Oh my God

Say Yes

Kim Soo Hyun

“Congratulations Kim Soo Hyun!”

People are congratulating me since I’ve won the acting Daesang (Korean Grammy Awards). To be honest, I was very happy with what happened. I was even too shocked. Even while I was doing my speech, I was still in utter shock. But I can't help but feel thankful to everyone. It was really heaven sent. 

Again, after all the self-menace that I’ve been left last week, I’m still here in this boring conference room at Keyeast Entertainment. Though people are going in and out and congratulating me, I’m still all alone and still looking over the drama scripts offered. I just finished meeting with the trainees and just sitting here makes me impatient.

Apart from that, I’m still very irritable because of my break up. I can’t even handle my temper as better than usual. I thought all these as I was in the middle of my painfully long script readings. The best that I could do for myself is call Mae Ri and blame it all on her. As worked up as I can be, I reached for my phone and dialed her number, ‘RINNGGGG’ her phone was answered.

“Yoboseyo?” Kim Mae Ri said in the other line.

“Yah! Why are you not calling me all this days?! After all that I’ve said-”  I immediately spoke what’s lingering on my mind .

“Kim Soo Hyun- Shut up. I am in no mood to bicker with you because...”

“Speak faster.”

“Ahem, I just got my first ever drama production! My first ever since school finished!” Kim Mae Ri said with a lively tone.

“Congratulations.” I replied to her while trying to sound positive.

“I referred by somebody, was it the last drama that we did - ‘Together’? It was by SBS again. Did somebody refer me? Do you know them? Who was it? I’m in a new drama called ‘The Brightest’. Have you heard of them?” She asked persitently.

“I don’t know. But congratulations.” Even as surprised, I tried to be happy for her.

“So it’s not you?” She immediately calmed down in a hint of disappointment. “But I’m finally being able to stay in Korea because of this! Thank you! I was really having a hard time looking for a job. Thank you whoever you blessed being you are!” She said as her voice suddenly rose pitch and overfilled with enthusiasm.

My mouth was still at lost for words as I try to find the words to match her energy. But it was all in vain. All I could ever say was again, a mediocre ‘Congratulations!’

“I know, I know. Let’s celebrate sometime. I’m hanging up.” Kim Mae Ri said giddily. I looked at my phone as the line went dead.

“Aish,this girl really does whatever she feels like.” I said to myself as I annoyingly looked at my phone.

I looked at Chief as he entered the room. He walked to pile of papers beside me. He casually read it and picked it up. I saw a script amongst the pile.

“Chief, can you tell me about this script?” I pointed to the script that he was holding.

“You just rejected this right?” He said with curiousity.

“No, let me see it again.”

“Okay, make sure you decide soon. It’s already in the process.” The Chief said as I nodded and intently read the script.

“Thank you Chief.” I said as I reached for the script and concentrated on it’s plot and character.

 

Kim Mae Ri

“Heavens! Buddha! Jesus! God! Thank you! Thank youuuu.” I said while prancing up and down my room. I swear the person below my room could be cursing me right now, but I didn’t care. Because after two weeks of job searching I’m finally employed! Finally!

After a few minutes of jumping up and down and letting the situation sink in, I immediately went to the bathroom and got readied as we were having a meeting in a few hours.

 

 

I was going to the production meeting today and my legs were practically skipping in happiness. Frankly, I was very worried the past few days, I really thought that I would be done for.

“After all my hard work, finally SBS wanted me back.” I said to myself as I clenched my fist in determination.

I was stopped from my prancy mood when my phone vibrated. I took my phone and out read the message.

 

Kim Soo Hyun
Are you really taking that?

I replied,

Kim Mae Ri
Well yeah, I’m already on my way to the production meeting. The actors are going to have their first script reading and I am so freaking excited. ^__________________^

Kim Soo Hyun
Okay, let’s celebrate later.

Kim Mae Ri
Later? Really?

I was really unsure of what he said. Did he really want to meet me? I shrugged the thought as I continued to walk towards SBS’s Building. I walked inside the glassed embellished lobby and made my way towards the conference room. There’s quite a lot of people today since the whole production team is meeting for the first time ever. Plus, the actors are doing their first script reading in the next room which explains the amount of media in the floor. I entered the conference room.  I found myself lost for a moment. People seemed to already knew each other. There were distinct chatters in the room.

“Mae Ri-ah!” I heard a familiar voice, it was Jinri. Thank God she was here. At least I know somebody. With a huge grin on her face, she immediately ran towards me and gave me a big hug.

“Jinri! You too?” I asked while still in a happy surprise. We walked to the side of the room.

“Yes! Yes!” She said as we let out a controlled squeal together. People were starting to look at us. “What position are you offered?” Jinri asked.

