Too tired

Say Yes

Kim Mae Ri

 

This morning was both good and bad.

Finally! After 3 weeks, It’s the first morning where I couldn’t think of him. And that’s good, but the reason was because I woke up late and now running and rushing to Seoul Forest to heed the 7:00am call time. I didn’t even had the time for breakfast or at least coffee. Tsk.

I remember back when I was in high school. During vacation, I would stay up late with my mom and sister while watching korean dramas on DVDs. Back then, I was a complete hopeless romantic. I wanted those childlish proposals.  I wanted to have a man who will fight for me til the end. The korean dramas made me think that love can also be pure. And my mom, despite being separated from my father, encouraged me that there is still real love. I believed her all the time.

But now, I call bull.

Though a little part of me wanted to hold onto that childlish dream.  Maybe that’s why I’m here.

 

Crap, break Mae Ri!  I stopped my momentum before I could bump into the girls on the street. Stop daydreaming and hurry up.

“Excuse... Excuse... Sorry... Excuse...” I said as I panted while running and bumping into people. “What are you doing with your life Mae Ri?” I complained to myself.

Finally I arrived at the Seoul forest, there was a big crew. Some bystanders and fans even came to watch. “Nice. 7:30am” I thought, “It’s easier to sneak in.”

My mischievous sense is in action. I used the people as camouflage and sneakily brushed through the crowd as I cautiously looked around for my OJT mates. I found them helping with the equipment hauling by the truck parked in the side street. I hurriedly ran to them and took one of the redhead light boxes and carried it to the field. I acted cooly as if nothing happened but the only guy from my OJT noticed me and looked at me.

I awkwardly smiled at him. “Sorry, I was late, please don’t tell the AD.” I clasped my hands together and begged to him. Little did I know that somebody just arrived and saw me.

“Smooth. Don’t worry, it’s fine.” He answered while lifting the big extension cord.

When we arrived at the equipment dump in the field. Someone went to our side, it’s the AD. “I need somebody  to give the scripts and shooting schedules to the actors and their managers.” He announced.

I ran to him and said, “I will.”

“It’s labeled with the actors and actresses' name.” He handed me the stack of papers. “They’re over there by the chairs.”

“Dehhh... I will.” Success! I got in unnoticed.  I ran towards the other side of the open field to the actors. I really can’t catch a break.

One by one, I politely gave the actors the script and the managers the shooting schedule. I bowed to them as I went. One person just arrived on the field. As if to prepare for battle, I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply then exhaled. I opened my eyes and saw that person’s team going to the table set with the actor's name on them.

“Annyeong Haseyo, Kim Soo Hyun-ssi. Here’s the scripts for today. Please tell me if you need anything.” I said while tying to not look at him in the eye. I quickly walked towards the manager  to avoid anymore awkwardness.

“Manager-nim, here’s the shooting schedule. According to here, you can have your lunch after we shoot scene 38. Do you need anything?” I asked.

“No we’re okay.” The manager replied and shook his hand. His attention was diverted when his phone rang, “Excuse me.” He then walked away to take the call. I bowed to him and the stylist. Iwas about to go back to the equipments when someone called me.

“Kim Mae Ri-Ssi” The voice that I knew anywhere said. "Oh my God." I said to myself as I stopped on my tracks.

“Yes Kim Soo Hyun-ssi?” I turned my body 360 degrees and put on a fake smile.

“I know it’s not my position but can you please be more professional?” He said to me.

My eyebrows twitched, “Excuse me?” I asked biting my lip.

“If you really love your job, you shouldn’t half- it.” He said while he was looking at the crew fixing the set. How could a ‘star’ say in front of a production crew member.

“Can you please cut to the crap and say it clearly?” I finally spoke without formalities.

“You were late not just by a minute, you were late by an hour.” He turned and gave me a deadpan look.

 “How did you know that? And I was only late by 30 minutes.” I gulped.

“Easy, I saw you.” He mockingly held his laugh. I swear I could break a nerve from holding back. “Don’t tell me your drinking?”

“Mae Ri, you can do this.” I whispered to myself. I stayed silent and tried to think rationally.

He slowly walked towards me and said, “But I will tell you this now, if this is not what you want. Then quit. A person cannot live without passion. He’ll be dead inside. If you don’t want that job then make room for somebody who wants that and will work hard for that. Maybe they’ll treasure it more than you.”

SNAP. I heard it, I don’t know if it’s my mind of anything but I can’t hold it in anymore.

“Who are you to say something about what I want? Do you even know me? Do you know my dreams?!” I exclaimed as I clenched my fist tightly.

