using him for your like syndrome." 

"I'm learning to like him." 

"Learning to like him?...That's where you are troubled my friend" says Seunghyun taking a blanket and starts to fold it. Jiyong looks at the man slightly shocked. "Oh come on I might be rich but I can fold a blanket er." 

"I'm not troubled. I'm just finding my way." 

"Well try to find your way naturally. Don't waste your time with someone you really don't have much interest for." 

Jiyong then sighs. "I'm going out with him. Just deal with it." says Jiyong a little defensive.

"I'm not trying to attack you as Dongwook Hyung's little brother. I'm looking at this objectively." Seunghyun has never really used the word. "objectively" before but he feels it's right as Jiyong nods in agreement. 

"I see your concern, but I'm doing well. You don't have to worry." 

The older laughs a bit. "Worried? Why would I be worried about a little punk like you." Seunghyun then sighs. "I need to go now" Jiyong nods and let's the man walk past him. Seunghyun then slips one one of the blankets on the floor and starts to fall down but his fall is broken by Jiyong grabbing the man in his arms. 

Seunghyun gets wide eyes as the younger has them both on the ground on top of the blanket. Since Jiyong caught the man they are laying pressed together on the floor. Innocent Jiyong then looks the man over. "Are you okay?" says the lighter eyes and messy hair. Seunghyun's breathing then starts to quicken and his heart starts to go crazy. 

"I'm....I'm....I'm fine..." says the man forgetting Korean. 

Jiyong laughs a bit. "That could have been a nasty fall. The words are thank you mother er." 

Seunghyun then smiles a bit and says softly looking into the eyes. "Thank you" 

This feeling almost feels like that time they were together in the hotel room. It's warm and it's a place you don't want to leave as the two still continue to stare each other in the eyes. Seunghyun then takes a hand and tucks Jiyong's hair behind his ear. "Are you ok?" 

Jiyong slowly nods. "Ne..." 

"You sure?" says the older pushing more hair out of Jiyong's ivory face. Seunghyun is not sure what he is doing but it feels right. He was ready to leave and here they are again being prevented to leave because of one another. 

"Seunghyun..." says Jiyong with a slight blush. The older is still pressed to the younger and Jiyong still has his protective hands around him. This situation from a third party would not look favorable and thank God his mom stays at the hotel on weekends. 

The older then snaps back and quickly stands. "I guess we both fell pretty hard." 

"Sometimes you confuse me..." says Jiyong standing. "Like hot and cold water(meaning that Seunghyun is either nice or a complete meanie)

"I'm complicated" 

"Just then. It felt like us again..." says Jiyong with a soft voice.

"Jesus you sound like a ex girlfriend. Don't get all weird. We fell. We recovered. I'm leaving now." The older then opens the door and closes it behind him. That energy they felt was like a rush of emotions. 

//////////////////Seunghyun's 

"Heeeeey so my drunk brother finally came home." 

"What ever." 

Dongwook then starts to laugh a bit as his little brother takes off his coat. "What now." says Seunghyun with a sigh. 

"Nice shirt. Should I be concerned?" 

Seunghyun then realizes that he is still wearing Jiyong's small shirt. The shirt is hugging all of his body and luckily he is in really great shape. "I puked up my life yesterday. Jiyong gave a shirt and I some how put it on myself." 

Dongwook then grins. "Guess who called for you." 

"What?" says Seunghyun looking at his brother's expression. "Aish...Hyuna again...." 

"Well she is persistent. She really wants her trust fund early." says the older taking at seat on the sofa. Since the marriage of Seunghyun and Hyuna has been planned since birth. The kids will get rewarded more money from their parents when they marry. Hyuna who is always greedy for cash is probably reaching out to continue to live her lifestyle of doing nothing but spending nothing. 

Seunghyun doesn't want to be any part of it. The reason why they broke up is that she is so stuffy about her status and she also cheats worse than men. He doesn't want to deal with her again and three years was enough. They went through a lot together. He even had his first with her. 