“I’m an assistant production manager.”

“Jinja? Me too! This will be so great! We’ll be workmates!” Jinri said with a huge grin in her face. For the second time, we squealed together.

“How did you know about this? How did they know about us? Was it the university?”

“Actually, it was Lee Jong Suk who helped us to get hired.”

“Jong Suk?” My eyes widened. I didn’t know he would do all this for us.

“Yah, why didn’t you tell me that your good friend Lee Jong Suk was Lee Jong Suk, the actor! He’s the actor from I Hear Your Voice. That I’ve actually been talking with an actor!”Jinri said in a fast and high pitched voice as she nudged my arm.

“Actually, I didn’t know about it.” I rubbed my nape as I gave her a guilty smile. “It was just a few weeks since I’ve known. I told you to come with us some time.”

“That’s why you should be updated with the dramas. You could’ve known if you’re watching the latest dramas and not just You Who Came From the Stars.” Jinri leaned in on me and said an I-told-you-so-tone. “As for me going out with you guys, you know how strict my parents are. I can’t even go with you in your nightly drinks. But Jong Suk and I talk sometimes about you in chat, so we’re friendly.”

“Yah, why are you talking about me?” I smirked at her.

“It’s a secret.” Jinri teased.

Then three people entered the room. It was the producer, writer and director. They went to the front as the people find their seats. Suddenly there was silence. The people were listening intently.

“Annyeong Haseyo. Thank you for being here.” The producer said.

As far as introductions go, the producer explained to us about the plot and characters. They explained the airing schedule and how many episodes it would be. He also introduced the production heads and the target shooting dates. I can’t help but think that I really am in a real and somehow scary job world. My eyes beamed in excitement.

“Later, we’ll let you meet the actors. Please excuse us, we have to be on the script reading in the next room.” The producer said as he went out with the writer, director and production heads. They made their way towards the script reading.

“This is a blessing Mae Ri! I thought we had to start at Production Assistants but this awesome!” Jinri said as soon as the producers went out.

“Daebak!” I said. “We should totally treat Jong suk to a drink.”

“You know I can’t drink since the beginning of time.” Her face suddenly fell.

“Yah, you should at least for Jong Suk.”

Jinri pouted as she thinks of what to do. “I am so gonna be done when I get home.” Jinri sighed. “Okay, I’ll go. But you’ll be responsible for me. Arasseo?”

“Of course, trust me! I won’t even drink so much.” I proudly said.

“Why do you look blooming than usual?” Jinri asked as she stared at me for a moment. “Are you and Barry okay now?”

“No, of course not.” I violently shaked my head. “We are so done.”

“Is it a new guy?” Jinri playfully raised her brows and slyly smiled at me.

“Andwe, t-there’s no one.”

“You’re stuttering! I knew it! There’s someone!” Jinri pointed at me and laughs. “I know you inside and out so stop pretending.”

“Aish, I told you there’s no one.” I held her arm.

Jinri eyed me in disbelief, then her eyes lit up. “It’s Jong Suk right?”

“Yah, stop it. We’re friends, and I’m not Jong Suk’s type.”

“Aigoo. Are you sure?” Jinri  eyed me suspiciously.

The people’s chatters were suddenly interrupted as the producer, writer and director came in with the four lead actors. My eyes widened as each of the actors went in the room. First it was Krystal from the girl group f(x). She shyly smiled to us. Then Lee Jong Suk entered in a plain black shirt and pants. He was standing so tall and happy. I beamed a happy smile seeing him like that.  The third actor to come in was Suzy. She entered the room beautifully in white polo and pants. My smile faded as I saw her walking and smiling with the other crew. I bit my lip in conflict as I remember her relationship with Kim Soo Hyun. I can't imagine how awkward would it be working with her. I looked at Jinri and she was feeling all giddy about all this. But who came last made my mouth hung open in surprise. The last actor to come in was none other than Kim Soo Hyun. I was frozen. I can’t believe my eyes.

The producer stepped up. “Meet the four leads of ‘The Brightest’. Krystal, Lee Jong Suk, Suzy and Kim Soo Hyun. After how many years, this will be the reunion drama of Dream High's Suzy and Kim Soo Hyun.”

The audience clapped as the actors smiled and bowed to the production crew. Lee Jong Suk’s eyes were wandering. When he saw us, he smiled widely and waved. Jinri waved back. And I was still frozen. Kim Soo Hyun saw Lee Jong Suk, he looked at where he was waving at. His eyes narrowed and his lips pressed as he saw him waving at us. Suzy turned to looked at Kim Soo Hyun while his eyes were fixed on me.

“Oh my God.” These were the only words that I managed to let out.