 “I know enough that you’re late for your second day of work.” At an arm’s reach, he stopped and stared at me.

“How could a person have this one-track kind of mind?! Aish! I’m going to go crazy with this guy.” I reached for the wallet in my pocket and took out the 10,000 won bill and shoved it in his chest. “That’s enough right?! Now get lost and stop annoying me. Please don’t talk to me unless it’s for the drama.” I looked at him with hostility. Kim Soo Hyun laughed. I bit my lip. I walked pass him roughly and hit his chest.

As I walked I saw the stylist suddenly stopped on setting up was looking at us the whole time. I bit my lip. Good thing the other people are far away to not hear my outburst. After a few miles away from him, I breathe in and out to calm myself.

“Aish, that was my allowance money.” I hit my head and sighed. “Why can’t I hold it just for a month?”

 I went back to the crew and reported to the production manager for work.

 

 

A week passed and my days at work had become peaceful. By now, I’m gonna be done helping the production manager and will move to help the camera crew. Well, it’s peaceful because my usual days just passed by. Yes, the work was stressing but at least I’m not mentally stressed. By that I mean that alien and I aren’t talking and bothering each other’s life. It’s kinda nice – I guess.

 

 

Kim Soo Hyun

 

Ah. It’s been 2 weeks since we started this drama. I need to sleep. I asked the manager to wake me up an hour before my shot. I went to the artist’s dressing room and laid on the couch at the back. I covered my eyes with my arm.

 “Soo Hyun, I’ll just take a break. We’ll do your make-up again once you wake up. Your clothes are in the rack. I’ve already arranged them by your schedule.” My stylist Pool Ja said.

“Ah you’re here. Gomawoyo noona. I won’t see you out. I really need to sleep.” I said without moving a finger off the couch.

My stylist noona, Pool Ja, laughed. “Yes, the food is also there. The PA girl who you had a fight with last week gave it to me a earlier.”

“Geu Rae Yo (Okay) noona.” I replied. I heard her laugh quietly and then walk out the door.

I guess it’s been a week since I last interacted with that annoying woman. It’s been good. I’m not really fond of loose women like that. Especially ones that lack passion to do anything and just thinks about love. “Yawn.” I’m really sleepy. I felt my mind fall halfway into sleep when I heard someone talking loudly outside the door.

“Have you heard about Kim Soo Hyun?” A girl asked.

“He’s so hot. This is his dressing room right?” Another girl replied.

Hmph, being recognized is both on the extreme, you either get to have loyal fans who’ll  defend you and you get the anti-fans who’ll just find a way to badmouth you. Ever since last year, I made a vow to myself to not be too curious of how other people think of me. I’ve already been to enough depression and self-doubt. I continued my nap.

“Is he dating anyone?” The conversations continued.

“I think not.”

“Well, I saw in the internet that He and Suzy have couple items. There are even picture evidences.”

“Just because they’re in dream high together doesn’t mean that they’re a couple.”

“Well yeah. But speaking of Suzy...”

“What is it?” The girl sounded really curious. I jointed out of sleep. I removed the arm on face and opened my eyes.  I admit, I was curious because of I heard Suzy’s involved. You see, sometimes rumors have a tinge of truthness to them.

“I’ve heard the producer talking about her and Sung Joon.”

“Oh, the guy with her on Gu Family Book?”

“Yes. And the one with the past dating scandal. Actually, after their meeting, one of the producers said that saw Suzy meeting Sung Joon and going out of the restaurant together.” The girl whispered. I had to stand up to hear it.

“Omo, that’s big news!”One of the girls exclaimed.

“Shhhh.”  I went near the door. The girl turned down her voice, “Others said that they were going for a drink and some said that they kissed. And they went home together.”

“Really? Celebrities are really lucky you know.” The girl sounded giddy.

I couldn’t take it, I opened the door. To find the two girls talking looking surprised then flustered.

“Ah~ K-Kim Soo Hyun-ssi.” The other girl swooned.

“E-excuse me, please talk elsewhere. I’m really tired and I wanted to take a nap. Thank you for understanding.” I tried to smile at them  cooly. I need to keep my emotions in tact. Don’t lose your cool Soo Hyun.

“Ah deh. We’re sorry. Please continue your sleep.”One of them said. They bowed to me and I returned the bow to them. I saw them walk away. They were all smiles. I let out a sigh and closed the door.

 “Thud” I layed myself on the sofa. "Stop being such a baby, Soo Hyun." I covered my eyes and tried to sleep again. I’m too tired right now to even think...