"Well be prepared. Mom set you both a play date." 

"The ..." 

"Get ready because she should be here about...hmm...now." 

"!" says Seunghyun scrambling to his room. He flings the door open and opens his closet. He puts on the nearest shirt and runs out of the room. He goes to his bathroom and brushes his teeth and runs some product in his hair. He then runs back out into the living room to his shoe closet and puts on one. 

"You know you have to meet with her eventually" 

"I'd rather die." 

"Oh that's a nice way to take about me oppa." 

Seunghyun grumbles. "I thought that I changed the code..." 

"Your mom told me. We will be married one day I might as well know." 

"What do you want...I'm not marrying you like I say every time your planing of get richer falter." 

"I just came here to hang out with you." 

"Bull." 

"Fine...I came here to persuade you." 

"How will you do that..." 

"I have my ways." says the girl with a purr. She is just as persistent as a cat on it's prey. She then comes closer. "I'm sure we can both come together with a release of this tension." says the woman with a whisper. 

"I don't want to you." says the older with a growl looking into her eyes. 

"Since when." 

"Since now. No telling how many have been in your loose flappy hole." 

"I'm sure your fell off for as many women you ed." says the  younger getting  a little louder. Dongwook sighs "Children." 

" off Hyung" says Seunghyun with a growl. Their family has been abroad a lot and the formalities are not that strict.

"Fine" says Dongwook with  a laugh. He takes a bite of his apple and continues to watch TV. Their arguments are nothing and from what Dongwook remembers their past relationship was not even love. Seunghyun thought that he was in love...but really Hyuna was just a block. The woman is emotionally draining with her complaining and constant wants. His poor brother was crazy about pleasing her....it's their relationship that made them the way they are today. Hyuna the needy and cheater and Seunghyun the player who refuses anything with the word attachment. 

Hyuna then huffs. "I just wanted to come over and talk to you like an adult but I guess you are still childish." 

"You are the one who is a child who just wants my father's trust." 

"Like you don't want that money either." 

"Of course I do...but not living with your the rest of my life. I don't want children from you either." 

"Children...well that's a little extreme." 

"Whatever. Just get out. I'm not marrying you." 

"I'm not leaving." 

Seunghyun then sighs. "Why are you not leaving." 

Dongwook then turns off the TV. "Because we have a family dinner. You and Hyuna and I'm bringing Jiyong as my date." 

Hyuna looks at Dongwook. "Oh that kid from Seunghyun's school. Isn't he a maid's son?" 

"Ne he is and the most down to earth person you will ever meet." 

"Jiyong agreed to this?" 

Dongwook nods. "Ne. While you kids were arguing I was texting him. He is on his way." 

"Bull...you didn't text him..." says Seunghyun staring at his grinning brother. 

"Well he doesn't know that he is meeting the family. He just thinks that we are getting a quick bite. Told him to dress nice." 

"Oh...." 

Hyuna then looks at Seunghyun. "Come on. Let's get this over with." 

Dongwook then go towards the door. "It's only a couple of hours." says the older in response of his brother rolling his eyes 

"I'd rather go to hell." 

"It's already hell with the two of you here...no go go." says the older pushing the two younger ones out the door. "Now act right why don't ya" 

Seunghyun then grins. "I'm a Choi. I know how to fake it." 

Hyuna then fixes her hair. "Likewise." 

She takes Seunghyun's arm and they stroll down the hall. The two are one ed up couple but to their parents they have to appear some what normal or they will never get the life they want. They can either get married to each other or figure out a way to get out of it....but that's going to be difficult. The Choi's are accepting people, but not when it comes to money. This marriage could make everyone more powerful than what they are now. 

 

Midterms are almost over! Just a little info about me. I'm currently getting my master's degree, so I'm a little more busy this year. I will update my stories don't worry and I apologize for the wait. Please leave a comment and upvote:)

Thanks for reading

Elise Choi